main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Lando and Han - Original Trilogy Notes AU (with cdmcc as Lando)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LukeSkywalker_2001, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeSkywalker_2001

LukeSkywalker_2001 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 18, 2002
    The character of Lando will be played by cdmcc. The Author of each Note will be clearly labled.

cdmcc's link can be found here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=1179880
    (Please check out his stories too )

Timeframe: From ANH events through ROTJ events

At the start of the story, Han is on the Death Star with Luke, and they are about to rescue Leia and the others in the detention area.

The quick background story of the Lando and Han OT Notes-

It has been a while since Lando and Han last talked with one another, so Han decides to contact Lando and do some catching up...

Beru notifies Owen that Luke has run off...

And the story begins...

2. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - LukeSkywalker_2001

Note 1
    Lando,

How are you doing, pal? I heard that you just came into ownership of a mining colony? How?s that going?

I haven?t heard from you in a while. I just wanted to write you and find out how you were doing.

I?m on the Death Star?.lots of fun. This kid convinced me to go into the Detention area of the Death Star to rescue a princess and a few other people.

I hope that the reward I get for all of this is worth it.

Han Solo

3. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - cdmcc

Note 2
    Han

You old space dog! Anything that involves a pretty face or money, mainly money, and you?ll get dragged into it.

You?re right, I am now the proud owner of a Tibanna gas mine. Let?s just say I got a good hand or two in a friendly game of Sabaac. It doesn?t mean I?m totally respectable of course, although suddenly being a legitimate businessman is a lot more difficult than I imagined.

If you ever need to drop in, let me know.

Lando

PS You better be taking care of my ship. I know you cheated in that last hand.

4. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 3
    Lando,

Yeah, being on the Death Star was a lot of fun, Lando. I swear that no reward is worth what I went through.

What was I doing on the Death Star? Well that?s a long story. Well you know about my smuggling for Jabba, right? Well I was running a smuggling run for him?.and I had this really rare spice that was the cargo, right? Well I got boarded by Imperial troops?so I dumped the spice (it?s illegal you know?and the amount of it I had on board?.that was enough to sign my death warrant.) When I went to go find the spice?..I couldn?t find it! It wasn?t my fault!!!!!!

Well after that I owed Jabba the price of the spice?.so I went to the Cantina on Tatooine to think about how I was going to come up with the money when this old man named Kenobi talked to Chewie?.and Chewie and I talked to him and this boy named Luke. They were looking for a way to get off the planet, right? They were desperate. So what did I do? I agreed to take them for the exact amount that I owed Jabba??which was 15 thousand credits?..but the old man said that he would pay me 17 thousand?..so what do you think I would do? Of course I accepted it.

I hadn?t realized that these guys were so hot passengers. The Imperials really wanted them because of some stupid plans that their droids had. On our way to Alderaan, we got too close to the Death Star and were pulled in.

I could care less about this Princess?..but Luke talked me into rescuing her because of the reward I would get?.so I agreed to it. I don?t normally rescue princesses, Lando.

This one is beautiful and smart?.but she also is the most irritating female I have ever met. She actually had the nerve to call Chewie a ?Walking Carpet,? and she didn?t trust me with the rescue. She tried giving me orders, but I refused. I told her, ?Listen, I only take order from one person??me.? You know what she said to that? She said, ?It?s a wonder you?re still alive.?

My friends? I don?t really have any friends besides Chewie.

Your ship????? Hey remember you lost her to me fair and square. Remember that Sabacc game? Remember I won?we laid the rules down fairly before we started playing. You were boasting about the Millennium Falcon?.So I asked if you would play a game for ships?whichever one of us won would have to give the other person a ship. You told me that I could have any ship that you had under your possession, but you did not say anything about the Millennium Falcon, so I purposely didn?t ask until I won the game. When I said I wanted the Millennium Falcon, you couldn?t argue with me because you hadn?t said I COULDN?T have the Millennium Falcon. And I don?t cheat.

As soon as I get my reward, I?m leaving to pay off Jabba.

So I guess this gas mine of yours is paying off. Listening to you, you sound like one of those business men.

I just might take you up on that offer and visit you sometime.

Han

5. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - cdmcc

Note 4
    Han

Why am I not surprised? The day you get all ordinary on me is the day I give up and get on the right side of the law.

I told you Jabba was trouble. I did a few runs for him myself but the slug always finds something to complain about. And the jobs are the most dangerous.

This Princess sounds pretty good to me. If she can insult a wookiee, she?s fine with me. More descriptions please.

