lanyard????

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by k3po, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po Jedi Knight

star 6
    Do you not get a lanyard if you arnt a member. That better not be the caee, if so, what a bunch of cheap skates. I'm getting 2 3 day pass's
  2. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    The Whole point of the Lanyard is for identification of membership, so you can get into certain areas before everyone else.
  3. k3po Jedi Knight

star 6
    Well thats pretty lame in my book. They increase the tix price almost 2x, then to get a cheap gray lanyard that says CII you have to spend more money. I guess I'll be using my Cele I lanyard.
  4. royalguard96 Jedi Knight

star 5
    Well I am a fan club member and did not get a lanyard. Should I just call the fan club and ask them to send it to me?
  5. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol, dude, you won't get in early just by using your CI lanyard, trust me.

My dad and I got 2 lanyards so we get to get into everything (including the gift shop) an hour earlier than everyone! :)

royal, um, work it out with them, it REALLY depends on whether they've "updated" your status on the website since the change to WOTC. I had to do this with them, but it eventually worked out. It might require several phone calls though.
  6. C-3P0 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What is a "lanyard"?
  7. MysterySith MEPA Founder/Advisor FF NYC, NY

star 5
    I heard they are out of lanyards now. That you will have to get one at SWC2. Something like that.
  8. whojedi Jedi Youngling

star 3
    It is what you attach to your pass so that you can hang it around your neck.
  9. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Um, I got a gray one in the mail, I assume that the "white lanyard" they refer to on the TFN article is the light gray one. :)
  10. LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, my lanyard is light grey. And k3po, its purely to identify the Fan Club members from the Non-Fan Club members. I payed the same price for my ticket that you did. The only difference is, I'm in the fan club so I get a free lanyard. :p
  11. C-3P0 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So its like a roach clip on a string?
  12. JarJarJedi Jedi Master

star 6
    Sithspawn... That means I'll have to leave my mom behind... I knew that I should have waited to get her pass!

Oh well, I'll just meet up with her later... :D
  13. Vergere Jedi Knight

star 5
    I don't quite understand the one hour early "advantage" that the fan club members get. Frankly, there's going to be so many fan club members that if you do want in the gift shop early it'll still be packed ;) :p
  14. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Yah, but it's better than the WHOLE convention getting in early, you must admit. :)
  15. POTATO Jedi Youngling

I actually understand what k3po is saying. All we want is something to place our pass's on. We both went to Celebration I and got to meet and dont care about getting into anything 1 hour early, its going to be crazy anywho and will not make any diffrence, just want something to hang our pass on. Thats why it looks like we will be wearing the yellow lanyard from the last one. Oh well, I guess this is a hidden lesson to everyone. If they are going to be to cheap to give you a lanyard with your pass like last time, be prepared to pay $5 for a bottle of water when thirsty. Take a fanny pack and pack snacks.
  16. Shequan Jedi Youngling

star 4
    a roach clip on a string

Ha ha ... not exactly like a roach clip, but yeah. :D
  17. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, if you read the article that was on the TF.N front page this morning, you would know that either you can buy one of the C2 ones at C2 for $3 (which is a heck of a lot cheaper than ones you buy in stores) or get a dog tag chain for free when you get there.
  18. k kanos Jedi Padawan

star 4
    From the Fan Club store regarding lanyards:

"The Star Wars Celebration II lanyard will be shipped to you with your admission badge. If you're buying a Will Call admission badge, the lanyard will be shipped prior to the show, and you can pick up your badge at the show."

That doesn't even make sense. Why ship the Lanyard if you got a will call badge? I have to bring my printout and my license anyway to get my badge. I actually wish I would have gotten the shipped badge, but I ordered my tickets the first day and they weren't even offering to ship them then. I called the fan club and in order to get my badges shipped to me now. Get this, I have to first cancel my order than reorder tickets. There isn't even a cancel order menu on there. I have to E-mail or call them and then wait for them to cancel it so I can reorder. :p Well, that's not gonna happen. Oh well, just another line we get to stand in. To quote Threepio "How typical!" ;)
  19. Doright Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ok. what about people who Buy passes but then Join the Fan club later? Can you still get a Lanyard if you already have your tickets?
  20. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Or what about ppl who joined the fan club when they bought their ticket? I did. I'm now a fan club member, but no lanyard was included in my shipment... :(

EDIT: I just checked my email and thought I'd pass along this message from "Luke Johnson" of Wizards:

We had run out of stock on the lanyards, but there's nothing to worry about. You will be able to pick yours up at the event. Just have a form of ID with you!

Thank you!

Luke Johnson
    Star Wars Fan Club

~*~Bria
  21. Shara Jedi Padawan

star 4
    When I had to talk to Luke about something entirely different than the lanyards, I asked and had to say "I'm sure you get that a lot." And yeah he does (the name I mean)
  22. Lelila Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It's stupid really. I didn't even know about them when I bought my pass. I'm not a fanclub member but apparently you can buy the lanyards online when you buy the pass. they are $3 american. i don't know if they are exactly the same ones as the fanclub one. i'm hoping and assuming that we will be able to buy them there. all i want is a place to hang my pass!
  23. Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master

star 4
    The $3 lanyards aren't the Fan Club lanyards. Those are black and won't get you any extra perks. The Fan Club lanyards are free to Fan Club members and get you extra benefits. The Fan Club lanyards are silver (or gray). If you don't have a Fan Club laynard and don't want to buy one, you can get a plain chain for free at the convention.

Phil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.