main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Laser Tag

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by idarii, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MonaLeia

MonaLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2003
    Err... I don't care so much where so long as it's easy to get to and I don't have to leave my car somewhere unsafe and I don't have to pay a fortune to park there! ;)

I mean, I would offer to have people meet at my place but you'd all get tagged for parking here without parking permits so that wouldn't be too fun and I can't get permission for a buncha cars, only one.

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    the only place i can think of to do that, lisa, is the attleboro T station. it's $2 to park (although someone told me it's free on weekends, which i'm not sure of, but still $2 is cheap) and it's very safe, i've left my car there till the wee hours of the morning on occassion.

but i think we should plan this out soon. cause it's just a day away now.

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    So is everyone all set now? :)

Just want to warn you all in advance that 1) I have no aim, and 2) I'm rather clumsy, so I apologize in advance for my horrible score, shooting my teammates, and running into people. :p

4. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I haven't played laser tag since middle school so yeah... I'll suck. It'll probably be a good idea to wear dark colors, if that helps...

Anyway, if that's where we're meeting... what time and how do I get there? Yes, I know I'm a loser! :p

5. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    they'd like to meet around 7:30

you can get directions here

i don't mean to sound icky by this, but since no one really picked a meeting spot or time or anything for a carpool, i'll just be heading over there myself (plus my car will be full), but if anyone else wants to carpool i suggest you make plans for it now.

6. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    "wear dark colors"

No, wear white...all white. That is the best color to wear when playing laser tag......white......

;)

7. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    White colors, really?

COOL! Thanks for the advice ondiv! :)

8. Phlonet

Phlonet Jedi Youngling

Sep 15, 2003
    Just in case anyone reads this before they head out...

The directions are so-so. Follow them to a point, but the key to remember its, its the big old factory looking building RIGHT NEXT to the McDonalds. The sign isn't readable in the dark. The actual place itself is through a door with a broken window, up an old elevator, and down a dirty hallway. It looks more like you're entering some sort of crack-den.

Anyway, hope that helps - see you there and I can't wait to meet folks in person :)

9. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    "It looks more like you're entering some sort of crack-den"
    Man, why can't my FF hang-out at places like that.....I wanna go to crack-den look alike places...

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I had a damn good time tonight! Blue team rules! :D

Really, it was wonderful to see you all again. I can't wait until the next meet! When is that going to be, by the way? :)

11. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Seeing us? You mean, shooting us!

12. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Ok ok...seeing you AND shooting you. That is, you unlucky non-blue people. Not my fault you chose the wrong team. :D

13. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    red team all the way!

orion! i'm hit! nebula, take cover! medical emergency! man down!

i am all for doing this again, this was crazy fun

if anyone is interested, tom and i are thinking of doing the feb 9th $20 unlimited play, just play from like 6 till whenever, and we'd love to get a big group together again.

as for the next meet, i am soooo out of ideas. if anyone has any suggestions please shout em out, cause i can't do it all by me one-sie, savvy?

14. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I had the best. time. ever!

Yeah BLUE TEAM! :D

I dunno, red team, the thing I heard you saying the most was "damn you Lisa!!" :p

Seriously, though, you killed me enough times! Nicely played!

I would love to go do it again! I don't know how good a Monday night is going to be but... I will look into it. That place definitely rocked!

As for meet ideas we could... hmm. Well we could... you know go somewhere cool... I'm so useless sometimes. [face_blush] Is there anything cool to do around here?

Well, didn't someone once suggest we make our own epic duels game? Maybe we could try that.

I'm just trying to get the thinking started... :)

15. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Perhaps I'll try and live up to the title of 'event coordinator'....I'll get back to you with some ideas soon. ;)

16. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    That was so fun last night!
    Maybe sometime we should try paintball. [face_mischief]

17. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    If you play paint ball someone has to wear white, then take a picture of that person at the end of the game and post it online so that I can enjoy. Its like mud wrestling....you have to wear white!

18. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    hey is anyone up for an impromptu game of laser tag tonight in fall river? tom and i are going, and wanted to see if any of you fine folk are interested in coming along

19. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'd be up for going, granted I had a ride there. *looks at Ed* :)

20. MonaLeia

Jan 13, 2003
    I would cept it's snowing like crazy and I'm actually quite sick. Have fun for me!

21. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Sounds good, I'll fly into town this afternoon.

22. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    awesome, erin! :p

roseanna, if you want, you can take the train in to attleboro and we can pick you up. it's right up the road from work.

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Actually, I fell (twice) today, the second time being rather painful. I will be spending this evening nursing my wounds instead. Hope you guys have fun! :)

24. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    ouch ... sorry about that. hope you're okay

25. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, I'm ok. Just very sore. :( Stupid ice and snow. The pain wasn't as bad as the complete and total humiliation. The rather attractive young man walking behind me saw me fall and heard me curse both times. Grr...

EDIT: Make that 3 times. I fell on my way back from work. At least I didn't go completely down this time...it just looked like I kneeled down to tie my shoe for a nanosecond, while submerging my knee in a giant, 6-inch deep puddle. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.