Listen, the game was rigged and don?t try to deny it or I will lose all respect for you. On top of that you pick the Falcon! You know what that ship means to me. A typical Solo ploy.

I should have known, I did fly with you one or two times and I recall your strategies and diplomace left a lot to be desired in the truth department.

Anyway, maybe we can discuss it whenever you show up. We might even have another game.

See ya buddy

Lando
    P. S. Make sure you bring the Princess with you.

6. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 5
    Lando,

Hey, you were the one bragging about the Millennium Falcon. I only wanted to put you in your proper place. I knew you would?ve not allowed me to put it up for stakes??and you clearly did not specify it, so I say it was totally fair.

It is my ship now. Do you think I would get scratches on her on purpose? Come on, I value her greatly.

The Princess and I won?t drive each other crazy. We will just stay out of each other?s ways and things should be fine.

The reason he said 17 thousand was because I had asked for 15 thousand all up front. The old man and the boy didn?t have 15 thousand on me, but the Old man knew that he would have to pay some ahead of time?.and make up for the fact that he couldn?t pay the full price. He said that they could pay 2 thousand up front and then 15 thousand once they reached Alderaan. Well I was up for it?17 thousand was more than I had expected, so I agreed.

Yeah, but Jabba always paid me good money to make his runs. All smuggling is a risk, Lando. You should know that. Smuggling is obviously illegal. You think that?s going to stop a guy like me? Of course not. Jabba can be touchy sometimes, but I?m his best. I just ran into some problems. I will pay him back, no problem.

Now wait a second. Don?t get any funny ideas. The Princess is here on Yavin, and she?s going to be destroyed by the Death Star. Don?t be getting too attached to her now. All right?all right?I?ll give you some more descriptions, but you have to let me know what details you are looking for. The princess is beautiful, has dark brown hair and brown eyes, and?.very difficult. There. Is that description good enough for you?

Now that game was NOT rigged?.but think what you want.

Yes, we are off the Death Star now and I?ve received my rewards for rescuing the princess and bringing back the plans. I?m currently packing so that I can get out of here and go back to Tatooine to pay Jabba back. The crazy Rebels are going on a suicide mission to try to destroy the Death Star. I might stick around close by just to see what happens. Obviously I?m not going to be close enough to Yavin to be in the explosion once the Death Star blows Yavin up, but I?ll be close enough to see all the action.

Chewie is trying to persuade me to join the Rebellion. He doesn?t agree with me for wanting to leave?but I tried to tell him that credits are credits?.and business is business.

IF I come and visit you on Bespin, and IF the princess somehow survives the Death Star assault, I will be sure to bring the Princess along?not that she will willingly want to come along or anything.

Han

7. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I loved the way Han told his story, very entertaining!!!!

It seems that Lando is still a bit upset about losing his ship to Han.

Great stuff. :)

8. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker,

Thank you :) Glad you enjoyed Han's story ;)

Lando seems to want to continue to argue the Millennium Falcon...this may not be so much that he still wishes he had the ship (though that is probably a part of it), but that it also stole some of his reputation, and he is embarassed by losing the Millennium Falcon in that way.

Thank you for reading!

9. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - cdmcc

Note 6
    Han

She sounds interesting.

Is Chewie going soft? Join the rebellion! What would you get out of that?!

I got all sorts of problems here. Half my suppliers have decided to hike up their prices without even consulting me. Suddenly being responsible for thousands of people and their livelihoods is just as bad as it sounds. Make that even worse. I?ve got a nice office though and it?s kinda interesting not being cooped up in a ship.

So it sounds as if the rebellion is over then. Shame really, cause now the Imperials will start going after the smugglers and various scoundrels like you. It won?t just be Jabba after you pal!

17,000 for a drop off! You struck it lucky there, notwithstanding the unscheduled stop which could have been tricky.

I hope the Empire don?t start sniffling around here. I got enough problems.

See ya

Lando

10. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 7
    Lando,

The Death Star battle is not what I had in mind. It?s more like suicide. I may be the action type, but I?m not crazy.

Like I said, the assault against the Death Star is not my idea of courage, it?s more like suicide. I?m not up for that. I have a reward, and what?s a reward if you?re not around to use it?

And what do you know? The reward included, I have over 17,000 credits. I?m not gonna tell you how much I have?but I struck it very lucky!

What would I get out of the Rebellion? Absolutely nothing, except maybe an early death?something I?m not going to go out of my way to find.

Heh, listen to you! You sound like a businessman, discussing price hikes and whatnot. You?re the last person I would have thought to be hearing those words from. Well that?s what you get for buying a mining colony. Hope you get all those problems straightened out.

