main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Larena's Cafe

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by _Vengeance_, Jul 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    *Vengie approaches the old establishment in what is now part of the deeper urban area of the OFF Town. He looks at the windows, dusty and currently covered by the interior blinds, and sighs quietly.*

It has been sometime since those days.

*He reaches into his pocket, and surprisingly the key cards to the Cafe are still in his wallet. With a little more hope than before, he puts the door's card into the locking terminal. It blinks for a few moments, and the sound of the locks disengaging graces his ears once again. He tries the door, and it has indeed unlocked. Smiling, he flips the switch on the neon "Open" sign to the "On" position. Only half of it lights up, but he figures in a few hours the neon gasses will spread around so it's all lit. He then begins taking chairs off the tables, turning on the lights, getting some light music playing, and giving EVERYTHING a good dusting. Once through with that, he checks the cooling chambers to find that they were never turned off, and that there is still a good supply of foodstuffs and drinks.*

Well folks, looks like we're open again! The first drink is free, and if you keep coming back, you'll probably get a few more freebies in the future!

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    :eek: [:D]
    I always knew I liked you better. ;)

*Larena looked at the dusty tables that once filled life and occupied fanforce members for hours, then again to the bar stools that once had old friends around them.

"I dont know what to say...other than.......your going to have to fight off Muchie for that bar tending job!" There was a smile on Larena's face for the first time in days, even if it was dead, it was still her old cafe. She could spend many lonely days just pondering the days of the old fanforce. Her mind goes back to one fan member...the one that had the kindness in him to open the cafe in the first place. Impirial_Jedi will always be remembered, and now a graditude that could not be put in to words would be held forever for _Vengeance_ for caring enough to open it again.

*With that, she turns away from the worn battle field viewable from the cafe window, and begins to clean the place up. New thoughts surrounding and preoccupying her, of contentness of life.

3. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    *Looks up from cleaning the counters with his old rag.*

Hey there, Larena! Yeesh, must've been quite a walk from that desert of despair... want me to whip you something up?

4. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *Larena suddenly snaps out of her day dream and looks upon her friend

"Hey there Veng! Ya know, I'm quite in the mood for some Jawa Juice if you don't mind."

5. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    *Venge chuckles to himself and goes back to the cooling chamber to get the ingredients. He returns with an armful of liquid sacks, and pours them all into the various dispensers underneath the counter for easy access. Once finished, he takes a few cups from the cabinets and cleans them off in the sink, and then proceeds to whip up the first Jawa Juice he's made in months. When Larena isn't looking, he takes a quick sip to make sure it's on par with how they used to be, and discovers he hasn't quite lost the touch yet.*

One Jawa Juice ready to go!

*He sends it sliding down the counter to a spot near one of the windows.*

6. medfordforcemaster

medfordforcemaster Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    *stepping in to the dust-settled room, he takes a long, drawn-out breath of the odors surrounding him, taking it all in strides. looking around, studying every corner of the cafe, he than walks over to the bar, takes a seat a few down from larena, places his lightsaber on the tabletop and than signaled the bartender

"corellian whiskey please, and some bantha jerky, mmmm, boy do i love that stuff. "

*looks to larena, who seems to have replaced that eternal looking sorrow with a long lost happiness. He nods towards her, acknowleding her

"Well larena, it seems we fought the good fight, light and dark together, against an enemy that seemed so prudent in destroying our little community here. Whether we have won or loss, i promise my allegiance now, i shall not go without a fight. now let us sit, drink, and play some hands of sabacc, for its been a while. Let us be jolly, and have fun, and hope that more patrons shall walk through those doors and join us for a drink, also."

*Looking down at the mug that the bartender placed before him, along with a bowl of the best bantha jerky this side of the galaxy, he handed a large sum of credits to the bartender, a most gracious tip from the bottom of his heart

"And for you, my dear friend, thank you for your courage in opening this place up. Let us hope we are not your only customers. Until than....."

*raises the mug high above his head

"may the force be with us!!"

7. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    Wait!?!?!? Free drinks!!!
    I'm there!
    Sithspawn, too late.

8. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *Larena's expression rapidly changed and as the challenge to a card game arose, there was a spark in her eye and a devlish smile about her lips. She had learned from the best, and remembering past long nights challenging Han and other sorts of creatures of the night until she could hardly stay awake and focus on the dirty scum filled room without collapsing from the heat and inability to breath the cluttered air. She was a sharp one, but had the years changed that and stiffened her ways? The look in her face showed that she wasn't afraid to find out.

"Thanx for the juice Veng, you haven't lost your touch."

*She made her way over to the table and sunk into the seat, putting her hands on her head she awaited any brave soul who dared to try luck at her game.

9. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    Crash steps through the door. Light from the exterior twilight outlines his figure in a dusty silhouette. Sweat slowly drips down his forehead.

Without moving his hand from his sidearm, Crash scans the scene in a not so casual manner. Seeing nothing significantly out of order, he walks purposely to the stool at the end of the counter. Sits. And without looking up says, "the usual".

10. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    *the dark man casually looks over his shoulder and scanned the young lady sitting by herself. Though her body language was calm and kept, through the force, the man saw vibrance. Determination. But not just that, but cockiness, thinking that her long nights with a smuggler could give her an edge on the game.......*

"This will be fun", the man chuckles to himself. Grabbing his mug of ale, and that oh so delicious bantha jerky, cooked exclusively on Tatooine, he stands, calling his lightsaber to his belt through the force, turns and calmly walks to the table. When he gets there, he once again eyeballs the young lady, the table, than the empty chair across the table from her, and than again turned back to the girl. He smiled that devilish smile, though with a touch of charisma behind it. After all, he may take all her credits, but he will always be a gentleman about it......

11. sentinelsquad

sentinelsquad Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2005
    Raith makes his way over to the Tonnika sisters in a drunken stupor.
    Only bad can come of this.

12. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    As Crash sips his drink he listens to the conversations echoing through the café, while never lifting his gaze off the counter in front of him. He didn't want to be bothered with direct conversation. He never really understood the point. Talking with a good way to get yourself into trouble, while listening was a good way to stay out of trouble.

13. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    "So, you here to play my game?" Larena looked upon the figure of foolish pride infront of her. Glancing around the bar at every single human and creature she delt with smooth fast hands, not an eye towards the cards themself. Then back to her opponent, meeting eyes she withheld her comment for only a second..."So we playin it suicide?" the name of the game held attention to many who were your usual space pilots and gamblers, the WAY of the game demanded attention from only the bravest...

14. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    *the dark man bows gracefully to the young lady, than takes a seat

"Ah, but of course, my dear. If you are willing to risk the credit, I am all too willing to play it YOUR way. I just hope you aren't a sore loser, I don't know if pubs are the place for young girls that cry."

He could see the determination in her eyes, a glow of life. This will be fun indeed.....

15. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    "Wow, thank you, sir!" Venge says to the man with the Corellian whiskey. It wasn't all too often that folks tipped that well. He decides that he'll go halvsies on it with Muchie, or maybe give some to Larena since she's been through hard times lately.

He then eyes the rather suspicious situation over at the card table as he cleans of some of the mixing utensils used to make the last drinks. As quietly and inconspicuously as he can. he checks a secret compartment under the counter to see if his old M434 blaster pistol is still there, and finds that is in fact there, with a full energy pack, too. He glances back at the gamblers, and decides to leave the compartment door open just in case things become a bit unpleasant. He pops back up and returns to cleaning the counters.

"Hey Sent, you want a drink or something? The first drink for each person is free, not the first drink of the Cafe!" He chuckles at Sent's such wonderful reaction to the notion earlier. Ah, the Cafe was back.

16. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *Her hand was good, not the best but also nothing she couldn't work with.

"Hey Veng, all tips go to you. After all, you DID save the place."

*with that she was back into the game, leaning back into the seat she put her feet up on the emty part of the booth seat.

17. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    *Looking up from his cards for a second, he notices the nervous glance of the bartender this way. He just had to wonder where the man kept his weapon, and what was it. Though he wasn't planning on making any commotions, he didn't want to end up in a situation where he was staring down a barrel of a heavy blaster rifle, or worse, though it would be nothing his lightsaber could take care of, he really didn't want to have to use it either. Hoping his opponent wasn't in the mood for a skirmish either, he smiled and raised his mug a little higher.

