main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Larena's Cafe

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ImperialJedi, Nov 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Muchie

Muchie Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    Larena,your mission in life DOESN'T have to consist of being the biggest fan or proving yourself worthy!

Ok,so thats one Caremilk coming right up! :D

2. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    ***oops, forgot to order my CareMilk. 1 pleeze***

Don't worry Jimsidious, you're not the only one.
    I live for SW. Have since the summer of '77. Can't help it. It's what I do.
    Kyp, don't worry, soon I will start to unleash my Fanfic on the world. So YOU'RE not the only one.

I always thought I was nuts, until I came here in Nov. FINALLY surrounded by nuts like me!

Although, I always thought there would be more in the Portland area. Oh well!

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I MUST BE THE BIGGEST FAN...

4. Muchie

Muchie Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2003
    Okeday!That's two Caremilks coming right up!

5. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Biggest fan, eh?

*cackles*

Y'have to read all the books. I've read at least 25 Star Wars books...

6. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I'm sure I've read more than 25... and Dark Journey is still my fav [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    I [face_love] fanfiction :D

7. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I've not only read more than 25 I own more than 25!

8. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    Hey their Muchie, I'll take one of them caremilks please.
    Hey KYP I call everyone bro so dont think any bad things Ok, I do appologize though, I also call everyone dude.
    Hey Jadey, meesa thinkin that the whole role playin thing is really cool, when I was younger me and my friends did nothing else but that exact thing man. I like the Rancor thing thats funny. Here's my thing, I usually get up at 4:30 am to get ready for work, and go to my Star Wars room, I'll sit back their and look at all my stuff(walls plasterd in MOMC figures)after about half hour of that I get into the slave 1 and take off to look for my boutny, LOL. Have no fear the whole hour and a half drive to the coast is a long journey through space for one Boba Fett to find my bounty, it makes me feel very dorky to talk to people about I've never told anyone this LOL.
    Hey Muchie this drinks awesome :)
    Well I hope you all did well on your test.
    Oh one last thing KYP, the person isnt going by KYP-SIDE-OF-THE-FORCE, its just KYP. so dont get to creeped out sis, but it is wierd isnt it??
    OK everyone have great nights and days till I talk with ya again OK
    out a here Jimsid

9. Bromly_Falco

Bromly_Falco Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2002
    I've read 30 and own a total of 55 of the novels... Had to suspend my Star Wars reading when the new Wheel of Time book came out, but once I've finished that (again) I guess I'm starting Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina.

But true fandom cannot be measured by novels alone. My vast library of SWRPG material ought to weigh heavily, my (albeit) small action figure collection counts for something, all those Star Wars Micro Machines, and my personal fav - the Darth Vader Speaker Phone... No, fandom cannot be measured by novels alone...

10. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    I've read Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina. Not bad actually. I've read 3 of the 5 TALES books. :)

You people and deciding who's a bigger fan. LoL :)

11. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    I have about 15 books that I haven't even read yet. I don't feel like getting into a trilogy right now. :/

Tales From Mos Eisley Cantina was very good, I reccommend it. But if you haven't read Tales of the Bounty Hunters or Tales from Jabba's Palace, those are better.

12. Bromly_Falco

Bromly_Falco Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2002
    With a few exceptions, I haven't read anything between Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina and the Thrawn Trilogy. Last August I got stared with the Thrawn Trilogy, 30 novels (up to the Hand of Thrawn Duology and then starting with the Han Solo Trilogy - reading all the novels in chronological order) and 6 monthes later... time for the Cantina Tales.

I figure the Old Republic era will see a lot of new books now that we are getting a clearer picture of that time period, so I'll look into reading books set in that time period later.

For the moment Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy is my personal favorite. Though which book would be a difficult choice. Out of curiousity, which author/book/series is everyone else's favorite?

13. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I have calculated it,I have read a total of 106 SW books and I currently own 82 of them!

14. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    Oh, wait...I've read 43.

I forgot to count the YJK series.

15. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Oh yes, the YJK series, a good set, and one you dno't want to forget. Thats like 13 books I believe. :)

16. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    I think I'm out of the running, as I'm not obsessed with the movies... just the books :D
    I don't really like the Tales, except New Republic (Fen is ssoooo cool) and Empire.

17. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    I havent read much of the star wars books although I would like to, I just have zero time :(
    I did read the truce at Bakura, and well it really wasnt all that interesting....I want to read the bounty hunter book that one seems cool, I think its called tales from Jabbas or something like that I saw it at the book bin.
    all my time and money is spent on video games and figures.
    I just got a 12" Death Star Droid hes awesome :)

18. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Well I'm glad to see someone has money to just go out and buy stuff,especailly after the holidays! ;)

19. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    hey man after schools out and you have your career going you to will be able to do the same LOL. I am money smart and watch what I buy and what bills need to be paid, then theirs star wars, I believe it takes presedence above all LOL. Thats were all my money goes. :D

20. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    That's why it's good to be young and simple.

21. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    My goodness rickthetamer,I just looked at your age!Yes it is good to be young and simple,my mother didn't let me on the internet until I was thirteen!*sob* :(
    I'm fourteen,go figure. :D

22. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    Seriously? Wow, you're behind. I've been surfing since I was 7. Too bad I didn't pick up on HTML sooner...I just started working with web design about a year ago.

23. Darth_Coolieo

Darth_Coolieo Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2003
    I was allowed to go directly to one web site and that's it,at least I'm trained for the bad stuff!My parents drilled "Internet Safety" into my head!I am trained for all situations,hehe nobody is gettin info from me!LOL!Ofcourse some teens can be pretty stupid!

Edit: This IS Larena_Jade,I just forgot that my brother was logged in first!I promise!

24. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Ok,this is me logged in as the right person!I shure hope that doesn't happen again!My brother is very very very weird!I am not related to him! ;)

25. Festivis7

Festivis7 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2002
    I like the good age of 18. Young enough to not have too much financial worries, but old enough to get a good job (I work for the government :D ) The only problem is that I have to spend time in place called high school and I've invested too much money into the fanfilm that never seems to end [face_plain]

Let's see, four shelves of SW books at about 15 a piece *thinking* uhh... ?[face_plain]

*now counting* I have about 58 books, haven't read them all though ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.