Ah, don?t worry about the Empire snuffing around your mining colony. They don?t even know about it yet?if they did you can bet they would put the operation under their control. You better hope they never find out about it?

The Empire will always have their projects. Thanks for the advice, pal?I may need to be a little more careful, but it?ll still be a while before the Empire will be able to get on me. First they?d have to catch me.

Yes, the reward is what I expected. I?ll be leaving for Tatooine soon so that I can pay off Jabba the Hutt.

About the game, buddy, you should have thought about your deal before you offered it. You just said, ?Any ship you own.? So I was technically playing fair. You should have thought enough to specify it before you said that.

Right now the battle?s not looking good for the Rebels. I admit that I do care a little about one of the fighters?the one that rescued the princess with me. I?ll stay as long as he?s alive, and once he?s dead, I?m not even going to care. The Death Star is 1 minute away from blowing up Yavin anyway. I figure I can stick around for another minute.

I?ll let you know if by some miracle the Rebel?s blow up the Death Star first. It should be interesting to see which one gets blown up?the Death Star or Yavin.

Han

11. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    oh yay, I was waiting for a set of notes between Han and Lando! :D

You capture their characters so perfectly,and Han's story telling is so typical Han. lol.

can't wait for more! :D

12. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Another great update. The fact that Han is going to stick around to see who wins, shows that he is starting to second guess himself. And that is good. They need him.

13. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    JOINME,

Yep, here it is! :) Now you get an idea of what their friendship was like before TESB stuff.

Thanks. I can take the credit for Han, but not Lando. I'm sure cdmcc would also thank you for your words about Lando :)]

More is now on its way :)

Thanks for reading!

Thank you. You're right...Han didn't just get out of there like he could have. He wouldn't admit this to anyone now....but he hasn't really made his final decision...

Thanks for reading!

14. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002
    Author - cdmcc

Note 8
    Han old buddy

17,000? I?ve got this great little investment for you. Come and see me and we?ll discuss it, don?t go racing off to Jabba just yet, this will easily triple your money. Trust me.

I must say I wouldn?t mind too much if the rebels win. At least for now. It certainly doesn?t sound too pretty, but we?ve been in tighter situations and got out of it. Maybe if they had a smuggler working for them they would have a chance but they?ve always been too keen to go by the book. That?s morals for you.

I can?t say I?ve ever been to Yavin. Looks like I won?t get the chance now.

See ya

Lando

15. LukeSkywalker_2001

Mar 18, 2002

Note 9
    Lando,

I didn?t mean that I would stay on Yavin until it blew?.I meant that I would stay around that area in space until something happened.

In any event, it was the Death Star that got destroyed, and not Yavin. I couldn?t believe it?.but the kid actually blew the Death Star up. The Kid (I like to call him that because he?s only 19) is named Luke Skywalker. I can?t remember if I told you about him before. Well anyway, he was the last ship left and I knew he was in trouble. Three TIE fighters were after him?.so I took the liberty of shooting them down. I shot two of them directly?.but the third one?.the one that was different?I hit it?but not directly. I don?t know why?that ship should have gone down like the others, but it moved at the last SECOND, but not enough to get it directly. It bumped into one of the other two ships that was already going down, and then bounced off of it. It started spinning AWAY from the Death Star. I think it got clear of the explosion. Oh well.

Anyway, after I got rid of Luke?s enemies, I said, ?All right, kid, you?re all clear now. Blow this thing so that we can go home.?

And to my amazement?Luke shot at the exhaust port perfectly?and it went right in?.at the last possible second before Yavin would have been destroyed. It was already in range.

I don?t know how the kid did it, but after he was done, I said, ?Great shot kid; that was one in a million.?

I suppose now that I helped Luke I?ll have to stay at the Rebellion for the celebration. I heard there was an awards ceremony?and I?m bound to get an extra reward for helping Luke.

Hey, you don?t need to worry about the Millennium Falcon. She?s my ship, all right. I?ll take good care of her.

There was a weakness in the Death Star plans?..that exhaust port led right into the main reactor of the Death Star. A precise hit would start a chain reaction that would blow up the Death Star?it?s something that only the small one man fighters could do. Luke did it, and I?m proud of him.

About the possible investment you were talking about?we?ll see about it. Your mining colony is pretty far out. I?ll program the coordinates into the computer, and I promise I will come see you sometime.

They didn?t seem to mind me being around, and I?m even getting another reward for helping to destroy the Death Star, and a medal.

I?ll c-ya later, pal.

Han

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.