main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    yes, it could just go on soon. :(

2. Stranded in space

Stranded in space Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2000
    Can't wait for more!!!!

To The Top!!!!!

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Levitating to the top, in preparation for a post, hopefully in the next 24-48 hours. Derisa and I will be polishing it up soon!

- Rani

4. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    *Boing*
    *Boing*
    *Boing*

::pogostick-bounces through::

Yeeehaw!

5. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! i want a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. SWMara

SWMara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2001
    I have a bad feeling about the continuation of this story. :(

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Happy to disappoint you on that count, SWMara! This isn't the post Rani promised a bit ago, we're still working on that one, but tgis should tide you over till then! :)

*Derisa*

His tentative smile, his determined mouth curving upward for those few tiny moments... that glint of intelligence in his blue eyes, and he opened his mouth to say her name...but which name would he use? She found herself terribly anxious that he would know her, know who she was, and use the *right* name. The anxiety built up within her, a tide of worry that crested ... and suddenly she was awake, and the green numbers of the wall chrono showed it to be just after dawn local time.

She breathed into the stillness of her stateroom, clutching after the dream, but it was already fragmenting into foglike remnants, glimpses and flashes of emotion, but nothing more. She rose and ordered the lights up, finishing her usual morning ablutions with a long silent perusal of her face in the small stateroom?s mirror.

A delicate face, strong cheekbones and thin but shapely lips met her gaze. The coppery sheen of her wet hair brought out the green of her hazel eyes, and she smoothed back the quizzical line of her left brow with a wry grimace. ?Morning, Kirney,? she greeted her reflection.

There was a whir and a whistle from the door annunciator, and she grinned despite herself. ?Come on in, Tonin, it?s not like a lock could keep you out!? She let the towel rest on her shoulders, soaking up the drips from her short red hair, as the dry air of the ship would likely dry it faster than the limp terrycloth. ?What?s up??

The little round-topped droid beeped a series of comments at her as he plugged himself into the dataport of her cramped rooms, which the small crew of the Corellian Light Freighter jokingly referred to as the ?Captain?s Suite?. The screen lit up with a rapid display of the several shipments awaiting delivery to various systems and dpots within their range, and Kirney Slane, captain of this very motley crew, sat to place bids on the shipments to which their diverse talents and capabilities seemed best suited.

Selonia-Arklin: six hundred kilos tubers; one hundred kilos passimar grains; fifty eight kilos modified seed distributor hardware; two passengers. Ship today, Receive Thirdday.

?Agricultural exchange from the homeworld to the sister-world...? Kirney noted absently as she scrolled through the list. Corellia was a populous system, and even with the growing stricture of the newly-empowered Diktat, there was still enough work for the hundreds of small and mid-level freighters to make a good living. Agri-exchanges tended to pay scale, but at least they weren?t usually subject to piracy or tariff difficulties.

Selonia-Ithor: three passengers; nineteen kilos musical instruments; twenty-five empty crates Kirney wrote that one off right away, their requested arrival time was at the edge of her little ship?s velocital range, and she hated running half-full: those empty crates took up a lot of room. Ship today, receive Secondday.

Centrepoint-Jimmias: one thousand kilos raw fibre. Ship today, receive Secondday. This caught her eye, and it took her a minute to figure out why. The dimensions of those empty crates would be just about right to pack and ship a thousand kilos of clothfibre from Centrepoint... maybe she should rethink those Selonian musicians.

?Tonin, can you give me a map showing the route to Ithor via Jimmias, or another nearby system??

The R2 unit whistled an affirmative at her, drawing up several alternatives. If she got the shipments, she could use the crates to carry the fibre to Jimmias, reload the crates and deliver them to Garqi, with only a sixhour delay for offloading and reloading. Furthermore, another system of interest was only a double jump away, and Kirney smiled to herself. A plan in mind, she quickly placed her bids and stipulations, and was pleasantly surprised by their immediate acceptance.

?I guess those musicians really need to get to Ithor!? she chuckled

8. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    COOL! COOLCOOLCOOL!

I can't quite expound the way D does on my work, but I definately enjoy this peek into Lara/Gara/Kirney's new life.

9. jaina_fan

jaina_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
  10. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Yeah!!! there was a post!!!!

To The Top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :)

11. jaina_fan

jaina_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
  12. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To the Top!!!!!

Post when you get a chance!!! :)

13. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, no, I ordered the wrong book from Amazon! I got #5, the beginning of Wraith Squadron, and I was very disappointed that only Myn was in it, and not Lara! *runs back to Amazon*

14. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Lara is mention in the first book, kinda. I better shut up before i spoil the seris. Don't mind me. I'm not here...

TO THE TOP!!!!!

15. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    *grabs book* Where? And what do you mean, kinda? Mentioned you are, or mentioned you are not, there is no "kinda".

16. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    You'll have to read all three to find out :p hehehehe

TO THE TOP!!!!!

17. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    up to the top with ye!

18. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!

19. Wraith

Wraith Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2000
    Nonononooooo!!!! Not only UP!

Better is: GO ON and give us some more of that brilliant story.

20. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    Please go on!!! please? please? please? please?

21. jaina_fan

jaina_fan Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2001
  22. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    no post :(

To The Top!!!!

23. