main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lando Calrissian

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Pendras, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pendras

Pendras Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2003
    Okay, I'm in need of some help here. I'm looking to make a Lando Calrissian costume (ESB type, you know, the blue one with the cape), and there seems to be -nothing- out there on how to do so. I have a bunch of pictures for the most part, and I have a friend who can sew pretty well, so I figure that I just need the materials to do so.

Now, I'm a complete newbie when it comes to this kind of thing. So I wouldn't know where to even begin to look for fabrics, whatever I'd need to make the collar of the cape stick out like that... so if there are -any- suggestions you have to point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

2. SithKittie

SithKittie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    the MOM book says that Lando's cape is "a Chinese brocade that features small dragons." that's for the lining which doesn't look attatched at teh bottom. You'd have to peruse a fabric store for the blue fabric and just look at texture and colour to determine what to get. The collar - which kinda looks vinyl-ish can stick out like that depending on material if ur using vinyl. if not use a heavier interfacing to make it firm - just don't iron it onto vinyl (plastic sorta doesn't like irons ;))

The shirt and pants could prolly be bought. the belt would most likely have to be hand made, sorry cant help you there. Check pattern books for a pattern similar to teh cape, I'm sure there's one. You could always combine a shirt collar pattern and cape pattern to make it look right. :) sorry i'm not any more help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.