main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No problem! Don't forget to check how much it will add to your shipping cost though. That might push it over what it would cost to get it done locally.

2. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Okay, I have a question and I know of no better place to get an answer than here. I suspect even if you don't know you'll know where to point me.

My uncle is trying to figure out how much a collectible he has is worth. It's a 10th anniversary gold cup with figures attached that he got as a prize from a Pepsi promo back in 1987. It's in mint condition, from what he said. He's looking to sell it, but he wants a basic idea of what it's worth. Information or suggestions on where to find it?

Thanks, all!

- Keralys

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I took a real quick look in my books and online and didn't see anything. Is this a paper cup or more like a trophy cup? Can you post a pic?

4. Master_Keralys

Master_Keralys VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 8, 2003
    Good question. After talking to my uncle more last night, he said it was a Pepsi can - but all in gold, with original trilogy characters on it (as the art, I'm presuming). If I can get him to take a picture of it and send it to me, I'll put it up. I have a hard time describing it because I've never seen it myself. I'll see if he can send me a picture of it when he gets home... hopefully that will help. Thanks for the reply!

- Keralys

5. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    if you can post a pic that will help. My books have quite a few gold cans pictured. Most are from TPM and later though.

6. DarthSloth

DarthSloth Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2007
    Anybody know if the tail fin can safely be removed from a Kenner ROJ Imperial Shuttle?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I haven't a clue since I don't have that. Hopefully someone who does will respond..

8. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    http://www.12back.com/vehicles/shuttle.php3
    Heres a link to not only pictures of the imperial shuttle but also pictures of the instructions themselves.

9. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Is there any chance of me getting the Animated Yoda and R2 maquette without having to resort to Ebay? Is Ebay really worth buying from if you have the cash?

I also asked this in the maquette thread, but I thought this might get a faster response?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You could try some of the sites listed in the Online Resource thread (stickied up top). Maybe one of them has it in stock.

11. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Sometimes its best to sit there and watch a trend with alot of pieces cause you never know they may actually come down in price.

12. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Just a quick question.

What was the point of Jedi Master Points and what were they used for?

13. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    No one knows what the point of them was even including hasbro, all they say is to just keep hold of them.

14. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    Wasn't Hasbro doing an auction a few years ago, where you could "bid" your Jedi Master Points for items?

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I seem to remember that, and there is probably a thread or two on it buried in the depths of this board. However, as I recall it was US-only so I didn't pay a lot of attention to it.

16. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Hi, long-time collector, first-time poster here. ;)

During the mid to late 90's, I collected the majority of the POTF (still all mint and NRFB) action figures. Now that my collecting days have slowed to due the decrease in "funds," I'm thinking about selling this part of my collection. I'll be moving away to go to grad school and not only could I use the money but I don't have the room any longer.

I was curious if any collector out there knew of a reputable site for pricing these figures. I'm not a hardcore collect by any means. And besides putting an auction up on eBay, is there anyone who could recommend alternative ways?

My thanks in advance. :)

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We usually suggest that users check closed Ebay auctions for items to get a realistic idea of price. I have some price guides but the latest one is 2005. It's good for a ballpark figure but Ebay will be more up-to-date.

We don't allow selling, trading, buying, or advertising here. There is a private forum where it is allowed but you have to be a Fan Force member to be admitted. The Rebelscum forums have a classified section. You have to register to post but it is free. You could try there.

18. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Thank you so much for your response, LAJ_FETT.

I'm leaning towards going with eBay as I've been looking at ending auction prices. I'm glad that was one of the things you suggested. I'm not too far off my rocker then. ;)

Thank you for hinting at other places like the RebelScum forums. And although I wasn't looking to sell on this forum, thank you for the reminder. I just thought this would be the best place to put the question out there and it was.

With much appreciation,
    Mir
    @};-

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You're welcome! :)

20. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Question, since I'm an action figure newbie.

Is there a release date or a place to find a release date for the following upcoming Hasbro figures?

Darth Revan
    Baron Fel and Hobbie comic pack
    Luke Skywalker and Deena comic pack

According to the Hasbro display at C4, Revan was listed for August and Fel/Hobbie for November, but there weren't any dates or the like.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I looked on Rebelscum for some info.

Darth Revan - Wave 5, no date listed in the checklist
    Baron Fel and Hobbie comic pack - no date listed
    Luke Skywalker and Deena comic pack - not even listed. There's a Luke & R2-D2 and a Luke & Mara Jade.

The checklist is here.

22. skywalker_1982

Dec 25, 2004
    Are you on about potf from 1985???

23. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005
    Hi, this might not be the right place since I'm new to this part of the board but does anyone know a good place to buy Starcases in the UK?

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Check out r2dtoys. They are UK-based.

25. ForceGhostOfCozmic

ForceGhostOfCozmic Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 25, 2005