main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lament of a Soul Lost (AU, Angst, Drama)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Nov 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: Lament of a Soul Lost
    Author: sheleigh
    Summary: The life of Qui-Gon Jinn is tossed into turmoil when he finds that dreams can be reality, and reality a dream.
    Author?s Notes: This is dedicated the wonderful authoress, Bekka (TheFallen) who was kind enough to allow me to work with this plot bunny. Hugs to her!! I hope everyone enjoys this!
    Oh- yes, and this a bit shorter than normal- but this is only the opening. ;) Anyways on with the story.

Prologue: The Innocence Lost

"Through me you pass into the city of woe:
    Through me you pass into eternal pain:
    Through me among the people lost for aye.
    Justice the founder of my fabric moved:
    To rear me was the task of power divine,
    Supremest wisdom, and primeval love.
    Before me things create were none, save things
    Eternal, and eternal I shall endure.
    All hope abandon, ye who enter here."
    -Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy

Shadowed area?s fell over the dimly lit room. Silently, white clothed people moved solemnly among the scattered, cloth covered bodies. And at the doorway, blocking the light the hall outside provided stood a figure, his face tight with worry- and pain. He moved to the side, entering into the room, head bowed in respect.

Another worker moved past him, muttering a quiet apology, before laying yet another body down.

The figure moved further into the room, his face twisting at the thought of the pain the bodies in the room had gone through, before they had passed into the blackness of death.

Another faceless, white covered body was placed into the morgue. The man found himself moving towards this one, by forces unknown. He stopped meters away from the body, as a slight wind swept through the room- or atleast that is what he thought. For, peaking under the white of the sheet was spiked ginger haired head. The man walked closer, kneeling next to the body, his hand reaching against his will towards the corner.

A heart-wrenching wail was let from the man, as he uncovered the body of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Qui-Gon Jinn pulled the lifeless body into his arms, then rocking back and forth. Soon, he felt hands grasping at him, pulling his precious bundle from his arms.

He screamed a raw, primal scream, knocking the grasping hands away with the Force, ignoring the sickening thuds as they hit the walls of the room. Qui-Gon sobbed into the matted ginger hair, silently cursing the Force, himself, and the council for sending he and his precious Padawan on this damned mission.

The sobbing was receding now- instead, a gleam- dangerous, and sorrowful- had lit the bright blue eyes, darkening them. He pulled himself to his feet, his bundle still in his arms. Fearful workers watched him, as he left the room, leaving destruction in his path.

His journey continued, walking down the bloodied halls, scattering all in his path. Calmly he strode towards the another chamber- knowing exactly what was housed there. The door was slammed open, admitting Qui-Gon Jinn, in all his terrifying fury.

The men of the room flinched back, as they stared at the towering figure, with deadly fury on his face. A flashing green lightsaber was pulled from his belt. Without putting down the body of Obi-Wan, he moved towards the men.

Moments later he walked out, his clothing bloodied, by not only his and Obi-Wan?s, but that of Obi-Wan?s killers.

2. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    I told you I'd get the first reply. ;) I should really start handing plot bunnies to you more often. You're too angsty for your own good. But I'll enjoy this ride, yes ma'am. :)

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Wow... This looks amazing! Great start!

4. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    :eek: Whoa! That was intense! And kinda scary.

More, please! :D

5. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was seriously intense! But for some odd, macabre reason; I want more.

6. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Creepy!! More!!

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Obi...dead? :_|
    Qui...enraged and murderous? [face_shocked]
    Good...story! :D

I eagerly await more!

8. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Going by the summary, I have a feeling that Obi-Wan is not dead, and that all of this is Qui-Gon's imagination/nightmare/whatever.

Please post more, sheleigh! :)

9. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Thanks guys! thank yous before the next post...

as for right now..

UP! :D

10. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    :eek: Master! Look what you've done! You've given her a new bunny and it's going to kill us all. God save us...we're all going to OD on angst...

11. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Woah, so is there more?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.