main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAN Party @ Episode III CampOut

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    This thread is for discussing planning and preperation for the outdoor LAN in order to host computer games. I will start off a list of supplies and assets specifficaly for this portion of the event. If you have any of these, make it known here. If I have overlooked anything, make a suggestion.

Items Needed
    * at least 2 Large Overhead Covers (gamming area and video viewing)
    * 1 Small Overhead Cover (sign IN/OUT station with info. about FanForce Acadiana)
    * Barriers (I will discuss perimeter dimensions later)
    * folding tables
    * BYOC (bring your own chair)
    * at least two, maybe three
    * power coards and multi-outlet strips
    * Server (hardware)
    * PC Games w/ server capability (Battlefront, Jedi Outcast/Academy, Galactic Battlegrounds, etc.)
    * Large TV
    * DVD Player
    * Dedicated computer for playing FanFilms and Name That Species (Power Point GAME)
    * Someone to be responsible for makeing this work. (This can be more than one person. Volunteer PLEASE.)

In the case of bad weather, we should make plans to store equipment in a vehicle or have covers standing by to protect them. UNPLUG is important.

Keep in mind that this all needs to be tested ahead of time. I am thinking, May 12th.

2. darkest_jedi54

darkest_jedi54 Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2004
    Even though I wont be able to participate I will still help. I can bring a dvd player and a couple of SW games. I know where Jedi Academy is and I might be able to find Jedi Outcast as well.

3. Bakh-tor_01

Bakh-tor_01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I wont be ablbe to be there for the whole time but i can supply a a very good switch and probobly an excelent PC to act as a server.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Probably, I was depending on you.

5. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    No More Probobly! Its now definant i will be able to supply a 2.4ghz pc with 1gig ram and a 128mb fx5200 video card. and 17lcd monitor and keyboard and mouse to go with it, as well as 2 layer 2 nortell switches.

6. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    as always swamp, i can help out anyway shape or form.
    1. my dad knows some people that tailgate for the LSU football games and they have tents, I can ask them if they can lend us one. I think one of my brother's friends has a small tent.
    2. extras chairs, I have
    3. multi-outlet strips, two I have
    4. PC Games: BattleFront, Jedi Outcast, & Star Wars Lego
    5. TV: 27" Flat screen (not plasma).
    6. DVD Player
    7. volunteer to make it work.

7. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Sweet! And to think I was beginning to panic! Friday, I am going to dedicate the day to rounding up stuff too. Also, I will ask for Mon. and Tues. of next week off. That will give me Mon. - Thurs. to work on this.

As for all of the computer equipment, you going to do a test run with a generator? If not with a generator, at least hook it all up and test.

Finally, I was thinkin' we should be able to supply some long CAT-5 drops if possible. I suppose we won't really know everything we need until we get on site.

8. Bakh-tor_01

Jul 30, 2003
    It will all be tested beforhand the PC for the server is being built and configured just for this occasion. i'll make setup as easy as i can but i wont be able to be there during the week at all. I will leave you my Numbers cell, work, home, and pager. so you can get ahold of me if need be.

9. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Thanks a bunch! You da wookie!

10. Aethon

Aethon Jedi Youngling

Sep 12, 2003
    Just sobering up from my graduation party...woot.

Coming by DB94 today with my son and I will see what is left that needs help.

Man that sentence barely makes sense...must...get...coffee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.