main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico LAN PARTY ( Next Lan Party in planning stages)

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by kyle_katarn_pr, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kyle_katarn_pr

kyle_katarn_pr Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Five marines ventured thru the long and dark corridor. The smell of putrescent metal lingered aggressively on the air. The lights in the ceiling are flicking.The men could only trust the lighting apparatus they carried on their shoulders for some sort of clearness.There mission was to find any survivors in the abandoned colonial base in the Kerfentar planet. They have come up empty handed. The base was a gigantic and complex labyrinth of corridors, doors , and oblique darkness. The monotony of their environment was suddenly ruptured by a small apparently useless door in the right wall. The soldiers hadn?t encountered anything similar to the 1 meter high door in their uneventful tour around the base.
    ?HQ said that we should search this place thoroughly for any survivors. So I guess that ?thoroughly? includes this door.? said Srgt.Reyes, with his usual insecurity. He was good with utilizing his family?s placement in society to get to to Sergeant (First Class , he always points out) ; his abilities don?t lie in military strategy , procedure , or common sense.
    ?Sir, what do you guess it?s for ?? asked Private Mejia
    ?No idea , but it?s big enough to fit an adult , so it must be explored.?
    The momentary silence from the men under his command made it clear that no one like the idea.
    Tough luck he thought.
    ?Mejia you are up?.
    With the private?s look ,there were no need for words.
    ?There is no time to loss soldier, hurry up? said the Sergeant.
    Mejia left his pulse rifle with the group and crawled into the tunnel with a flash light and his hand gun. His trembling hand , struggling with the flash light, made it all the more difficult to se in the pitch black tunnel. But he carried on none the less , thinking of his girlfriend back home. He spotted a small robot with wheels. He smiled as he grabbed the small artificial intelligence. He had solved the puzzle that bother him a while back. He playfully examined the tunnel?s patron. He had no chance of seeing the thing that was quickly crawling towards him in his opposite direction. Before Mejiahs diverted his attention from the robot , 10 feral claws rearranged his faced as if it was made out of soft clay. With it?s middle fingers , the terror ripped thru the soldier?s cheek and entered his mouth. inside his mouth they severed his tongue. The shattered human opened his mouth to scream , but it only served as a passage way for the thing?s sharp tail to enter it?s prey?s body. The tail made it?s way towards Mejias organs. It made chaos of his inner working and stop right at his bowels. The soldier?s body went into shock. Like a merciful angel , this new state of consciousness made the pain go away ; a few seconds later he had passed on.
    ?Sir , look!? screamed Private Mann.
    A swarm moved in the darkness that lay ahead of the team. Four flash lights pointed that at direction to reveal the madness that was headed their way. Thousands of reptilian creatures crawled their way towards them. In the floor , in the ceiling , and in the walls: The black death was everywhere.
    ?SIR, I suggest we open fire? said Herrero.
    When Srgt.Reyes hesitated for a second the team began to fire at the mass in front. They shot at them with bullets and grenades. But the things kept coming.
    ?Sir, I recommend a retreat? Cabrera turned , but the sergeant was nowhere to be seen.

With a symphony of gun shots , and grenade explosions , and the ?clicks? the thing?s fingernails made as they crawled ; Reyes ran for dear live and sanity. He reached an operable door and entered the room , an office of some sort. In panic , he looked around but there was nothing of use. Abruptly the gun fire stopped
    Crying and screaming , the cowardly soldier looked kept his frantic search for a tool of salvation.
    Then the millions of CLICKS became much loader.
    Unlucky in his state he still was aware of his surroundings. They were after him.
    He sat down in the previous owner?s chair with his gun pointing at the door. Then sturdy door began a violent shake back and forth.

Srgt. First Class Reyes closed his

2. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    I produced this thread to organize a new LAN PARTY (yes once again). But this Lan Party is going to be different from the rest because it will be primarily an Alien Vs.Predator 2 only lan party.

I wrote the very short piece of fiction you in a humble attempt to capture the adrenaline and excitement this game brings , especially when it is played against many human opponents.
    This are the games requierments:

Minimum PC Requirements

English Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000 or XP
    English Windows compatible keyboard and mouse
    Pentium III 450 or equivalent processor
    24X CD-ROM drives
    128 MB RAM
    16 MB DirectX 8-compatible D3D video card
    16-bit DirectX 8-compatible sound card
    DirectX 8 or higher

Alien Vs.Predator 2 retails at about $20 in EBX and Babbages , but extra copies can become available.

There is no concrete date for the event because I wanted to measure the amount of anticipation this activity would create. Any body interested: please post your willingness to participade in the event.

