main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lando possibly in Episode 7 (or 8) after all?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    Oh dear. Someone doesn't have a sense of humour.

And for the record, it wasn't me that quoted the character of Boyega as being related to Lando. You sir, jumped to that conclusion. All I did was suggest a possible scenario as a "maybe".

Move along, move along

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Chuckskyline

Chuckskyline Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2013
    I don't think Leonard Nimoy was announced for Into the Darkness..

Sooo.. Lando could have a cameo or a very small role.. The cast that was announced was the major roles.

3. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That is far too much of a "coincidence" in my mind.

T-R- and TigerCraneFist like this.
  5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Agreed.

I think Billy Dee will factor into Episode VII in some way - he just won't have that big of a role IMO.

T-R- likes this.
  6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    That's great, thanks for sharing, CGI-BOBAFENT. Fingers crossed that it's not a coincidence.

T-R- likes this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Just because Billy Dee hasn't been announced as a cast member yet doesn't mean Lando won't be in Episode VII.

The cast announced thus far is the principle cast. If Lando only has one or two scene's, Billy Dee will only be filming for a day or so, which means they wouldn't announce his involvement at this stage.

Same goes for any other actor from OT or even PT not yet announced. And of course, it's also possible that some people may never be announced because they would want to keep it as a "surprise" for the movie. Thinking specifically of Hayden Christenson, Ian McDiarmid, Frank Oz, Liam Neeson or Ewan Mcgregor...

But getting back to Lando I'll be surprised if he isn't in there somewhere. I kinda like the idea of Lando as Supreme Chancellor - From sleazy administrator of Bespin to Supreme Chancellor, LOL! [face_laugh]

8. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    I'm not that into bringing EVERY old geezer available to reprise their role. Even though I love the Lando character, I could do without him.

9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    As a fan I want to see ole' Lando back but Star Wars should be above gimmicky cameos. If they can figure out a substantive role for Lando then I'm all for it. Like I said, I would absolutely enjoy seeing him on the big screen again.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    For me, a small cameo would work just fine. The important thing is that it's not forced. If Lando just casually strolls into a scene, tells someone it's not his fault and then winks at the camera - that would be bad. But I trust the writers to do better than that, even for a cameo :p

11. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    JJ loves forced cameos. Leonard Nimoy in Into Darkness was completely unnecessary and felt like badly delivered fan service. I hope he has learned from that.

Sarge likes this.
  12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    JJ didn't write Into Darkness.

EDIT: And neither did Kasdan.

EDIT 2: And why does one forced cameo mean JJ loves forced cameos, for that matter?

jedinightwing and dolphin like this.
  13. artooo

artooo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Lando would be a natural for a high ranking official or president of the republic...in fact I would find it quite outrageous if he's not in the ST.

RobShanti and T-R- like this.
  14. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    I love Lando, but I can't see him having more than a cameo or two.

I'm actually more interested to hear if Wedge will be making an appearance or two in the ST. It'd be neat to see him as an Admiral or General, retired or not.

15. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Denis Lawson has already said he has no interest in returning.

KevinM1 likes this.
  16. KevinM1

KevinM1 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 15, 2012
    Aww.... :(

17. Puke-Jaywalker

Puke-Jaywalker Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 18, 2004
    Lando should be hocking intergalactic space hooch on a billboard.

But in all seriousness, if he isn't announced as part of the cast and shows up at the end of the film to save the day, it would be a real crowd pleaser. The theater would go nuts.

RobShanti, ifleninwasawizard and T-R- like this.
  18. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Which is a shame, because then we would have been warned that there'd be a scene that would just stop the plot cold in the middle of a climactic build-up...

19. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Pretty sure Billy Dee isn't on George's good side, after what happened with his snub with attack of he clones.

20. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    what snub?

plaidphoenix likes this.
  21. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I haven't read this thread all the way through, but I just wanted to come in to say can we squash the whole "Eppy 7" thing. Like, right now? Thanks in advance!

T-R- likes this.
  22. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    When he was written out of the movie, he was going to be the clone dna donor with the identical unchanged son. But George changed it to Jango and Boba after all the disagreements and bad blood. It was in the script up until 3 months before production.

23. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    No offense, but source? I don't remember seeing that before.

24. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah, that's news to me and I followed the prequel lead-ups pretty closely here in the forums. I've never seen that mentioned.

25. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    I know during the OT there were story lines that involved Lando being a clone and in a future episode they encounter a planet with a clan of Lando clones, that was in the Annotated Screenplays, but I don't ever remember anything connecting Lando to the PT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.