main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Vader_The_Pimp6916

Vader_The_Pimp6916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    a couple of questions for you.

How much more are the Ultimate Galactic Hunt Figures worth than the regular versions (namely Airborne Trooper, Animated Boba Fett, and McQuarrie Chewbacca) Do you know what they're worth?

Also, will we be seeing any more unleashed figures (7" variety) any time soon?

Thanks in advance!

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I haven't seen any of the new UGH figures yet. Your best bet on value would be to search Ebay closed auctions on them - that will give you a pretty good idea what people will pay for them.

I haven't heard anything on 7" Unleashed but I would like to see some new ones.

3. Vader_The_Pimp6916

Vader_The_Pimp6916 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    Another question if I may...do you know when the new comic packs are set to hit shelves? (Mara & Luke, Leia & Vader, Hett & Dark Woman)

thanks!

also, did anyone see the set for wave 8? Not great figures but we're getting a Padme in the black dinner outfit from AotC for you Padme fans...along with another Jango and clone trooper in jumpsuit.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Not sure on the comic packs - I haven't even seen them locally. I think Forbidden Planet had some of Wave 1 when I was there in July.

5. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    It would be nice to see Mara out here in some form...considering I've waited so long to try to buy her (overpriced) EU figure that she's already dead in the literary world and I still don't have her. I just couldn't bring myself to pay the average asking price for her, yet somehow I paid $35 for an EU Dark Trooper that I opened as soon as I got it. And now I understand they are releasing the DT again in one of the newer waves. Boy, do I feel like a bantha's posterior!

6. anakinandpadmedoomed

anakinandpadmedoomed Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2007
    I will be on the lookout for the Padme in the black dinner outfit..i loved that outfit..that would be a first? with her in that outfit?

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't collect Padme but I am pretty sure this is the first time for the black dinner outfit. The other AOTC ones I can recall have been the white combat outfit, wedding outfit, and Tatooine 'blue dress' outfit.

8. Majik_Monkee

Majik_Monkee Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2005
    We got the comic packs with the Luke/Mara, Leia/Vader, and Dark Woman sets out here...at pretty much every Wal-Mart but the one I live near. As for wave 8...I think we're just breaching wave 3 out here...can we really be that far behind? Well, this is Missouri, so nothing surprises me anymore...

9. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    So I have the Hasbro RotS 12" Shaak Ti. Only problem is that her head popped off. Any suggestions on how to reattach it? I'd really appreciate the assistance.

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't have the figure in question - but if the head popped off, can't you just pop it back on?

11. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    I tried, and...

[voice_Luke]It's impossible![/voice]

:(

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You might try asking in our Custom Figures thread. If anyone would know these folks would - they're always popping heads and other extremities off figures.

13. Itchy_Rules

Itchy_Rules Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2007
    Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post, I've only recently registered and haven't found the information I've been looking for from searching forum posts. I saw the forum announcement against soliciting so I also hope this doesn't violate that. This isn't my intent, but at the same time are there other SW forums which do allow for this?

This weekend I finally got around to cataloging a bunch of my toys from when I was a kid. I always knew I had a Blue Snaggletooth figure, but only after searching for additional information online did I realize that I actually have the cardboard Cantina Adventure Set too. I never knew this before since for the past 25 years it was folded up in the box for the Creature Cantina Action Playset along with the pieces for that set. It was a handme down toy so by the time I got it I never realized they were from two different sets. Anyway my question is what is all this worth?

Snaggletooth is loose, no gun and has paint wear on the boots. I also have Gredo, and Walrusman. The playset is folded in the middle and the upper right corner is ripped at the seam. All plastic foot clips appear to be present. What is a good avenue for selling this, I assume eBay, but are there other SW collecting forums that have buy/sell pages?

Interestingly this set is really the bulk of my SW toy collection as I was never that into the toys as a kid. Since this is really not part of any larger collection it doesn't make much sense for me to keep it. I'd rather sell it and use the money to buy another collectible I would display. I appreciate any help or links you might point me to.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I can take a look in my collecting books a bit later for a price guesstimate. However what we normally recommend is that people search closed Ebay auctions for their item to get a better idea of what collectors are paying.
    Ebay is one place you could try for selling, but the Rebelscum forums have classified sections for both vintage and modern items. You have to register to post but it's free.

