main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The 'time left' message tells you how long you have left to edit your post. So instead of double-posting you can edit what you just posted to add information or correct spelling.

As far as the advertising goes, I read your post as looking for information. Were you to put Maul on Ebay and then post a link to the auction in Collecting, that would be against the rules.

And I know about scary guys & security - I have a Boba Fett standee that might cause a second look from a burglar. If you want to see a pic click on the site linked in my signature.

2. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    is that a figurine or a costume? Looks pretty life like. I sent you an E-mail with a cpl pics of mine. I think I win in the scary department lol

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw your pics. Mine is a lifesize cardboard standee.

4. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Darth Maul has really gone up in value. I paid $1500 for Maul and Yatto back in 2002.

5. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    Well imagine my surprise to find out how much he's goin for ... I paid $500.00 for him about 3 yrs ago. [face_dancing] :eek: [face_money_eyes] [face_money_eyes] [face_dancing] Keeping in mind that he's really only worth what ever some one is willing to pay for him. I would hold onto yours . as i am finding out the more research I do , that there r not to many of him around. People appear to be willing to pay over 6k for him.

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I guess that it all gets down to how bad someone wants an item and how much they are willing to pay for it. I have always wanted one of those Pepsi lifesize Yoda statues and at one point I would have spent a lot of money for it.

7. keera103

keera103 Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2011
    To bad cause thats what I had to choose from Darth maul , Yoda , R2D2 each only $500.00 And I thought that was steep. If I had only known I would have grabbed all 3 lol. Don't think the guy selling thenm had a clue either, he was just trying to close down his pizza hut and get rid of everything. We are in a small town in the Kootneys so not a lot of star wars fans/ collectors around to fill him in. How do i email u ? I can send u some pics I am curious if they r exactly the same. I didnt think they were manufactured in /02 ?

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Love that standee- got one through the fan club a long time ago. One of these days I'll get a Han in carbonite one to complement it, I think. For now, an awesome Rebel Strike standee I got at a Gamestop suffices. :D

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I got the standee back around 2002 at a cinema/film store up in London. (They sold stuff like standees, posters, film pics). As it was my first stop on a shopping trip I ended up carrying the standee (which was folded and in a transparent plastic bag) around to the rest of my stops. It got some strange glances on the Tube and one of the Forbidden Planet guys wanted to know where I got it as he wanted one and FP were sold out!

10. Juan-King

Juan-King Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2004
    I'm trying to sort out my TPM toys , the Taco Bell , Pizza Hut , KFC set from '99 .

does anyone know (or have a link) to a complete list of these toys ?

it's really bugging me 'cos when I google it I've seen some very confusing lists on this .

I really need to figure out if I have the set , please help !

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Rebelscum Photo Archives might help. They also have checklists on the site. I didn't collect Ep 1 so I won't be much help unless I dig into my books.

12. Juan-King

Juan-King Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 2004

they^ list 29 toys in the set , but I've got some and inside each box is a checklist and it only lists 26 toys .

?!?

13. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have all of those TPM toys and I can vaguely remember a discrepency in the actual toys that were released verses what was on the check list. I will see if I can find the checklist in the coming days.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Still looking...

15. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Are there any non-paypal auction sites out there? Like places where you can just use your credit card? I'm working on a loose vintage collection and I recently hopped on the anti-paypal bandwagon.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure on auction sites. Plenty of online stores to take your credit card though..

17. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Yeah I'm having a hard time finding one. I have been using online stores but a lot of places overcharge.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    If you're after loose stuff be sure to check out Brian's Toys. They can be overpriced but they do offer loose figures.

19. Who's the Bossk

Who's the Bossk Jedi Youngling

Feb 25, 2013
    How do I edit profile pic or make this pic main one? and also want member since to be April '02. thanks

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not sure what you mean? If you were here in April 02 what happened to your old ID?

21. Who's the Bossk

Feb 25, 2013
    I tried using my old email and password but it didn't work. then I received new password but it said I was banned! So I started over. Should I try going back?

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    What's your old ID? I'll take a look...

23. Who's the Bossk

Feb 25, 2013
  24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nah - your old username. I'll look it up to see what the status is.