main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lando possibly in Episode 7 (or 8) after all?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Laando Calrissian

2. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Lando System?

Dranem likes this.
  3. Scot Pagel

Scot Pagel Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2014
    J.J wake up and say when or why he is not mentioned for casting. He is a major character:
    He used the Falcon when Han was away and was famous for his maneuover at the Battle of Taanab and helped destroy the second Death Star (Pretty Big Deal!) and rescued Han from Jabba and he was a General in the Rebel Alliance and he probably saved thousands of lives by suggesting or commanding all ships at the Battle of Endor to move in closer to destroy the star destroyers so the death star couldn't get them. I swear if they bring back Watto (which would be cool) or some other character not as important and they don't mention or have Lando in the movie then that is just BS.

4. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    They are saving the best for last.

RobShanti likes this.
  5. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I speculate that Episode 7 starts with Lando's funeral, and that Denis Lawson's one/few scenes in the movie would have been attending it.
    The funeral would be the reason why the old gang is meeting up again, and also how the the next generation of SkywalkerOrgana-Solo (whoever they are) meet with Lando's son.

6. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Episode VIII: Revenge of Lando

Duh!

7. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    So TMZ (I know, I know) ambushed Billy Dee outside a grocery store about 5 days ago and were a bunch of pushy jerks asking him very pointed questions (looks like the guy was trying to get him angry but of course Billy Dee just played it cool.)

Anyways the part that stuck out to me was when Billy Dee says "I have no idea what they're doing as far as Lando's concerned, but I imagine at some point that Lando will show up somewhere" He then goes on to praise Disney, Abrams, and the producer of the film. He honestly does not seem bitter....which leads me to believe.....

That he's involved somehow. Perhaps just a cameo, a surprise appearance at the end, and that Disney is trying really hard to keep this ace up their sleeve. It's very possible that they just didn't have a way to work him into the meat of this particular story but that they've already made plans to have him in the next one and use his appearance as a cliffhanger at the end (or after credits scene). It certainly doesn't seem like any bridges have been burned. Billy Dee is at Star Wars weekends this weekend with Hamill.

RobShanti likes this.
  8. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I think they will introduce him in VIII to parallel his introduction in ESB. You know how they love their parallels.

jbyrd1245, RobShanti and Django Fett like this.
  9. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    "I'm Lando Calrissian, the administrator of this facility. And who might you be?"

"Um, I'm Leia you idiot. Remember we met like 36 years ago? And then again in the next movie?"

"Oh yeah. Sorry, you know how Alzheimers is."

Palpatine77 likes this.
  10. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Since Wedge said No to coming back I don't see why not call up Billy Dee.

11. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Billy Dee is my man! Better get some Lando in these films! Heck, a Lando spin/off would be cool...

RobShanti likes this.
  12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Lando thread merge

13. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    That TMZ thing was actually from a few months ago, but yeah, like he said, I'm sure he'll be back somewhere, somehow, if not in Ep VII then there are 5 other new films that will be coming out...

14. Emphram

Emphram Jedi Padawan

Jan 15, 2014
    I bet you he was contacted but refused to under go surgery, diet, exercise to participate in the film. That or he won't be ready until Ep VIII

15. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

I saw him just a few months ago, he looked fine.Was working Wizard World in Nashville and got some backstage time with him, ray park, norman reedus and others. He looked good. Old, yes, but still smooth. Will be seeing him next Friday and Saturday in Metropolis Illinois for the Superman festival. They're doing a Batman theme this year for the Batman anniversary and the upcoming Batman/Superman movie, so the original Harvey Dent will be in the house. I'll get some pics and report back on his condition, and if I can get him to mention Star Wars.

markdeez likes this.
  16. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Edit sorry, I didn't mean to quote you.

17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    If Lando makes it into the ST; I hope they keep him away from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon. I like Lando, but I never considered him part of the Main Group. Besides; he already had his moment in the sun by blowing up the Death Star II in Han's ship. We never get to see Han Solo in the Millenium Falcon at all. I always liked Lando best as the Administrator of Cloud City.

18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Welcome to Planet Lando, the suavest planet in the galaxy.

19. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010

Awwww man, could you imagine a whole planet-full of suave Landos all flirting with and making their move on Leia? A hundred Landos, all in unison: "Hello, what have we here?"

El_Machete12, T-R- and RobShanti like this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    BDW has been playing Lando Calrissian his whole acting career :D and as long he's not just appearing as a photograph pinned to the Falcon's dashboard or a statue outside the Senate i'll be happy.

T-R- likes this.
  21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    they're not gonna announce EVERYONE off the back. If anything Lando will show up in the movie unannounced and every fanboy in the audience will have an orgasm

Palpatine77 likes this.
  22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    A golden Lando bust on the Falcon dashboard would be phenomenal. It would have to be this pose:

[​IMG]

Juke Skywalker and jedinightwing like this.
  23. RobShanti

RobShanti Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2009
    He'll be back. These days, 80 is the new 60.

24. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Was thinking about this the other day. It could be that Lucasfilms just doesn't think the actor is healthy enough to play the part any more. I mean if you watched Dancing with the Stars. He looked like he could barely move.

25. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010

Yeah, I saw that too, but it's easy to forget the guy is 80. He can still walk and move around, but sadly his dancing days are behind him. I still think he could show up for one brief scene in Ep. 7 and just kill it though.

T-R- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.