main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lando possibly in Episode 7 (or 8) after all?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    I don't think we will see him in Episode VII because he would be completely overshadowed. Maybe a cameo but I doubt it. However he could appear in 8 or 9 and maybe he has a kid and they join the fight against the First Order. Also it would allow the kids who aren't familair with the OT to know his character as he has appeared and will most likely appear more in Rebels.

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    he wasn't a lead in any sw films.

3. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    But he's #1 in our hearts. Amiright???

T-R-, Lando Swarm and Tommytom like this.
  4. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Many people have suggested that the older Lando has taken up a political role in the New Republic, assuming it still exists by the time the events of TFA begin. Based on the prequels, I highly doubt we'll see scenes of the Senate arguing over taxes and trading, though I'm sure we'll see a little bit on the power structure of the galaxy. I think it'd be really neat if Lando was the chancellor of the New Republic by the time period of the eighth film.

5. Tatooine Twilight Twins

Tatooine Twilight Twins Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I totally buy and approve this rumor.

6. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  7. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Where should Lando be now?

I think when Han and Leia split and Han went back to smuggling Lando probably tried to persuade him otherwise. But ultimately the guy is a good hearted scoundrel like Han and no matter how respectable he tries to become it always falls apart and he returns to his former profession. So may be he could be on a job taking spice to the far side of the galaxy when TFA starts, so when we start EpVIII he's returned and along with Leia and Chewie is distraught at Han's death. And the death of one of his oldest and best friends should be enough motivation to bring him into events enough that he's not central to the story but on the periphery of events, and important enough to warrant bringing the character back.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    In the 30 years since ROTJ Lando should have achieved the status of being a system.

9. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008

I'm pretty sure he'll be a politician. Maybe even chancellor.

Either that or a talk show host.

Lando Swarm and TK327 like this.
  10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I hope Lando appears in VIII. Could mean we revisit Bespin, which would be cool :)

11. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    Shame we've lost the guy who played Lobot.

Interesting to see what the new canon holds for him post ESB. As they've made him such a big part of the Lando comic series I can only assume that we'll find out at some point.

Jcuk likes this.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Willrow Hood is now the dictator of Bespin.

T-R- likes this.
  13. Mick RcCallum

Mick RcCallum Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 14, 2015
    Ice Cream Sundays are the highlight of the week.

danmcken likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Really? If he ever was elected Chancellor I could see it ending badly, some scandal or another and he would be thrown out of office. And it opens another question, is he elected? He only got Cloud City through a card game.

May be its like the classic Battlestar Galactica episode where Starbuck is tricked into becoming town sheriff.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  15. Dirty_Biggs

Dirty_Biggs Jedi Knight

Nov 6, 2014
    I attended Billy Dee's Q&A session last weekend here in Manchester, NH at GraniteCon. He was being pushed around in a wheelchair and was very slow to make his way to the dais. I'm feeling pretty sure he wants to be in VIII and/or XI (his manager kept asking us to Tweet #landoinvii) but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be running around in the mix of the action.

He came across as very appreciative for the fans, answered any questions. I'll be honest and say that he's not the most... dynamic... speaker. Seems like a very nice person and it was a big thrill to get to meet one of the original heroes.

16. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    Maybe he's become some powerful politician, Senator, or Vice Chancellor, or even Chancellor in the NR by the time of TFA. Imo, they're saving him for 8 & 9. He could end up replacing Ford in a sense. I could even see him wanting to get payback for the death of his friend.

Django Fett likes this.
  17. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    It'd be cool to see him and Chewie team up in Ep 8 and take out the FO trash lol!

18. TheLateAdmiralPiett

TheLateAdmiralPiett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 1, 2004
    He wasn't that bad. He's just soft spoken. That's how he was when I met him in April. Just a really chilled fellow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.