main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Lame-ass Kris Kringle gifts

Discussion in 'Community' started by DebonaireNerd, Nov 19, 2015.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    By now most of us would have been roped into some kind of Kris Kringle gift scheme in an attempt to promote unity between strangers. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This thread is for the recipient under such a scheme where the gifting party either has mistaken you for someone else or gone out of their way to buy you something which says "i saw it on the way to work".

Me first.

Years and years ago I decided I needed to lose weight (to which I succeeded) but I made it known to all that surrounded that it was my goal to lose a certain number of kilos. My KK gives me a box of chocolates.

2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You ungrateful *******

JoinTheSchwarz , jp-30 and harpua like this.
  3. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    They were cheap chocolates. There was a $30.00 budget.

Darth Punk likes this.
  4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    There was this one time a fellow in the office got me an old wrinkled shirt in a bag. It was obvious that he forgot to get me something, so he just went to his closet, found something and threw it in a bag.

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  5. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Did he at least wash it?

6. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Most of mine actually have gone extremely well. Except for the 8th grade. I had severe nut allergies (still do), and not only did my gift-giver not wrap the present (not like he needed to, it still had bits of wrapping paper from the previous owner on it). He also spelled my name as Briann. Then I pulled open the plastic bag and it was a huge tin of hazelnut creme biscuits with crushed nuts sprinkled on them.

That was pretty horrible.