main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Large Feet Need Jedi Boots

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JediRazen, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRazen

JediRazen Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    Hey all!
    I'm new to this forum, and was looking for some advice
    I have been cursed with Size 15 (16US) feet, and I can't find boots to fit
    I'm tempted to go down the road of making them myself, but was wondering if you guys could keep an eye open about thrift/charity/secondhand shops for boots of about this size?
    I'd greatly appreciate it :)
    Ideally looking for them before August, as my Jedi uniform is currently under construction for Collectormania Glasgow
    Thanks guys
    Razen

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I would look for a work (or utility) boot in your size and cover it up with some nice pleather (or leather) gators. If you don't know what I mean, take a close look at ROTS, specifically with Obi-Wan and Anakin. Both have a unique boot cover, or gator that would probably serve you well. Its a good way of utility a more comfortable boot, while still maintaining the prestige of the galaxy far, far away.

- Bill

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Bill's idea is probably your best bet.

I forget which company it was, but one of our guys wanted Qui-Gon boots, but he's a 14EE. He literally traced his foot on a piece of paper and sent that in for them to custom make him a pair of boots to fit.

4. JediRazen

JediRazen Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2011
    Thanks guys :)
    I saw somewhere else on the forum a guy that had used Tae Kwon Do shinguards painted brown, and put them over a pair of boots. I just rummaged out a pair of boots I had under 3tons of crap in the garage, so gonna use them as a base, then probably make some form of leather gators or the shinguards idea to go over them :)
    Thanks Again
    Razen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.