main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Lance Bass needs to go to space.

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by SeaTrooper, Aug 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Okay...... I am no fan of whatever group he is in.. but my kids love him.
    It seams that the folks that were paying his ticket up there may not finance after all.
    SOOOOOOO...... if more and more non-astronauts can make a dent in the space tourism trade it might make it easier for the rest of us that can't afford it to go one day.
    I say send him up!!! I would have been a lot happier if James Hetfeild would have tried it, but hey who can name the last two guys who went up as tourists? At least with ol' Lance m'boyo no one will ever forget he got the trip.
    Buzz

2. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    actually once I graduate I plan to start a space commerce business...no really Im serious..I like to dream big!!

I plan to make it where in 25 years it will cost no more than 6,000 dollars to go to space

3. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    You are my new personal heroine! Remind me to kiss your feet the next time I see you.
    I did a couple of papers at Embry-Riddle involving Commercial Space Transportation. Got A's in those classes too. The market is brewing right now for this type of involve ment and the FAA is rearranging it's airspace system structure to accomodate the forcast in private sector launchs.
    I LOVE THIS SUBJECT!!!!!!!!

4. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I used to think this was the ultimate experience until I did a short bout on the USS Billfish (submarine for you non-Naval types). I was never so glad to get out of a vehicle in my life. All my ambitions about being locked into a tube and hurled into a hostile environment were dashed that day.

Now I dream about getting a good quality deck built on the back of my house for a reasonable price. I'm no closer to accomplishing the dream but at least this one doesn't involve suffocating and being lost from all mankind when something goes wrong.

Sandy

5. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    I dreamed of going to space my whole life.
    I watch Mr. Armstrong, and Mr Aldrin take that giant leap sitting on my grandmothers lap. This is the woman that as a child crossed into Texas over the Red River in a covered wagon. Such an event and the setting in which I experienced the greatest adventure ever left an indelable impression on me.I grew up on a farm and I had this huge back yard, shaped like a pennisula in the middle of the feilds. Way in the back there was this old shed, and inside it me and my brother drug a bunch of 2x4's and ply wood and made our own cheesy Apollo capsule inside of it.
    Our our moon walks we had these coveralls and rubber boots for a space suit and a couple of card board boxes for the enviromental unit and football helmets for a helmet.
    Yeah.... I'd sell my spleen to go if given the chance. I'd settle for a one way ticket if I had too.
    Buzz

6. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    when I played with barbies with all of my friends everybody thought that I was weird! They wanted to place house with their dolls...and my barbies had ranks and space ships.

Ia

7. DestinySkywalker

DestinySkywalker Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1999
    I won't go into my big long rant on why he shouldn't go, but I think that it's a good idea to send up everyday people.

Right now I think it's a little dangerous because we really don't have the Crew Return Vehicle we've been promising, and with someone as high profile as he is, this could really turn out to be something bad.

That and the fact that he's a No Talent @$$ Clown, but I promised I wouldn't rant. :D

8. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    LOL- I think I like you!!!!!!

9. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    Okay......the pretty boy just got the boot from the Russian Space Training Center.
    Now I was at the office today dissing about this and I, surprising me at my own brilliance, made three points concerning why he should go. The last one was the best and it and just goes to show I can ramble on and on until I find something that make sense.
    Point #1: He's got absloutly no qualification to be there. He is just some guy that wants to go. (How many of us fit into that catagory.
    Point#2: This is a downward trend in the income the last couple of tourists have had. First Mark Shuttleworth, Mega-Billionnare, then then Denis Tito, jut a Billionare, and now Lance Bass. At this trend any of us will make it.
    Point #3: He is a visable enough icon to the youth of the world, mostly pre- and teenage girls in which I have two, to have stimulated the interest of spaceflight. This was a promotional event not to be passed up. He would have made a better impact on the space program than a whole host of nameless non-essential guests (Politicians Jake Garn, and Bill Nelson on "Fact-Finding Missions) that have went up on shuttle flights.
    If I were NASA, or a consortium of commercial space endevours I would be forking out the coin for his trip. Hell Lance, If I had more the $32.64 cents in my checking I would pay for both of us.
    If you think that the Space Biz doesn't need a shot in the arm then someone please explain to my why they are also shutting down the KSC Space Camp?
    Buzz

10. JediDan

JediDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2001
    They're shutting down the space camp? Man, that sucks. I went to the one in Huntsville years ago. It was a great time.

11. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    dont worry guys, I plan to save the space program :)

I have all the answers :)

Ia

12. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    ...and that is why I rreally dig you.....

13. SeaTrooper

Jul 21, 2001
    So my boy is at it again.... and I am here to provide the latest.

Lance paid his tab, but still will not get onto the October launch. The crew on the Space Station need their fresh undies more than they need a pop star. BUT they will get one in April.

Mark Shuttleworth, aptly named and mega rich, is going to go up again. Yes pilgrim... AGAIN. Better hurry Dennis Tito, cos he's going to out pace ya.

Pepsi has an interest in the Space Biz too. It has nothing to do with their media and marketing saturation involving a chihuahua, a Kentucky Colonel, and a really, really, really hot pizza delivery girl, (now that is an action figure I want to see....)as part of TPM blitz. Turns out PepsciCo, Inc. is trying to negotiate a contract with the Soviet Space Agency to award the winner of a reality show with a trip to the International Space Station. I will not say in public what I am willing to do to get on this show. PM and I will let you know... if you are over 18.
    Don't take my word on any of this. Go to Space.Com.
    Buzz

14. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I thought I'd continue this thread just to see how long beyond its natural death we could keep it going.

Did anyone catch the camera footage of the shuttle launch yesterday. What a ride!

I also made an observation about the traffic in downtown Orlando. Whenever the UCF crowd hits the streets, all drivers are pretty annoyed at the little buggers, maniacs that they are, ... but when the shuttle rips across the sky, everyone stops, watches and smiles. Those are the 2 minutes that everyone stops being road hazards, pedestrians, Republicans, Democrats, tree-huggers, lesbians, Hispanics, cops, beggers, alcoholics, war protestors, gas station attendendants, gardeners, street repairmen, electricians, etc. and just becomes Americans.

Sad it doesn't stay that way.

Sandy

15. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    its always nice when people do that....I want to show people that kind of idea...I figure that if they all go to space they can see how spall we are as a people and realize that they can cover all of man kind with a hand, or even a finger....maybe then, after ealizing this, they can forget about their own issues and be a little more pleasent

16. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Yeah. I've been around the world a couple times. It is small.
    I like the cosmos I really do. Room to breath, metaphoricly speaking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.