main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lando and Tendra's kid

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Katana_Geldar, Jul 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I was browsing the Wook and came up with this. I think it's great Lando and Tendra are finally going to be parents.

Any speculations at this early stage? I'm hoping Luceno's novel will be the first to feature the child.

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Considering Luceno's book is about the history of the Falcon, you could almost guarantee that Lando will be involved somehow, and therefore his child.

3. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    I know it was impossible due to timing but I wish we could have seen the kid born in LOTF. At least throw in a mention of Lando and pregnant Tendra into Invincible. This poor kid will be born under Daala's reign:(

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

Why bother now? They're grandparents-age.

5. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    Can't they just be retconned into already having had one?

6. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    I think Lando should be retconned into already having several. THERE CAN NEVER BE ENOUGH CALRISSIANS.

7. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Why? You could say Calrissian hid the cub from everyone for private reasons, but . . . why bother. It was more imperative to see x-wing fights than character development.

8. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    and who says Daala is still in charge in Luceno's book.

I suspect that one is probably gonna be changed right quick.

9. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I wouldn't like that at all since if he already had a child(ren) and knew about them, then he wouldn't be freaked out about becoming a father. Lando seems to be the type of guy that would be careful about not leaving bastards around the galaxy. If he didn't know about them, then I might be okay with it, but I don't want to be Lando as the absentee father. They fraked over his character enough over the years.

10. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    ^ I disagree. Lando is the type of person who if he had a kid from say a short term relationship/one night stand, he would support the kid but be more then willing not to get involved in the kid's life. Maybe out of selfish reasons (he is only human) or out of a sense that he is not a responsible father figure or that his life style makes family attachments not only dangerous for him but for them (creditors hunting his family down for payment for him etc).

But as you said his character is mostly glossed over in the EU, so adding an illegitimate child would be rather pointless, Han Solo would be perfect for that kind of thing, but Lando just doesn't get the "page time" for that type of story line to be really effective.

11. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    He may already have one..

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Danielle_Kieran

12. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Yeah, having -Lando- the one with the illegit kid would be a little eyebrow raising - Han less so.

But yeah, they really should have backdated a kid or two into the decade they weren't really doing anything with him, especially given both their ages.

13. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Lando's kid will be spoiled rotten and hopefully he or she will have a good life.

14. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Yeah. Lando's like 70, and he has greying hair...

15. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    But Tendra's a lot younger...And have you seen Billy Dee on the CW network comercials. Lando would still look like a sofisticated gentleman at his current age.:p

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Folks in the gffa live long and healthy lives as long as they can afford the healthcare, and since Lando is wealthy, and as long as he stays out of harms way, he's got at least another 30 good years left.

17. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    The synopsis for the book mentioned that aglaxy was stable and enjoying peace under the firm hand of Daala.

18. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    [face_worried]

19. patchworkz7

patchworkz7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2004
    Cripes, sorry for the horrific typos, but I was heading out the door for lunch when I wrote that.

Anyway, yeah, we know that Daala is in charge for at least two years.

You know, it could be that Daala just gasses everyone who doesn't enjoy peace. Or peas, for that matter, with Daala it's hard to tell.

I'm still bitter they didn't keep her mildly crazy pirate lady, but this may well just be laying groundwork for something.

20. beccatoria

Dec 8, 2006
    rumsmuggler - for the record, I meant retconning in some kids that he knew about and who are adults by now. As sabs notes, there were a few decades when they weren't really doing anything with him, and while I don't really see Lando as the irresponsible type, I don't necessarily think taking up a financial duty to his children and having regular contact with them, but not being their primary caregiver is necessarily irresponsible. I'd be totally fine if we found out he had a thirty (or, heck forty) year old son or daughter who he'd always made an attempt to provide for and occasionally took on really, really expensive fishing trips.

Of course there is the freakout re: parenthood to explain (which, really, the guy is seventy-odd. Worrying that he's not cut-out to be a father is one thing. That he's not ready yet? Sheesh!). But there's a big difference between being involved in a child's life and being their fulltime parent. So that's also explicable.

Honestly, I just want more Calrissians. :( And I'd have preferred to get them in a way that didn't freak me out. Tendra's not that much younger than Lando. She's certainly into her fifties. Though I feel sorta guilty at being so judgemental... I CAN'T HELP IT! IT'S WEIRD!

They should have just introduced Lando/ina Jnr at the start of LOTF.

I'm still bitter that she didn't actually corspenap Pelly and live happily ever after with him on Mandalore. Really. I'm 100% serious. IT WOULD HAVE MADE IT THE BEST BOOK EVER.

...at least that's the way it happens in my head. It's b-canon. *stubborn*

21. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I understand what you are saying, but I don't wanna see any retconned children of Lando regardless of the circumstances, hows and, whys. It's too late in the game for that, in my opinion. I'd have no problem with him having any retconned siblings, nieces, and nephews, but not children.

22. beccatoria

Dec 8, 2006
    Fair dos. I'm all for increasing the size of the Calrissian clan via siblings, nieces and nephews too!

23. younghansolo

younghansolo Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I may be the only one but I'm kinda rooting for the child to be a Jedi. Lando would literally tear his hair out Turk style (the character, not the country.) uite frankly whatever happens Lando needs to leave a legacy and i think it would be cool if the Falcon ended up in the hands of a Calrissian one day.

I also hope it's a boy so that Han can have another chance at passing on some of his skills. Maybe Han could teach the kid how to fly like he did for Lando.

Lando: "Son: in this galaxy you gotta be one hell of a pilot to last more than five minutes and you gotta have plenty of luck. So I'm gonna get you the best pilot in the galaxy to teach you. The guy who taught me and quite frankly, one of the luckiest guys in the galaxy (when it comes to flying at least.) Maybe if you hang out with him enough some of his luck will rub off on you, at least you'll get to fly in your old man's ship"

son: "Who Dad?"

Lando: "Han Fracking Solo"

24. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    That would be awesome..

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Robimus, ser, anyone can look young in makeup. You don't appear on tv without a touchup in the backroom studio.

Our Bert Newton in Aust is celebrating his 70th. Looks like a mid-50s. Dye hides the grey he must have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.