Las Vegas Comic Con

Discussion in 'Albuquerque, NM' started by varza, Jul 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay a very new convention. I just read about this in the San Diego forum.

The very first Las Vegas Comic-Com

Dates: October 31-November 2
    Where: Madalay Bay Convention Center, Las Vegas NV

Anyone up for a trip to Vegas?

2. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Oooh...over Halloween too! That would be a blast! I'm always up for a trip to Vegas!
  3. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    how does this comic con compare to the comic con that was just in san diego?
  4. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    no idea... this is the very first one they are having so it will be an experience...

wook if you are up for it maybe we can work on some plans on going... I am up for staying at Excaliber! anyone else?

and supposibly there will be a costume ball being held on the 31st-that would be sweet!
  5. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    I have no idea either..but since it's in Vegas, I'm sure there will be tons of people there. The San Diego one is the largest tho (75,000 - yes thousand - people were there on Saturday alone!!! [face_shocked]

Excalibur is good - we can take the shuttle to Mandalay - no rental car!!!
  6. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    most defiantly... i am sure they will have some...

I will have to check pricing but lsat time i checked Excalibur was like 50 a night... not bad at all...
  7. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Stormtrooper costumes will have to be done by the 31st then.....sweet! I am sure I can talk Yvonne into it!!!
  8. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I will find out the info on pricing for Excalibur and costs for flights as well... or we can figure out the drive?

okay checked flight and room package 420 per person... roundtrip ticket and room all in one... checking out individual pricing and other hotels as well when i can
  9. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    OOOHH!!! I have got to go to this one!! HMMM slave Leia costume!!! He! He! He!
  10. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    We will put both you and Yvonne in a slave leia outfit ;)
  11. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    oh man... those guys better watch out...

well if people want to go you can discuss it here... i will look for pricing but unless a miracle happens-like a free plane ticket, i don't think i can afford it... Excalibur racks up their prices it looks like on the weekends... but there are other places that are a lot cheaper... i will keep looking and let you know what i find...
  12. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a motel 6 on tropicanna and las vegas blvd....might be reasonable! South West is always running specials too!
  13. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    awesome!

yeah i saw some... i noticed that the Frontier has some great prices as well...

Here is the price for a round trip ticket from friday October 31st to Monday November 3rd (you can save aorund 60 bucks if you fly out monday instead of sunday)

Air Itinerary
    Depart Oct 31 Fri N/S ABQ-LAS 301 Depart Albuquerque (ABQ) at 6:45 AM
    Arrive in Las Vegas (LAS) at 7:20 AM

Return Nov 03 Mon N/S LAS-ABQ 1035 Depart Las Vegas (LAS) at 1:20 PM
    Arrive in Albuquerque (ABQ) at 3:45 PM

Pricing
    Trip Routing Type of Fare Base Fare U.S.
    Taxes PFC Passenger(s) Total
    Depart ABQ-LAS Fun Fare $91.16 $9.84 $3.00 1 $104.00
    Return LAS-ABQ Fun Fare $91.16 $9.84 $3.00 1 $104.00
    Total $182.32 $19.68 $6.00 $208.00
    * Security Fee is the government-imposed September 11th Security Fee.

Found a decent price on a hotel:

Embassy Suites Hotel Convention Center Paradise Rd-Las Vegas
    3600 Paradise Road Las Vegas, Nevada, US, 89109

Description:
    NON SMOKING/2 DOUBLE BEDS/SUITE-SMALL BALCONY

Rate:
    149.00 USD per night 31 Oct 2003 - 03 Nov 2003

There is a 9.00 % per room per night tax.
    There is a Credit Card required for this reservation.

We can fit up to 6 people in the room as well... that would be hum... 149 / 6 = estimate around 25 per night per person... or 2 rooms for 149 a night with 3 people to a room 50 per night...

nice thing about embassey suites-while you can order room serive they have the kitchen as well
  14. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
    I put up the info for the con on the website...

-lor
  15. Arma_Geda-Mandalore Jedi Knight

star 3
    Looks like you're really checking stuff out. That's great. Some of the hotels mentioned are a bit of a way from the venue. As things stand now, that shouldn't be much of a problem, as I have an F-150 that I can get about five people into and the entire bed for hauling stuff to and from your hotel.

If I go, and I was already planning on it, I could help keep taxi/car rental costs down for you all whenever possible.
  16. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    It is possible we would be able to get a Travel Agent discount for hotel rooms for all of us...I believe we will be eligble for a discount here soon!!
  17. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    awesome!

well the it said the embassey suites is 2.5 miles from city center but I will keep checking... hoping not to have to rent a car but I am checking other hotels... just looking for good rates...

travel agernt discount eh? sweet!
  18. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Yvonne and I work for American Express Travel!!!!
  19. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    cool! I had no idea... i remember you saying something that you worked in the travel field but too cool!

good company to work for-my mom worked for them at Turner in Atlanta for a few years...
  20. Lorithavon Jedi Knight

star 3
  21. LadyNaberrie Jedi Master

star 4
    *sighs* our family doesn't have the money to go......I've never even been to a comicon or anything like that....oh well, looks like I'll be staying behind...have fun!
  22. Wook Jedi Master

star 4
    Lor appears to be the expert on the slave bikini here... ;)

I'll check into a timeshare my brother in law has in Vegas...3 rooms - just a block from the Strip - I don't know how much it would be or if it's available yet. Keep ya posted.
  23. varza Jedi Master

star 4
    I understand LadyN... one reason why i am trying to find a 2nd job at the moment... went for an interview at Century Downtown the otherday, hope I get it...

If I can find an inexpensive place to stay my birthday is right before that and I think I know what I will be asking for for it-delta skymiles, enough to get me to Vegas and back...

We can do some planning as well on Sunday for a bit
  24. debeautimous Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the pics Lor!! Now to lose that last 15 pounds. :D
  25. SirLancelot Jedi Master

star 4
    too bad im only 18. vegas is the worlds greatest play ground, for thise over 21.

i might be a ble to go to this, but it depends upon my finances. the money im making this summer might barely tide me over for the school year.

but why fly? my parents go to vegas every year for the MW confrnece, ands its one of the greatest drives around.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.