main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Thank you!
    That was fast. :D

I will certainly keep my eyes open for it. Provided I ever get that much money to spend together. *sigh*
    At least I know what to look for now. It is a beauty.[face_love]

EDIT: Did some googling myself and found some more of them for sale. :D
    Also found him.
    Guess, I'll go and rob a bank now. [face_laugh]

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The life-size Boba on that site is my main Holy Grail. However, even if I had the money for it I have no place to put it. So until I win the Lottery and get a larger place it will have to wait! I'll have to make do with my Boba standee.

3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am sorely tempted - if the CV is not at a time I can attend next year, I have some bucks with no use.[face_mischief]
    At least, that'll make CV a win/win situation no matter when it is. [face_laugh]
    And I will make space.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I forget if I've asked this before a few months ago- but is there any market for (POTF2 and beyond) empty figure cards/vehicle boxes/etc? I'm starting to dig through and clean up some storage stuff and I've kept all these boxes and cards and, not sure I'd resell these items complete (in favor of just passing down the toys to my theoretical kids one day, and thus not needing the boxes), I thought maybe it's possible there's a market for either customizers or collectors looking to get a box to a piece they got loose, etc. That exist or am I just off the mark here?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could try a test shot on Ebay and see if you get any takers..

6. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    For a long time I have collected some Star Wars related things such as action figures and comic books but I can't remember where I put that one comic book. Anyway, I am looking to further broaden my collecting but I can't really go full out on anything now. I have 31 action figures including: Han Solo in stormtrooper disguised, Clone Trooper, Commander Deviss - an Arc Trooper, another Obi-Wan Kenobi - ROTS and another Stormtrooper uh... the ones that you can play as in Battlefront using the sniper rifle.

Anywho, I plan on collecting more and I am not sure where else to look. I live in Canada and the stores nearest me don't have much selections. I even tried the comic book stores - they don't have much either. I even checked on-line...I haven't really searched drastically on e-bay but I have checked on StarWars.com and they have a few that I am interested in like the pack, in which you get Dooku, Ventress, Skywalker and Kenobi; The space trooper and the Stormtrooper commander.

Another thing, I'd love to get my hands on a mandalorian helmet (one I could wear around and can fit my head?? lol), clone trooper (ROTS- version) or stormtrooper. Or Darth Vader's lol. If anyone knows where, a link would be much appreciated. Thanks.

- Skywalker

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Check out some of the sites in our Online Resource thread which is stickied at the top of the thread list. It's kinda old but some sites, such as Brian's Toys and Entertainment Earth are still around. For comics try TFAW. (All of these are in the US but do international shipping). CrazyMike is in Canada so he might also have some suggestions.

As far as a helmet goes - I know there is a Boba Fett Voice Changer helmet due out - not sure when though. Google might give you an answer. I've also seen a Clonetrooper one in the local toystore.

8. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    I looked at some of the websites but they don't have much that I want. Hasbro does but they ran out of stock on the ones that I was interested in. Is there any way to know when Hasbro will re-stock? I want commander Cody and all the clone commanders now!!! :(

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure on Hasbro - you could try dropping their Customer Service an email.

Have you tried Amazon US or CA? (Make sure that US will ship toys to CA. I know on the UK site they only ship toys to certain countries due to licensing issues).If they don't have what you want maybe someone in the Marketplace does. And there's always Ebay.

10. Anakin_Skywalker20

Nov 16, 2000
    I already sent Hasbro an email and I got a reply back and they said that they encourage me to check back for updates.

I tried amazon. Nothing. I mean come on, hasbro has the legacy figs for 7.99. can't beat that. I tried ebay... I lost a bid on Rex. :(

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unlocking..

12. OP-Antique-Mall_W17

OP-Antique-Mall_W17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2011
    Hey guys, I?m kind of new to the forums in general, I usually just post in my local group,
    but I need some help, and I thought this might be a good place to start.
    I?m looking for information on something I would like to hunt down.

