main
side
curve

Lit Lando: Double or Nothing (2/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Feb 16, 2018.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 9, 2003
  2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Fleet Admiral of Literature star 6 Staff Member Manager

May 28, 2003
    Done!

--Adm. Nick

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There goes the neighborhood.

Darth_Accipiter likes this.
  4. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2017
    Pretty entertaining... a bit sad reading this knowing that this era and iteration of Lando probably aren't going to get much more love, after the general reaction to the SOLO film. This should be fun while it lasts, though.

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I wonder if Lord and Miller had Lando dictating the Lando Chronicles in their version of the Solo script. It definitely feels like something he would be doing in the movie and I wonder if Ron and company removed it because it felt too silly. I think it fits with his character and I'm digging the comic so far.

6. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmm? There is such a scene in the film -- as the rioting slaves surface from the mines of Kessel, Lando is alone aboard the Falcon and dictating to a holojournal an adventure he and L3 had in the sacred temple of the Sharu. He states at the beginning of the recording that it's a chapter of the Calrissian Chronicles.

7. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks, I must have forgot as I only saw the movie once.

Senpezeco likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 12, 2012
    This was a fun read cuz the art is great and I loved Lando monolouging his adventure the whole time, very old school. I will slightly quibble that L-3 is going to lead a droid revolt here seemingly because in Solo it seems that was the first time she did it "I found my purpose, Lando!" and it devalues that moment slightly if she had toes done it before. But, like I said, quibble.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  9. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 26, 2017
    Same minor quibble, and isn't there similar L3 content in LAST SHOT as well? I like L3 in this book, but if every pre-SOLO characterization of her has her going through similar beats to the ones which seem "new" in the film it'll be a little odd.

I like this book enough that I'd be fine with it being an ongoing series. I don't know if SOLO's box office makes that less likely, or perhaps more... if the SOLO corner of the universe is dead in the film world, maybe comics are an ideal place to follow those threads.

kalzeth and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  10. vong333

vong333 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm still hoping for a Solo adaption from marvel. This is not a bad little series. I say give to marvel, they turn everything into gold ....at least for now.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Details, please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2014
    "He had a splendid voice. Could sing like the sweetest of Celestials."
    —Lando describing another card player. So, used in a "voice of an angel" turn of phrase.

13. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Immortal Mod-King of the EUC, RPF and SWC star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Curious.

Especially as they specifically said they would avoid Star Wars-isms of things and sayings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018 at 12:40 PM