main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Lando #3 (of 5)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    1) Even so the Red Guard didn't fulfil its promise, they came across like stormtroopers, not really a big threat and pretty underwhelming. Heck even Lando didn't seem too worried. If they had been as deadly as I hoped, we'd have had a full issue of panic and crazy plans and actions just trying to subdue them. More fun that way.

2) Well, so far they've been generic "artefacts". Maybe they'll become more interesting, but until them I treat them like what they are in the plot. McGuffins.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    No, if they were stormtroopers they'd have shot each other by mistake.

But, okay, I'll give you that Lando didn't seem worried enough. He must have a really high opinion of the twins--which proved correct.

3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Darth_Pevra has made it clear that with the exception of Kreia, she's not a fan of EU Sith history. That might be a factor in her opinion here.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Was bothered at first that they were so easy to take down, but then I reasoned they were impaired and abandoned so it doesn't count. The Imperial Guard is still undefeated.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Well, there's some other parts I like, but most of it isn't my cup of tea.

6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Screw Revan and TOR Sith, I just want Exar Kun back. :p

darklordoftech likes this.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I love Sith lore as much as everyone else around, but I'd rather they waited a bit and made a concerted effort to create a Sith/Old Republic backstory (be it original, be it based on Legends) instead of adding bits of lore here and there that someone is eventually going to have to weave into a convoluted mess.

Vthuil and GrandAdmiralJello like this.
  8. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    It's just a logo. :p

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Thanks Mr. Snider.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

10. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I hope that the NEU never establishes how or when the Jedi and Sith formed. Leave that to the movies and tv shows, where it's less likely to get retconned.

11. CnlSandersdeKFC

CnlSandersdeKFC Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 22, 2015
    lol someone doesn't know how to properly world build. You don't just hand the main character's a history book, and then present it all. That's boring. You leave little sprinkles that are intentionally placed so as not to become a convoluted mess.

Matthaeus Sunrider likes this.
  12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    lol someone doesn't know how to read. That's exactly what I said. Google "concerted effort" up.

13. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The mask seems to resemble a portion of Darth Bane's TCW mask. I wonder if this is indicative of what ancient Sith masks looked like.

Saga Explorer and Vthuil like this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    There's a Sith-mask-theme in nu-canon, isn't there? There's Kylo's (possibly ancient) mask, Vader's molten mask in the trailer, this new mask-thing... I guess it makes sense to wear a new face when you try to become a new person. There may even be a tradition about it.

15. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe the master would create a mask for the apprentice when giving them a "Darth" name. Considering how strongly the name "Darth Vader" is linked to Vader's mask, a connection between masks and the "Darth" title wouldn't surprise me.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  16. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    The theme of masks go well together with the theme of characters having multiple appearances/identities throughout the franchise. With the Sith it's interesting that two have human masks (Palpatine and Dooku, as idealistic politicians), two have actual masks and a third has facial paint (all done for intimidation). Both kinds are done to hide the person underneath.

17. DelRiego

DelRiego Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    There's also Sheev's Force generated flesh-mask!

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Or did the mask... come off? [face_mischief]

DelRiego likes this.
  19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

[​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  20. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I like how this series started out with writers saying they wanted to prove that Lando is the coolest character in star wars yet if this thread is anything to by then....

Cool factor: Sith>Lando:p

21. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Not really. Lando was just informed that he's stolen the private ship of the most powerful being in the Galaxy, is attacked by Zombie Imperial Guards, and he's discovered a trove of artifacts belonging to a group explained to be like Evil Jedi,and he's all:
    [​IMG]

22. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yea, makes one wonder why he almost **** his pants dealing with Vader.

I'm gonna repeat myself: This issue was weaker than the preceding ones. Even Lando's characterization wasn't all that good.

23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I suppose stealing a sith's ship and getting away without meeting them is easier than standing face to face with one that has a reputation for killing people on a whim. It's enough to make anyone **** themselves

24. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Remember that female Imperial Guard he's familiar with?

If he's that familiar with the Empire then he knows any face to face meeting with Darth Vader is bad news for anyone who ends up being involved in said meeting...

I don't believe Lando has any intention of meeting the Emperor and bringing up this fiasco...:D

Now he has to find a way that when the Empire finally catches up that its someone else caught with the bag and doesn't survive3 long enough to reveal his involvement... now those are really long odds! [face_devil]

Taalcon and Karl0413 like this.
  25. CooperTFN

Jul 8, 1999
    Worth mentioning--there's nothing to indicate he was personally terrified of Vader in ESB. He even all but yells at him in the "altering the deal" scene. Vader simply had him drastically outplayed, and he knew it--but even then he turned the tables on him eventually.

The_Forgotten_Jedi and Taalcon like this.