?Apparently, it is a Hollywood tradition for directors who have their #1 records smashed to take out full page ads congratulating the new record-holders.?

1977, Star Wars took #1 over Jaws
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/ipWna.jpg]
    Variety Fri, Dec 2, 1977
    ----------------------
    E.T. then took #1 over Star Wars
    What Magazine and Issue?
    -----------------------
    1997, Star Wars Special Edition took #1 over E.T.
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/oBqJX.jpg]
    What Magazine and Issue?
    -----------------------
    1998, Titanic took #1 over Star wars
    [image=http://static02.mediaite.com/geekosystem/uploads/2010/01/lucas-cameron-ad2.jpg]
    Variety 1998 but what issue?
    -------------------------
    I don?t know if there are any other star wars ads related to this tradition.

Again I?m new around here.
    I would appreciate any information you may have.[face_praying]

13. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    Hi! I'm looking for the TRU exclusive EU wave from last year's Legacy Collection. I've found it only on Brians Toys but it is unavailable from them. Does anyone know where to find this set?

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  15. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    It doesn't seem to be on there. [face_thinking]

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It was a long shot at best. Ebay might be your best chance if they aren't on the TRU website.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    As I've been cataloging my collections and am looking to sell off a lot of it, I've started to think about what I may concentrate on in the future (besides EU characters for obvious reasons ;)) and one thought I've considered about maybe pursuing is trying to collect all the astromech figures.

I can't be the first person to consider this approach, so I'm wondering if there is already a resource list of all the ones produced so far online?

Even if I don't end up doing this, it'd be an interesting look from a curiosity standpoint.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    You could probably work up a pretty good list by searching on Rebelscum. Their Photo Archives should have pics but the pics will be arranged by toy line (Clone Wars, etc.). A site search on 'astromech' should pick most of them up.

19. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    Hi newbie here. Was hopeing for help in selling a life size Darth Maul. Spent countless hrs. on web trying to figure out what he's worth or how to go about selling him. I am in Canada so shipping would be quite costly due to his size. I think ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hi Keera. I'll drop CrazyMike a PM to get him to check in here. He's the other Collecting mod. He has a lifesize Maul and he lives in Canada so I think he's better placed to answer your questions.

21. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi Keera,

Welcome to the forum :) I also live in Canada and have one of those lifesize Darth Mauls. Depending on the condition he should be worth $1000. The other issue is with how to ship him in one piece and how much it would cost. You should be able to contact Fedex with the dimensions. Pick a couple of destinations and get the quotes.
    That will give you an idea of what the shipping will be. You can then put him on EBay with a high reserve and see how things go.

22. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    Thank you kindly for taking the time to reply. I have researched him on ebay and he really jumps around in price from $2700- 6k no idea why all pics appear to be same. Plus none are in Canada.

23. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    Also I might add , He is in excellent shape if you don't mind a little dust.He was an impulse buy for my son. A local Pizza Hut owner who was shutting down was selling him plus r2d2 and yoda. Not one of my smartest buys as it just scared the crap out of my son and his only useful purpose ( besides security duties standing guard at our window) was entertainment for my hubby. He loved to move him around on me so if I got up in middle of the night to use bathroom he could hear my screams when I came face to face with Darth Mauls not so pleasant face. Or hide him around corners etc. I'm sure you get the picture.Other than that he has just been standing guard by a corner window collecting dust. We are not collectors and I am in no panic to sell but thought maybe he would be happier with an owner who appreciated him lol

24. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    At the risk of revealing my level ( or lack there of ) of common sense...what does the " time left 59 min. " thats above my posts mean ?[face_thinking]

25. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    I hope I have not broken any rules here just read this banner....SOLICITING IS AGAINST THE FORUM RULES. THIS INCLUDES ADVERTISING, BUYING, OR TRADING. My intentions here are not to do any of those. Honest. Was just looking for some how to help. So sorry if I have crossed any lines. [face_blush]