LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    The 'time left' message tells you how long you have left to edit your post. So instead of double-posting you can edit what you just posted to add information or correct spelling.

As far as the advertising goes, I read your post as looking for information. Were you to put Maul on Ebay and then post a link to the auction in Collecting, that would be against the rules.

And I know about scary guys & security - I have a Boba Fett standee that might cause a second look from a burglar. If you want to see a pic click on the site linked in my signature.
  2. keera103 Jedi Padawan

is that a figurine or a costume? Looks pretty life like. I sent you an E-mail with a cpl pics of mine. I think I win in the scary department lol
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I saw your pics. Mine is a lifesize cardboard standee.
  4. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Darth Maul has really gone up in value. I paid $1500 for Maul and Yatto back in 2002.
  5. keera103 Jedi Padawan

Well imagine my surprise to find out how much he's goin for ... I paid $500.00 for him about 3 yrs ago. [face_dancing] :eek: [face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes] [face_dancing] Keeping in mind that he's really only worth what ever some one is willing to pay for him. I would hold onto yours . as i am finding out the more research I do , that there r not to many of him around. People appear to be willing to pay over 6k for him.
  6. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I guess that it all gets down to how bad someone wants an item and how much they are willing to pay for it. I have always wanted one of those Pepsi lifesize Yoda statues and at one point I would have spent a lot of money for it.
  7. keera103 Jedi Padawan

To bad cause thats what I had to choose from Darth maul , Yoda , R2D2 each only $500.00 And I thought that was steep. If I had only known I would have grabbed all 3 lol. Don't think the guy selling thenm had a clue either, he was just trying to close down his pizza hut and get rid of everything. We are in a small town in the Kootneys so not a lot of star wars fans/ collectors around to fill him in. How do i email u ? I can send u some pics I am curious if they r exactly the same. I didnt think they were manufactured in /02 ?
  8. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Love that standee- got one through the fan club a long time ago. One of these days I'll get a Han in carbonite one to complement it, I think. For now, an awesome Rebel Strike standee I got at a Gamestop suffices. :D
  9. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    I got the standee back around 2002 at a cinema/film store up in London. (They sold stuff like standees, posters, film pics). As it was my first stop on a shopping trip I ended up carrying the standee (which was folded and in a transparent plastic bag) around to the rest of my stops. It got some strange glances on the Tube and one of the Forbidden Planet guys wanted to know where I got it as he wanted one and FP were sold out!
  10. Juan-King Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm trying to sort out my TPM toys , the Taco Bell , Pizza Hut , KFC set from '99 .

does anyone know (or have a link) to a complete list of these toys ?

it's really bugging me 'cos when I google it I've seen some very confusing lists on this .

I really need to figure out if I have the set , please help !

11. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Rebelscum Photo Archives might help. They also have checklists on the site. I didn't collect Ep 1 so I won't be much help unless I dig into my books.
  12. Juan-King Jedi Knight

star 2

they^ list 29 toys in the set , but I've got some and inside each box is a checklist and it only lists 26 toys .

?!?

13. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    I have all of those TPM toys and I can vaguely remember a discrepency in the actual toys that were released verses what was on the check list. I will see if I can find the checklist in the coming days.
  14. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
  15. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Are there any non-paypal auction sites out there? Like places where you can just use your credit card? I'm working on a loose vintage collection and I recently hopped on the anti-paypal bandwagon.
  16. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Not sure on auction sites. Plenty of online stores to take your credit card though..
  17. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I'm having a hard time finding one. I have been using online stores but a lot of places overcharge.
  18. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    If you're after loose stuff be sure to check out Brian's Toys. They can be overpriced but they do offer loose figures.
  19. Who's the Bossk Jedi Youngling

How do I edit profile pic or make this pic main one? and also want member since to be April '02. thanks
  20. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Not sure what you mean? If you were here in April 02 what happened to your old ID?
  21. Who's the Bossk Jedi Youngling

I tried using my old email and password but it didn't work. then I received new password but it said I was banned! So I started over. Should I try going back?
  22. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    What's your old ID? I'll take a look...
    Last edited by LAJ_FETT, Mar 1, 2013
  23. Who's the Bossk Jedi Youngling

24. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    Nah - your old username. I'll look it up to see what the status is.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT