main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Laser Tag

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by TheRandomMenace, Apr 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Mullet and I went with some friends to play laser tag at Lazer Quest in Fairview tonight. While we were there, we saw on their advertisement board that their will be a Star Wars lock-in May 17th. On the flyer I have, it reads:

Fri. May 17th--STAR WARS lock-in--Come dressed as your favorite Star Wars character...Costume Contest...Special games...prizes...Quick draw laser competition...the Star Wars movies...and more!!!

Just thought I'd let you guys know about it in case anybody wants to organize a trip there then. It's not on here, but I think I saw something about $30.00, but if it's a lock-in, that means there's gonna be a ton of games. May the Force be with you.

2. GrnJalera

GrnJalera Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2001
    That sounds like a lot of fun. We have been to the Lazer Extreme here in the Southland shopping center. It's too much fun.

FYI - You can rent the place out for parties. Something to think about. Everyone show up in Jedi/Sith/Whatever gear and go nuts for a few hours.

3. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I was saying that I want to go in the arena with a toy saber that has its blade wrapped with metallic gift wrap so that it would deflect blasts, similar to how the Jedi do it in the movies. That would be ridiculous, especially because the diameter of the laser blasts in laser tag arenas look smaller than those in the movies, hehehe. Own time.

4. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    ?I want to go in the arena with a saber that has its blade wrapped with metallic gift wrap so that it would deflect blasts??

LOL on floor!!!! Hilarious!!!!! [face_laugh]

5. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Sounds great, but I don't have any costumes to bring to this thing...they cost too much. Still sounds like fun, I've never played laser tag before...if I can get the day off, I'm game!

6. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    HEY RANDOM! IT WAS LASER QUEST! NOT LASER TAG! Even thought, technically they are the same thing. Who all had the laser TAG(the one in the 80's were laser tag) guns from the 1980's, I still have mine, along with all the accesories?

7. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    Mullet, I quote myself:

Mullet and I went with some friends to play laser tag at Lazer Quest in Fairview tonight.

So I did mention that it was Lazer Quest. Read my posts entirely before insinuating stuff about me.

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    ha! I was owned

9. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    That sound like alot of fun; I like the idea of having a SW themed party! My friend Kevin used to have the original "Lazer Tag" set, we'd play around in his backyard for hours.

I don't have any costume, but games and stuff sound like alot of fun. So when we divide up into teams are we going to pick "Rebel Alliance" or "Imperial Forces?"

10. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I suggest teams are everyone against Pas-Jo Dacle...

No, one of my friends who went with us is nationally ranked in LQ, and he's made $600 in competitions before. He told me of a sweet SW version of LQ. I can't remember the exact game, but I'm pretty sure it was along these lines:

He said it could be played w/ about 10 people or more. There are usually 2 major areas in the arena that are on the 2nd level. One of these areas is the Emperor's throne room. The Emperor deploys 2 people as Darth Maul and Darth Vader (although they never actually worked together, this game is still rather cool), and the rest of the people are stormtroopers. The Emperor doesn't leave his tower. In the other tower, someone is Luke. He can't leave his tower until the other Rebels kill Vader and Maul. Once this happens, he is allowed to leave his tower to kill the Emperor. ONLY LUKE CAN KILL THE EMPEROR! So, the Imperials kind of want to protect Vader and Maul for as long as possible, and some of the Rebels have to be alive to guard Luke so that he doesn't die on his run to the Emperor. Then of course, Luke and Palpy have to duke it out for control of the galaxy. Overall a game that sounds pretty cool. A lot of strategy, and a lot of cool SW elements to it.

And he also said that individual people can have different hit points loaded into their vest, so if he and I were playing, being that he's nationally ranked, he might have 1 life, whereas I have 10. So stormtroopers and the typical Rebels could have like 5 hit points each, and the Emperor, Vader, Maul, and Luke could have like 10, for example.

Enough for you Krash? LOL.

11. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Fear The Mullet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.