Tony
    PS: Don't be fooled by the outcome of my story. Marines are not weaklings. Infact Carlitos and I are an efective marine team. jjajajjaja

3. Silent-Voices

Silent-Voices Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    I'm up for it!!

tengo el juego y pues obviamente la computadora haha

esto sera bien fun si se da ^_^

4. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    perfecto! Ya contamos con 6 computadoras. He jugado con hasta 7 o 8 personas , y ha sido demencia(preguntenle a carlos hann). Mi meta es conseguir 15 o 20. Imaginense eso . 3 equipos a la vez: 5 predators ( they are too tough) , 4 Aliens , 6 marines ( we need more marines) y algunos mercenarios.

Another world war I TELL YOU!!!!

5. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Hay Tony, lo tuyo viene pronto...

Creo que para este LAN si voy a poder presentarme. Me da curiosidad el juego.

6. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    You have my pulse rifle, or wristblades, or claws.

Me apunto. Estoy jugando la misión de ?marine? del ?single? player y no solo es uno de los mejores ?first person shoters? que he jugado, si no que no me había asustado tanto un video juego desde los ?Resident Evil?.

7. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    Perfecto pues con Rafa , Carlos , y Roman la cuenta de COMPUTADORAS que se van a presentar al juego es:

11 computadoras!!!
    Ayudenos a pelear la buena batalla.
    Tony

PS: bring it on Rafa!

8. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Acabo de pasar el juego como ?marine?. Aunque el final un poco genérico me gusto.

Lo que me sorprendió fue cuando el Predator empezó a cazarme a mí y a toda persona que estaba en el edificio. A cada rato veía a alguien morir y apenas podía ver al predator. Solo imagínense, su disparo no solo dolía mucho, si no también tenían ?tracking?. Aun mas frustrante fue verlo saltar de un edificio a otro sobre la calle donde caminaba. Como quiera, no smartgun (piensen en una ametralladora que puede hacer ?loke on target?

Nota: los que juegan como alien pueden jugar como ?life cycle?. En este empiezan como ?face hugers? y continúan el ciclo de vida de los aliens (si no los mato primero ;)). Los ?face hugers? no son tan malos si consideras que ?matan? con solo un ataque.

9. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    Que cool suena esa ultima tabla.

Figate Roman , un dato bastante curioso es que la mayoria de la gente que juega Alien con la que he jugado prefieren no utilizar el "life cycle" , porque los deja muy vulnerables al comienzo del juego.

10. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    sorry , shameless repeat!!

11. Khal_DRhonn

Khal_DRhonn Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2002
  12. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Cuando va a ser el proximo LAN Party? He estado por darle un try a AvP2 desde hace tiempo! :D

13. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    Con mucha alegria les informo que el Lan Party esta programado para el Sabado 19 de Julio. Pronto escribire una lista de la gente que va a ir.

14. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Cool, y de una vez le tomamos fotos al Vader participando del LAN party! JEJEJE! [face_laugh]

15. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Para ese weekend no había una actividad en Los Tubos, o en que quedó eso?

16. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    That's true my excellent gentleman.

Pero no es la actividad oficial, so el que quiera pues que vaya a una o la otra.

17. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    A que hora ese dia seria el LAN party?

18. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    A que hora ese dia seria el LAN party?

19. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
  20. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    A las 11 de la mañana ( como ya saben tarda mucho tiempo setear estas cosas). Todavia no estoy muy seguro del lugar.

21. AAMD11

AAMD11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    That sounds like real fun!

22. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    Hola muchachos,
    Ya estamos en la recta final para el evento. NECESITO que los que vallan a participar en la actividad me manden un PM o que vuelvan a postear aqui. Necesito tener una lista final para asi poder finalizar las negociaciones para obtener un lugar.

23. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
    Bueno gente, Sgt. Reyes me informa que no hay chance de que el pueda ir al lan party el sabado, asi que por favor confirmen su asistencia a mi. Carlos (Silent-Voices), Rafa, Roman y Jan son hasta ahora los que han mostrado interés en este thread, y ya tengo 6 otras computadoras confirmadas de otros lugares además de la mia. De igual forma que Tony, pueden postear su confirmación en este thread, o enviarme un PM. Necesito esa confirmación (especialmente de Carlos, Roman y Jan) para informarles sobre las direcciónes de como llegar al lugar (mi casa).

Espero matarlos el sábado. Cheers.

24. kyle_katarn_pr

Apr 28, 2002
    Lucidus that avatar is flamming!

25. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    No creo que me sea posible llegar. Sorry... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.