main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Land Beyond table schedule

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Marric_Korde, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    You have asked and now I give to you.........the sign up sheet!

remember we are looking for 2hr blocks, so think ahead when you post wanting to work the con. There will only be 2 people at the table, maybe only one with our guest, we will work that out at the next meeting.

Volunteer generously and I may reward you.

2. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    Ross and I could do an early afternoon (noon? 1?) shift on Saturday.

3. DarthZemog

DarthZemog Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I'll be down Friday and Saturday for the con, but unfortunately I can't make Sunday. So I can do some hours both Friday and Saturday no problem. Since I'm kind of the newbie to the group, I may need a wingman the first day, (Friday) to show me the ropes. If its really needed, I can do more then 2hrs on Saturday. Friday I can work any hours needed. Saturday I'd prefer to work anytime after 12pm, and as I said I can pull more then 2 hrs if needed.

Also, should we buy tickets through the site now? 3 days is only $15 if you preregister before 9/15. Do we get a discount since we will be working at the table? No worries if not, just need to know what the low down is for this.

Is anyone planning to stick around for Warp 11 on Friday night? I've been wanting to see them since Trekkies 2!

Land Beyond Site

~DZ

4. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I may grace our table at some point in time, i haven't chosen the divine hour as yet.

Zemog I will make sure my apprentice takes care of you[face_devil]

5. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Earl and I can be put down for set up and whatever time is needed on Friday.

6. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Thanks for posting this up Marric.

So far, from the talks I have had w/Dan & Anthony(the promoters), those that have working table shifts will have a vendor badge.
    It looks like it will be 1 maybe 2 Rogues working the shifts at the Table
    * Matthew Wood will be at our table(still waiting if there will be extra tables, he will get a whole table to himself if there are- if that is the case it will be 2 Rogues per shift)*
    Tara, you have the van still right? If so, we might need you guys to drive the VIPS to the dinner- will disclose actual needs at the "Officer's Meeting".
    Saturday has become a Star Wars Day, it's also the Main day of the 3 days. It looks like we will have a bigger RL presence on this day as well. Those with costumes are encouraged to come all decked out in there favorite costumes.

***Rogues working the table shifts have to be in:Costume/SVRF Polo's/SW attire***

I will be there Friday to catch Warp11(I might even be the DJ in between the bands), they are a great group if haven't seen or heard of them B4. They are a Star Trek band w/funny songs(which have a lot of SW reference).

I thinks that's it for now, lunch tyme is over now too:_|. Need to find out what's up w/ my PC at home.

Vos

7. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Will I eventually get a cool SVRF polo! [face_praying]

What hotel are the SW guys staying at? Planning on crashing at my brother inlaws in Natomas if they are in town, they might be gone that weekend to a wedding. But if I can't crash at my brother inlaws, I may need to get a room somewhere for Friday since I plan on staying down and seeing Warp 11 that night. Don't really want to drive back to Chico that late. Vos you DJ?! Sweet!

I also volunteer to shuttle any VIPs to dinner if needed, my car (3P0, because he's Gold) is reliable too! :)

~DZ

8. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I will be attending this con with great relish, and once I finish speaking with Robert Biskup (Programming Director) for the show, I will know when I will be working "The Anthropology of Star Trek" Panel with Professor Daryl Frazetti from the Lake Tahoe/Nevada area. Would a fellow officer PM me with any "information vital to the rebellion" regarding this convention? I might be able to help with transportation between American River College and the Scottish Rite along the 80 corridor, but no promises yet - may be taking Daryl's car. Like I said, Robert should be contacting me soon about the panel and then I'll know when I can commit to working the table. Would probably be willing to do a couple of shifts seen as I haven't done much in that department in -ahem- awhile ;)... no one seems to be going for Sundays, so quite possibly then.

Will keep everyone posted.

-TJ

9. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    You're almost there...

Sorry, I've been sworn to an oath of secrecy by the "Order's" High Council

Thanks! Hope to someday soon make another demo attempt. Gone through a few handels: DJ Soler(my last name), DJ Relos(last name backwards)& Kiffu's Guardian(planet where Vos is from)

10. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Can we buy the ticket there? :confused:

I don't know if I can go. It is on Saturday of the 26?

But if you buy the ticket there you will not able to meet some of the actors?

11. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    From my understanding, some of the guests are only attending one or two days... so, yes, if you choose to go only on Saturday (the 26th), you may not see someone who's only there on Friday. As for pre-registering being a requirement for meeting guests... um, no. That's never been the case with any of these shows at the Scottish Rite (ever).

Hope that helps.

EDIT: The show runs for three days (9/25-9/27 or Friday-Sunday) and you should be able to buy tickets on site.

-TJ

12. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Vos,
    I can borrow an SUV to help transport VIPS. I am a part owner of a really nice one. :) and I have transported VIPS before. :)

13. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007

That would be great Nasus! I will disclose all the needs at the Officers Meeting on Sat.

14. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you TaintedJedi. :)

[face_praying] hoping I can go. I want to go.

15. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I can do the table either Saturday or Sunday in the afternoon some time. Friday I better say that I can't since I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay since it starts later.

--JediDarkNight

16. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey All,

I finished the pic for Matthew Wood and I posted it up on my DevianART page here: General Grievous

Anyway I wanted to let everyone "preview" it before the con this weekend. Should I bring it in on Friday before my shift to pass off to someone, an Officer perhaps? Anyway, I hope you all like it and most important Matthew Wood likes it!

~DZ

17. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    It looks awesome DZ!!! I'm sure he'll love it. Thanx!!!

Vos

18. Leia1138

Leia1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2006
    That looks great! =D=

19. DarthZemog

Jan 11, 2002
    Hey thanks guys, it was really fun to draw and I hope Matthew likes it!

I also need to confirm my table time for tomorrow! I can't seem to find the paper I wrote my time for tomorrow on. Can someone either let me know here or PM me with it. Also, I'm going to be staying down the entire weekend, and so I can pull some hours at the table on Sunday if needed. Just let me know.

Thanks,
    ~DZ

20. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Good to hear you'll be at the show all weekend. Daryl will be coming on down early tomorrow morning so we can go over the slides for Sunday's panel and then we'll probably hit the show at some point to get our guest badges. We'll probably be in and out of the show (Daryl needs to find himself some WiFi and review student homework/do his own homework).... but we'll be there for sure come evening for the fabulous Warp 11 show. Not to mention the mere chance of listening to the "wicked beats" of a certain "DJ SOLER"... is that what you're going by these days, Vos? ;)

Oh, and did I mention everyone FINALLY gets to meet the GF on Saturday? She's not merely a myth I've been propagating since last year! Honest! ;P

-TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.