"Bartender, could I get a refill over here? Thanks", he said, as the bartender acknowledged him with a nod. He than turned back to the game, threw a grin at the girl, than looked down at his cards. Well, it seemed the force may not be with him on this hand, though he will just have to see how it plays out. "Your move, young lady."

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Larena decided not to be enraged but to find humor in the fact that he needed to demonstrate his supiriority through addressing her as a young nieve rank. It's not like she couldn't suck it up for one more person, as the rest of the galaxy sees her as such. But one day Larena would realize her true calling, one she was completely oblivious of. But now was right now, and she focused on her game and the sharp hot pains in her arm.

19. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    *Atticus slowly walks in, looks up and notices everyone. He slowly makes his way over to the counter.

"Hey Veng, How's it going? Do you have anything that will take away some of the chest pain I'm having?"

*Atticus made his way over to Larena, waiting for a break in the game before he said anything to her.

20. _Vengeance_

Jul 1, 2002
    *Venge smiles at Atticus' request. It was good to see him in the cafe again.*

"Sure! I'll get you some Blue Milk!" He shouts over the counter as he reaches for a glass. He fills it up, and throws a pinch of giggledust into the drink to relieve some of Atticus' pain. He secretly hopes the Empire doesn't decide to run a sweep of illegal substances anytime soon, as the old spice jars were still quite full. He considers a few means of disposing of them, but decides he'll deal with that later.

He walks out from behind the counter to hand the drink to Atticus. "Here ya go." He says, and smiles, returning to his post.

21. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    "Thanks Veng, you're a lifesaver."

*Atticus takes a sip of the blue milk.

"Ahh...That sure hit the spot, you still have that magic touch my friend. Thank God that they let me out of the Medstation. Their idea of Blue milk tasted like the backside of a dirty bantha."

22. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *Larena glanced up to see her old friend standing there with a glass of blue milk in his hand, then looked back at the game. When it finally sunk in to Larena's head she pulled a double glance, got up, and gave him a great big friendly hug.

"Atticus! Where'd you come from?! Great to see your still alive and kickin after that chest surgery! How ya feeling? OK?"

She then turned towards Meadford and then back at Atticus, "Excuse me, I have to beat him real quick." And with that she was back intensively consentrated in the game. (so, any ideas on how we're going to be able to determine who wins??? lol)

23. medfordforcemaster

May 3, 2005
    *He looks up to see a young man walk over to watch their game, a cup of blue milk in his hands. The young lady obviously recognized him, as she quickly got up, hugged him, and welcomed him back. He swear he heard something about a chest surgery. When the girl sat back down, he looked up and flashed a grin at the young man

"Chest surgery, you say? Thats terrible. Glad you came out of it ok, always can use another body in here. Your friend, here, though, has not made a turn yet, she keeps staring at her cards, so maybe if you can go over there and help her, we can finish this game, I have smugglers to track down later, I don't have all day." The man than went silent and stared back down at his cards. (balls in your court, larena, I dont really know what to do on cyber sabacc, lol)

24. Atticus

May 31, 2002
    *Atticus thanks Larena for the hug, then his attention goes over to the older man.

"Well thanks, and I would love to stay and help with the game but I don't think Larena needs my help with it, she is very clever. It has also been ages since I have played it and I would just empty her of all of her credits. Jabba's dead Rancor could beat me at this game, I never really understood it.

*Atticus makes his way over to the counter to talk to Veng. He downs his blue milk within seconds and looks at Veng with a satisfied lookin his eye.

"Well, like I said earlier, you haven't lost your magic touch. However, could I get something stringer now? I think I'm going to need it"

*Atticus hands Veng some credits and moves his head closer to venges ear so that he can whisper in it.

"Feel free to put as much giggledust in it as possible, I think I'm going to need it"

25. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    *Larena glanced over at atticus and back to her cards, consentrating on her hand she began to talk.

"Atticus, don't over do it now."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.