main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Lancaster County Garrison planning

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Midi-ChlorianLori, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midi-ChlorianLori

Midi-ChlorianLori Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2003
    Weapons? Can you peace bond my hoe? Farm implements, of course!

I'll e-mail you a picture of some Amish hats that I'm using as a model.

2. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Are they going to let us walk around with real garden tools as "weapons"!?!

Boy out of context, that sounds really weird. [face_laugh]

3. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll try e-mailing the folks at Farpoint. Hate to be turned away because my hoe is banned.

4. Darth_Twilight

Darth_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 14, 2005
    Ok, looks like I'm not going to be able to do this after all, but I'm happy to help where help is needed :).

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Chrissy what's up!?!

Talk to me girl, I've got a couple of spare buckets if you needs one to borrow for the day. :)

6. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    And Ken has a real bucket too, I imagine a beard would stick to it too!

7. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Wait a second, I just learned that these costumes would be worn during the day and I committed to doing some 501st stuff with the Maryland Garrison, (my old garrison). If that is the case, I will have to troop in Amish style at a later date.

:(

I might still bring the hat along and wear it with my Snowtrooper, but I'm dying to troop in my new costume finally.

8. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    Bring it along anyway- I'll still be there at night, and we can do at least a group picture with everyone who's still there in the evening (and one in the afternoon as well if some folks can't stay that late). We'll make time for the Amish costumes whenever people are available!

9. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    Darth Minx,

Please let me know if you need Amish hats. If so, what type of helmet did you buy, and what are the dimensions? If you need to borrow a helmet, please let me know which one you're interested in. Thanks!

-Lori

10. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    Eugenia and Ken,

How about a Greedo mask for Ken? It fit over Eric's head and glasses, so it probably would over Ken's as well. We can cut holes in the top of the hat for Greedo's antennae- it'll be a hoot! Will that work?

-Lori

11. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    hehe

Greedo Sabbathed First. :)

12. Darth_Minx

Darth_Minx Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2003
    Yes I do need Amish hats. I bought a Don Post helmet, but as for dimensions, I haven't actually gotten it in the mail yet. Are they standard dimensions? I would still like to borrow a helmet for Target, what are my options there?

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I have no problem speaking for Ken when I say -

Oh My God!! YES! That'll be hilarious.

And for those interested, I'll be going to Masters this weekend to procure our beards, so PM me with your facial hair orders!

14. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    What character helmet do you have already?

For Target, I still have Boba Fett, Jango Fett, Biker Scout, and a bunch of alien masks. Just let me know what he would like to use.

Please let me know what the dimensions are of your helmet when it arrives so I can start it.

15. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Lori,

Thanks so much for doing all this work to make the Amish Garrison rock! Please, let me know if you need any help. I'd be glad to pitch in.

And Ken loved the Greedo idea.

16. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    Target would like to claim the Biker Scout helmet if that's okay.

17. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    Consider it done. What type of trooper helmet did you get?

18. Darth_Minx

Mar 20, 2003
    A stormtrooper helmet. Still no sign of it in the mail, though. Here is a link to the ebay item if that helps. Let me know if that link doesn't work.

19. Midi-ChlorianLori

Sep 30, 2003
    Thanks. I've got a very similar DP Stormtrooper helmet that I can use as a model to make the hat- it should be about right.

20. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    After thinking that I wasn't going to be able to be a part of the Amish garrison, I just realized that I might be able to make a quasi-Amish Jedi work... I know it's not technically part of a garrison, but I'm a little afraid to go to the darkside - especially one without electricity [face_laugh] Anyway, I am missing some kind of Amish headgear. Does anyone know if there are ready-made bonnets that are sold anywhere? I can't sew and I think it's too late to try to learn before the con. Do costume shops carry Amish bonnets?

21. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    LeiaAsylum-
    You know, you could always take the back part of a Don Post Vader helmet (I actually have access to one) and flip it around to wear it on your head. It actually kind of looks like a bonnet! Of course you'd be treading very close to THE DARK SIDE...

22. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    I can imagine what you mean, but does the helmet come apart? Sorry to sound like an idiot, I have 0 experience with imp-style costumes! Are you going Amish for the convention? Amish Vader might be funny ... !

23. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    I'm doing Amish Vader. And yes, the helmet does come apart. I'm hoping to have a quilted cape and maybe a prop red ax, but we'll see.

24. LeiaAsylum

Jul 9, 2003
    That will totally rule GMS! I think this idea is hilarious. You guys are seriously creative!!

25. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'll actually be dressed as Luke, but I don't think I'm doing the Amish thing.

Although the idea does intrique me the more I think about it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.