15. master_jedi_tink

master_jedi_tink Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    Hey guys! does anyone have a list of figures for episode 1, im trying to finish my collection but not sure which im missing. i also heard there were 2 variations of R2D2 with rocket booster. Is this true?

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Check out the Photo Archive section on Rebelscum. The site is down at the moment but should be back up later. Look for the TPM/Episode 1 section.

17. master_jedi_tink

master_jedi_tink Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
  18. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    what do you guys use to hang ships from a ceiling? regular ships and action fleets.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There was a thread on that here some time ago. It's probably locked in the depths of the forum. I think people mentioned fishing line. I haven't hung anything like that so I'll defer to those who have.

20. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    thanks Fett.
    got some fishing line, going to try it out. now if only i had jango's slave I to go next to boba's :_|

21. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Is there an actual release date for the Entertainment Earth Mando/Clone set, or is it just 'november 2007'

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't think I've seen a release date. The website just says Nov 2007.

23. Teej

Teej Jedi Youngling

Dec 5, 2007
    I'm not sure if this is a good place to look but I'm pretty lost so far.

One of my good friends had an unopened copy of episode 4, 5 and 6 before the digital remastering on VHS. I'm not sure if they were the first releases of each but I do know they were pretty old. Long story short, some jerk destroyed them after they broke up. Stomped on them, pretty much broke her heart. I'm trying to find at least used copies of each original release if not just really old unopened ones to give her for Christmas.

I'm lost though, I don't know what the first vhs release was of each and I don't really know where to look. I love Star Wars, but I've never known anything about fan communities or memorabilia. The oldest I've found so far was the 1992 I think boxed trilogy on VHS, but I'm looking for something older if it's out there.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    OK. I editted the last part of your post because forum rules prevent advertising/soliciting here. However, the Rebelscum forums have a classified section. You have to register to post but it's free.

My collecting book Star Wars Super Collectors Wishbook (3rd edition - 2005) lists the following US release dates and 2005 prices for the first VHS editions of the 3 films:

ANH - 1982 - $20.00

ESB - 1984 - $28.00

RoTJ - 1986 - $15.00

It looks like the THX remastering was in 1995. There were boxed sets in 1990 ($65.00) and 1992 ($115.00 - a deluxe version, judging by the pic in the book).

I think your best bet to find any of these is probably to search on eBay. After 20-some odd years though I'm not sure if any of the first release versions would actually play even if they are unopened. I certainly wouldn't pay a lot of money if you do find them. Having said that I did a quick ebay search on Star Wars + 1982 + VHS and didn't find anything. If you found a 1992 box set I'd go with it.

25. correlliangal

correlliangal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    Hello out there,

I have three questions,

1) I have a "The Empire Strikes Back Offical Poster Monthly" Issue number 2. It has a huge poster of Darth Vader at the "I am your Father" Scene. I picked it up at a used bookstore in Saskatoon Saskatchewan, Canada. I am just wondering if it's worth alot to so as whether or not to frame it.

2) Should collectible posters be framed? My original SW poster that came with my vinyl soundtrack has been framed.(Another thrift store find- OK I just wanted to gloat there!)

3)I wrote fanletters to Hayden Christensen, Billy Dee Williams, and Harrision Ford last July 2006. How long has anyone else had to wait? SHould I write agin? (Oops! that's four)

Thanks

26. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My 3rd edition of the Star Wars Super Collectors Wishbook (2005) gives a price of 5.00 US for the Poster Monthly, so it isn''t worth much. If you really like the poster then I'd frame it but I doubt it will be worth much.

I don't have any posters framed at the moment. I have an original 1977 ANH theatrical poster which i have rolled up in a cardboard tube. I just don't have room to hang it. However if I wanted to hang it I'd get it professionally framed as it is worth a bit. I have a couple of Fett posters up but they are mass-market and not worth a lot.

I don't really collect the autographs so I don't know what to recommend on fan mail. I have autographs from Jeremy Bulloch and Tem Morrison but I got them in person at shows, not via fan mail.