main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAJ_Fett's Question and Answer Thread V. 2.0

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Mara_Jade_Fan, Nov 18, 2003.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    [​IMG]

Grievousdude
    Found this pic online.. Doesn't match your description but same fig??

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Close. Here's my figure. Sorry for the sizing I couldn't resize it as it was on my Windows Phone that is a bit old now.[​IMG]

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Looks like a ROTS (2005) figure??

4. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I just checked the bottom of his foot and it says 2004. Did some ROTS figures come out a year early or something?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My third edition of the SW Super Collector's Wish Book lists 3 Vaders that came out between 2004-2005 - all part of the Original Trilogy Collection. OTC#34 is Darth Vader Death Star. OTC #29 is Hoth Darth Vader. OTC #10 is just listed as Darth Vader. Of the three, #10 has a removable helmet. #29 does have a short arm. The pic of this one also resembles the coloring of your pic. You can see a pretty good pic of #29 here on Amazon UK. (Hover over the pic to enlarge). #34 is here. A loose #10 is here. Click on each image to view.

Grievousdude likes this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Is a basement a good environment to keep figures?? I figure it's fine..Anyone else have there collection in basement?

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Depends on the collection and the basement. If it's a finished basement with heat, you're probably OK. Otherwise I'd be concerned about dampness, especially if paper items (posters, comics, books, carded figures) are involved. If it were me I'd probably store the items in waterproof containers (like large Tupperware boxes, for example). Another factor is flooding - has the basement ever flooded in heavy rain? When I was growing up we had to have a sump pump in ours and I wouldn't put a collection somewhere like that.

B99 likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    We do have a little heat in basement.
    And in Summer we often run a dehumidifier to get rid of the moisture in air,

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's not the ideal place. I'd try to avoid paper products being stored there and anything else I'd put in waterproof containers. If you have anything high-ended (statues, limited edition pieces) I'd try to see about storing those elsewhere. The opposite end of the house - the attic - would be drier but then the problem of heat damage comes into the equation.

B99 likes this.
  10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Does a dehumidifier help at all or make any bit if difference?

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I run one in my flat during the winter as it tends to be damp. I do notice a reduction in humidity. (I have a barometer that also measures humidity). If you want to check how well yours works you could do the same. A lot depends on how damp it is and how good the dehumidifier is. Taking a before measurement and then one after the machine has been running should tell you. Is it always on or just certain times of the day?
    As far as the actual gauge goes, check Amazon. I found this one that's under $20.

B99 likes this.
  12. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    During the day sometimes..

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd get a gauge (if you don't have one already) and see how bad it is. Anything over 75% is considered humid according to my barometer. My flat tends to run between 60 and 70% in summer and I can keep it at 70% with the dehumidifier in winter.

B99 likes this.
  14. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Thx bro

15. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Anyone else on there BS figs, like Darth Vader and Kylo unmasked, noticed a lil lil smudge on the hand/figures on figs like mine?

16. ABH1979

ABH1979 Jedi Padawan

Apr 23, 2018
    Forgive if there is a better place to ask, but does anyone know if Mattel will continue the Hot Wheels Elite line with the Solo vehicles?

I just bought the OT Falcon and it's awesome -- I'd love to pair it up with the Solo/Kessel Run Falcon, but so far I've seen no indication that it will even be produced...

teamhansolo likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't collect in that area but I know we have members that do. Hopefully one will post an answer. If you aren't already a member on our sister site Rebelscum you might want to take a look in their forums. They are more collecting-oriented than we are and have threads on just about any collecting topic. It's free to register there.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    ABH1979 likes this.
  18. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Did they ever release a SA Saesee Tiin?

I don't think I've seen a movie version with ball jointed elbows, only swivels.

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    There were 2 Saesee Tiin figures that I found - POTJ and Legacy Collection. I found examples of both on Amazon.com but the descriptions don't say anything about them being SA or not. I don't have either figure so maybe someone who does will comment.

20. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I have 4 Applause Limited Edition Episode I miniatures gathering dust in my closet. They are mint in box. I've actually never opened them. I have Obi-Wan, Darth Maul, Queen Amidala, and Qui-Gon Jinn. People seem to be selling these for ~$20-$30 on eBay, but I don't see anyone bidding on them. Does anyone have an idea of what these figures might be worth?

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    My value books are all pretty old. I'd try looking for recent closed auctions on the items.

22. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    Thank you! I've seen ongoing auctions of the Amidala, Obi-Wan, and Darth Maul figures on eBay, but I can't find any mention of the Qui-Gon figure anywhere on the internet. I don't know if that means it's worth more, because no one has it, or worth less, because no one wants it. :p

23. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
  24. poor yorick

Jun 25, 2002
    No, that's a bigger figure. The one I have is about 6" tall.

This is a picture of it:

[​IMG]

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Not seeing anything on a 6-inch Qui-Gon. I've seen 9- and 12-inch ones listed though. If you have a ruler can you see if the figure is around 9 inches tall?