main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Laser tag: Expressions of Interest

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Sai-Mera_Saa, Dec 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handmaiden_Dorme

Handmaiden_Dorme Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2005
    I agree to go the distance for a good time!

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Don't forget the one in Five Dock.

And sure thing, I'm up for midnight to dawn. Would be bloody good. I also don't mind where we have it, as I have no personal experience with any of them. And I'm sure I can find a way there... [face_thinking] :p

Dates shouldn't bother me either in late January - however anything before the 20th (but not it) is basically out.

3. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Understood all. I'll give Penrith and ring and see what they can offer. Had to work today, so I'll be speaking to Cromer tomorrow as well. Aside from the other things, I will definitely clarify the space issue.

Thanks for elaborating on Penrith Handmaiden_Dorme. I forgot you'd said something earlier.

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Actually, I screwed my dates up, I'm free the 27th, not the 20th, but we'll still see what's good for most other people.

5. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Well, when planning this far ahead...I'm free for anything. :p

6. Axicana

Axicana Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2005
    Dude I'm so up for it! I've never been before but I hear it's like paintball but less painful, so then I'm really looking forward to it :D

7. hollyinlowercase

hollyinlowercase Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2006
    My brother is a MASSIVE paintball fan, and is looking over my shoulder as I write this. There is a paintball in Annangrove (look it up, I know none of you (bar a few)(sorry I have put brackets inside brackets inside brackets) really have been educated as to my area, and are all city hicks, but I'll forgive you this once!!)... and it also has a Laser zone sorta thing, but I'm not fully into paintball, have never tried it, although I know it would totally be my thing, it wouldn't be most peoples thing (SHUT UP DAMO!!! (Damo is my bro who is telling me to get over myself and that paintball is awesome))
    Buuttt... It's WAAAYYY too expensive anyway, but my bro just wants you guys to consider it even though we can't do all-nighters there.
    Anyway, off to lunch
    xoxoxoxox
    My bro just wanted me to educate you all *confused look*
    He is temping me with making me lunch.
    How can I refuse??
    [face_batting]

8. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I don't think I could do paintball...well, I could, but it might be against my beliefs. I don't think I can consciously inflict pain on someone else without some fear of retribution/bad karma. :p

But laser tag will be great. With a lot of people, it'll be pretty intense and tiring. And as for modes/styles of play (which i think was mentioned before) there's two or three options that we can alternate between, and they are obvious: solo, teamplay and variations between with bases. I've heard that you can get a better 'weapon' or rapid fire (or some such) for higher money, but I've never seen it in practice.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. It'll be great. [:D]

9. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Thanks for the suggestion Holly. I know of the Annangrove paintball place - action paintball or something. Their laser game isn't really laser tag, it's the outdoor laser skirmish stuff. I'm going to focus on the indoor venues.

My day has been a washout, but I'll get onto the research as soon as I can. Keep the feedback coming in - everything is helpful.

10. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Im all for paintball at some point but it IS pricy.

And I wasnt saying cromer had to be it, its merely the only one i have experience with. 5 Dock is somewhat more central, but I dont know what its like for public Transport. Cromer by PT can be done, but there isa bit of a walk involved. Last time i walked from my house, and that took about 0 mins. The trip home when i was so tired i couldnt think was about 50 mins.

By bus u could get an l80 or 85 from the city that would stop at the nearest point, kinda near Eclips place.

maybe if we do cromer or Penrith (Which seem the 2 furthest away points) we could arrange some kind of carpooling?

11. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    Sai.. you coming to the chrissy party?

12. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Nope, sorry. Bad timing for me.

Good point Craig. Car pooling would be good. I'll check out the address of the Five Dock place too and see what public transport is available.

13. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    :D

That's my expression of interest.

14. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    lol

Okay, I've had a chance to check up on Cromer and Penrith today. In the process of trying to find Penrith's contact details, I stumbled over a place in Blacktown that may or may not offer the same type of game. I sent them an email and I'll see what info they come back with. I'm also still waiting for Five Dock to get back to me.

Here are the midnight till dawn offers from Cromer and Penrith:

Cromer:
    Minimum number: 25 people
    Price per person: $40
    Maximum number that can play simultaneously: 39
    Deposit: $1000 one week in advance (ie full money up front)
    Booking: Min 3 weeks in advance

Penrith:
    Minimum number: 10 people
    Price per person: $30
    Maximum number that can play simultaneously: 18
    Deposit: $100 one week in advance
    Booking: Min 1 week in advance

Reactions are welcome (though I'm aware Five Dock's response may alter things).

Edit: We're now the 7th hit on Google if you type "laser tag penrith".

15. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    We're now 6th!

16. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    We rock. :D I say go Cromer, I guess. What's $10, anyway, if it means we can all play at once. I also figure that perhaps the number/player limitation reflects either a) the number of suits and guns they have, and/or b) the size of the course. So yeah...I say go Cromer. And I might even be able to lift a couple of people, maybe.

17. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    well, im obvioualy going to vote for Crmer as well...

18. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
  19. Sai-Mera_Saa

Apr 18, 2002
    Anyone been to the Blacktown one (Lazer Runner)? I didn't even know it existed, but they came back saying 20 people min at $30 each. I'll try to chase them up for more info.

Yeah Deto, max people is the number of guns/suits they have.

20. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    I want two guns [face_blush] =P~ 8-}

21. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Then you'd have to wear two suits and you'd be an easy target... ;)

And yeah...I haven't been to Cromer for a few years, but I seem to remember them having quite a few suits and guns. Maybe they've upgraded...that would be nice. :p

22. hollyinlowercase

Oct 13, 2006
    Fine! One gun it is :)

23. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I went earlier in the year and seem to recall 3 lots of 10 or twelve guns. 3 teams i mean

24. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    You have to hold your other hand on the gun to even fire anyway. :p Well, at least it was like that where I went.

But if you could go commando pistol well that'd be just plain cool. :cool:

25. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Who's going commando? :D :p ;)

The guns at Croemr u can hold one or two handed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.