main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Large SW:CCG collection for sale, mint condition...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Chevalier-mal-Fet, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm not sure if this is allowed here or not; if it isn't, my apologies and I'll remove the post as soon as someone tells me.

I have two first anthology boxes full of SW:CCG cards as well as a plastic case or two. The cards in question are from Premiere (BB) through Cloud City, with a small amount (60-100) of Special Edition and Jabba's Palace. The majority of the cards are from Cloud City; roughly 45%, I would think. I'm interested in selling my whole collection, complete with several light and dark-side decks. If you're interested in some of the rares I have, here's a few highlights from my decks; keep in mind that these are just the more notable rares I have, and that there are many, many more in other decks and in the boxes. All cards are black-bordered (BB) and in mint condition unless otherwise specified; while I have played with them, I keep them in ultra-pro deck protectors and also shuffle very carefully.

Light side:

Son of Skywalker
    Captain Han Solo
    Princess Leia
    Reflection
    Haven
    Chewbacca
    Artoo
    Lando Calrissian
    Red Leader in Red 1 (Scrye Promo)
    Gold Leader in Gold 1 (Scrye Promo)
    Revolution

Dark side:
    The majority of the bounty hunters and their weapons (Dagobah) with the exception of the Cloud City Boba Fett
    First Anthology Boba Fett
    Slave I
    Avenger
    Kuat Drive Yards
    Kuat
    Various star destroyers
    Death Squadron Star Destroyer
    Death Squadron

I used to buy boosters by the box, so I have tons of rares; too many to post. The ones I've listed are just highlights from my primary dark and light side decks. I'm looking to sell this collection for several hundred dollars or best offer - the two decks alone are worth well over a hundred apiece, as they are mostly rare cards. If you're interested or want to know more, e-mail me at TickTocks@hotmail.com, or get ahold of me on AOL Instant Messenger (nick is rothrsco) or via ICQ (number is 11715469).

Thank you for your time. Again, if this isn't allowed here, just let me know and I'll take the post off, with my apologies.

2. Master-Chip

Master-Chip Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2002
    If you have dealt only in the older stuff, you might want to research around at what cards are going for these days. Its a lot less that it was

3. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Unless rares have dropped below two bucks apiece, the decks are still going to be worth a hundred dollars or more, seeing as how it's something like 50 rares out of 60 cards, so...

4. Master-Chip

May 31, 2002
    I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, but 2.00 each rare? Maybe for mains. I can find most rares for less than a buck. About 25% for a quarter. Check this site out:

http://www.addictive-behaviors.com/

The bottom has fallen out of the prices since decipher lost its license. But heck, I'm just a beginner in the game, what do I know.

5. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Blah. I suppose I should ask if anyone wants to trade something for the lot, then... props, costumes, Magic cards... whatever. Make an offer, I guess. :/

6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I wouldn't say the bottom has dropped out on the SWCCG market. There are still people in need who will pay decent prices for rares, but don't expect to be making $50 of off one card unless it's at least an ultra rare card.

7. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    When you say something like Son of Skywalker is only worth 2 bucks... it's depressing, especially considering how much money I sank into these cards to begin with, lol.

8. Master-Chip

May 31, 2002
    I agree with you, and I hated to be the one to break the news.

9. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    When you say something like Son of Skywalker is only worth 2 bucks... it's depressing

I can understand where you're coming from. On a related note, I got a FOIL Son of Skywalker and Commander Luke Skywalker for $3.95, SHIPPED, off of Ebay just 2 weeks ago. It's bad for those who put in quite a bit of $$ into their collections, but great for those of us who're returning to the CCG after a hiatus.

10. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Give it some time, after they've been unavailable for a few years the prices may go up. Hell, I'm stocking up now, not only because of my primary goal (to finish my collection of them), but also to get them at reasonable prices now so I don't have to buy them from some nut on eBay using over-inflated prices. It's sort of a necessary evil of being a collector, I'll give you that, but if you collect anything solely for the monetary value; then you'll find yourself worse off than where you started.

11. Magnanimous_Jawa

Magnanimous_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Even if they are worthless they are still fun.

Just like my old magic cards.. fun but not worth the cardboard they are printed on.

Oh well! We all need stuff to blow are money on.. look at it this way.. we could have spent it on pokemon cards.. yeck (no offense to all your pokeholics out there)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.