Lancaster County Garrison planning

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Midi-ChlorianLori, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    Any need for an Amish rebel of some kind? I don't have a helmet either, and I think there will be a Bank rebellion around here if I start trying to amass more costumes :D
  2. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    It would be fun to have someone to chase around... [face_devil]

-Lori
  3. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    True! :) The real trick would be to make a bonnet shaped like the Leia buns ...
  4. Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Knight

star 2
    So, are we also supplying our own beards, or is that going to be included with the hats? :)
  5. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    You're supplying your own beards- they are attached to the helmet, not the hat [face_shame_on_you]
  6. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5

No one is going to have time to make a Quilted Imperial Officer uniform! [face_laugh]

It's a darn shame that we don't have time to make Imperial "quilts" with the cog on them. Ohhhh... wait... maybe we can make a Amish Impeial Cog instead!?! :confused:
  7. Vaders_Kid Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ok, I just had to jump in so I could find out just what the H-E-double-toothpicks is going on?? Amish stormtroopers? Is this something Charles came up with? I can remember a time when Charles was going to appear at a con dressed as an Ewok Village but this!

Oh come on!!!

I wonder how I'd look with a beard...
  8. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    All right, I'll get Ken to work painting a big old fake Amish Hex thingy with the Imperial cog. He doesn't start class until the 23rd.

Lori, I'll borrow a helmet! I doubt I'll get one in time.

Or, I'll do an Amish Jedi. It's all ok with me. Might even work on a faux quilt robe....

9. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    We're putting together a Lancaster County Garrison costume of Amish "Stormtroopers" group costume for Farpoint. If you'd like to join us, just hop on the thread and let us know what you'd like to do for a costume!

-Lori
  10. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well we lost one of the helmet's. Got outbid at the last moment. I figured that would happen. Damn I hate ebay....
  11. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    A female Amish Jedi might not be too hard - you could wear a long black skirt, lace-up boots, and the tabbards could be quilted... and a bonnet of course... and I guess a wooden lightsaber - ?
  12. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    w00t! Got one helmet at least, so now we only have to borrow one.
  13. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What bucket did you get Minx? A Rubbies or a Don Post?

Hey Lori, quick slightly off topic question for you:

Have you seen both the Rubbies and the Don Post standard TK buckets in person? Is there any difference in size? I have been toying with the idea of making my son his own TK costume and I keep hearing that the Don Post bucket is smaller.

Ok back to your regularly scheduled maddness.
  14. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Quilted Jedi Robes? Hm... JoAnn's is having a sale until the 17th. (but I still haven't seen that fabric you wanted lately, Wendy)

Lori, how are your bonnet making skills? Or should Amish Jedi wear the big black hats too? Hm.

Must pillage costumes tonite to see what I have.
  15. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the Don Post. Is the Rubbies version good too? I may try to find one of those, then, for Target.
  16. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For the purposes of this cosutming group, the Rubbies should be fine Minx. :)
  17. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen them both in person, but not side-by-side. I would guess that they are fairly close in size- I wouldn't think there would be much difference between the two having seen them separately. Either one is MUCH smaller than the TK helmets worn by the 501st and would work fine for kids. (I know from experience with my old Don Post!)

-Lori
  18. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    I haven't tried a bonnet before, but I have a pattern for one... and a spare set of Leia buns that I chopped off my old wig when it died :_|

As far as hats for the Jedi, I'd suggest that if you can tell that you're a female in your costume (such as the Jedi or officers), it would be a good idea to go with a bonnet and skirt rather than the male black hat. Of course, an obviously female Jedi with the beard and hat could be comical in and of itself...

-Lori
  19. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    I bought my beard today! They have beards that work nicely for $3.99 at Masters Costumes. They have a mustache, which you can easily chop off without ruining the beard. I bought a gray beard, which is now ensconced on my Snowtrooper helmet to rather hilarious effect.

I've got the basic pattern for the hats worked out, and figured out that we'll need about 3 layers of buckram to make the brim stiff enough. That should be workable. I'll start actual construction on the hats this weekend...

If anyone needs a men's style hat, please let me know ASAP and let me know the measurements of your head or helmet (as appropriate).

Eugenia, are you still interested in borrowing my Imperial Guard helmet, or did you decide to go for the Jedi?

Charles, you're all set- I've got your helmet measurements and can use Eric's helmet to figure out the logistics.

If anyone else needs to borrow a helmet for Farpoint and needs a hat to go with it, please let me know by this weekend so I can make the hat for it. I have the following helmets available:

-Biker Scout
    -Clonetrooper
    -Jango Fett
    -Boba Fett

Plus a ton of alien masks, if anyone wants to go that route.

Please let me know what type of helmet you're interested in when you reply.

I'll be attending Farpoint on Saturday, so I suggest that we shoot for a Saturday roll-out of the costumes, perhaps right before or right after the Galactic Senate meeting?

-Lori
  20. Darth_Twilight Jedi Master

star 2
    Ooh ooh! I'd love to do the amish Boba Fett! Either that or a Biker Scout! Wheee!!!! What do I need to do?
  21. Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I can do an Amish hat for whichever helmet you'd like. You can pick up an inexpensive beard to add to the helmet (preferably with no mustache, or you can cut the mustache off).

You'll want to come up with a costume that is "Amishy" for whichever character you'd like. You can pick up some quilted fabric to make some of the fabric parts- for example, it would be fun to do a Fett with a quilted cape, or it would be hilarious to make a Biker Scout "diaper" out of the quilted fabric...

You can substitute farm tools, etc. for the technical parts, for example, a hoe for a blaster, a garden fork for Anakin's artificial hand- that sort of thing.

For shoes, plain black clunky shoes would work, or a pair of plain costume boots.

Anyway, let me know if you'd like to use one of those helmets, or if you need ideas or help putting things together. I'll be working on Amish hats at my townhouse this weekend if anyone wants to do a costuming session.

-Lori

22. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Lori, I'll do an Amish Clonetrooper if that's ok - more fun than a Jedi, I think. Do you have any alien masks that Ken can wear his glasses under - I think he'd like that! I'll check with him and see just how set on seeing he is.

And a road trip to Masters is in order, I think. Which one did you go to?
  23. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey can someone grab me a beard?

I never thought I would find myself asking that question. lol

Seriously, the only costume store in the area now only does rentals. :(

Lori, if you can, send me a pic of the hats your making so I can make mine look close to yours.

I found some quilted muslin at JoAnns this weekend, I hope to buy some and do a new duster for my Snowtrooper. Put that with the hat, beard and some jeans and I think my Amish Snowtrooper will be all set.

What about weapons?
  24. Darth_Minx Jedi Master

star 4
    Well we did get the one Don Post helmet but I think I'll still need to borrow one if it's not a problem. That is if I can convince Target to do this with us. As for beards, where does one get those? If somebody is making a beard run, I'll take 2 and pay them back.

As for the rest, well, for Farpoint I think I'll just stick with my overalls and barn boots. I have it on hand and I'm not sure how much time/money I can dedicate before then....
  25. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There's a Masters very close to my house (near the Beanie Weenie in Shirlington), so I will be sure to say when we're making a Beard Run and we'll pick some up for those in need. It'll likely be this weekend sometime. I hope. The quality is sure to be fabulous - it's where Ken got his Mara Jade wig.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.