main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Las Vegas Comic-con information

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Bleyd, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bleyd

Bleyd Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 30, 2002
    That's right everyone, you read that correct Las Vegas comic-con. I just recently recieved an E-mail from one of the directors and they told me they're going to have a new comic-con here in Las Vegas this Fall. October 31st thru November 2nd.Tickets for all 3 days are $45 but I might be able to get discount tickets. They didn't gurantee anything. I'll keep everyone posted on this. www.lasvegascomiccon.com is the site. Our Garrison is working on something and would like to include the fanforce as well. Like I said I'll keep ya posted.

Tim Anadon TK-002
    Neon City Garrison

2. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    COMIC......CON....IN..........VEGAS.........FEEL.....FAINT.........TOO........GOOD...TO.......BE.......TRUE.....ROOM....SPINNING......

3. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Here's the list I have so far of:

Special Guests Expected

Jim Lee Well known and respected comic artist DC
    Kevin Smith comic book author and director of the Jersey trilogy
    Neil Gaiman Author and graphic novelist (sandman)
    Ray Park Darth Maul and Toad from x men
    Stan Lee comic book guru and writer
    Stan Winston Professional special fx artist
    Neil & Adrian Rayment twin assassins from new matrix movie
    David Boreanaz star of WB series angel
    Todd Mcfarlane Author of SPAWN and creator of many action figures
    Monica Bellucci Actress in Matrix
    Sal Buscema The great Silver and Modern Age penciler and inker
    Steve Jackson Writer, editor and game designer and the founder of the
    popular gaming company, Steve Jackson Games
    Alex Ross One of the most popular painters and cover artists in
    Comics and worked for both DC and Marvel.

J. Michael Straczynski The creator of TV series Babylon 5 and Jeremiah is also
    one of the hottest comic writers
    Ray Bradbury He may well be the most famous science fiction
    Of all time
    Tim Bruckner One of DC Direct's most acclaimed talents, Tim
    Bruckner has sculpted numerous statues, snowglobes,
    action figures, and other items

Spike Decker Mellow Manor Productions, Inc. was founded by Craig "Spike" Decker and Mike Gribble, popularly known as "Spike & Mike®. Sick and twisted festival of animation
    Dave Dorman Best known for his Star Wars paintings and covers
    Devin Grayson One of the few women writers of superhero comics
    Craig McCracken The creator of Cartoon Network?s wildly popular
    Powerpuff Girls

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Incredible!!! Bleyd, we are so there.

Thank you for the info, we anxiously await more!

5. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    lazy link

This is one of the coolest things I've ever heard

6. DarthDarkstar

DarthDarkstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    I want it. Must have it.

7. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    The 501st have a few things planned for this con. We also plan to have a dinner at Planet Hollywood as well.(It's something the Legion's been duin for sometime now)Nothing solid on that yet.
    Like I said I'll keep everyone posted best I can. We're also working on getting the celebrities here as well. Still waiting for an E-mail back from Peter to see how his schedule is. Not sure if his scenes have been shot for EP3 yet. (Sorry if anyone saw that as a spoiler, it was confirmed not too long ago he'll be in it. Don't know how big a part.)
    Also, the Legion will have a good sized booth there as well. (Talon or morondude EM me if you see this. Time is a factor) anadon@lvcm.com or tk002@neoncitygarrison.com

Spoke to Steve Sansweet and he says Lucasfilm will not have a presence their although Hasbro and a few other companies will be there.

Tim

8. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    I am trying to stay 100% spoiler free for ep 3 and the only reason you get to live is becuase this was already blabed to me. Please dont post ANYTHING about ep3 unless there is a huge spoiler warning and spacing. Im serious I dont even want to know what Ewan had for breakfast on the first day of shooting.

9. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    I'm tring to do the same. Only reason why I even mentioned it cause I figured it common knowledge by now after Starwars.com announced it and shortly after it hit ALL the message boards. Lately I haven't been going to their site just so I CAN be spoiler free, I agree it makes the movie that much more enjoyable. I really hated it when some jerk posted that Anakin had his arm lopped off in EP2. Ruined the last half of the movie for me. Now if only GL can make this last one a memorable one and even break records in OT style. Ah one can dream.

10. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I would so be there except I'm getting married on November 8th. I wouldn't survive the wedding if I snuck out the week before :(

11. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    Sure you could. Besides you'd miss one of the largest Star Wars events in Vegas. The 501st is planning a few things that should set the standards as far as how fans present their booths. I trooped the strip a week before my wedding and that can take alot out of ya. Just think of it as your bachelor party.

12. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Awesome news Bleyd! I gotta attend! *hopefully* ;)

13. Bleyd

Oct 30, 2002
    The dealer's room alone boasts over 180,000 square feet. In time they want to utilize all 2.1 million square feet of the new convention center. I've been over there and all I can say is, wow.

14. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    SWEET!!!!!

15. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Saw the updates on their website but not much info. Like how much for all three days, who is really confirmed to appear, what comics companies are setting up shop, etc. Marvel and Wizard looks like they come but whut about Dreamwave, CrossGen, DC?

Brain Michael Bendis is on the list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.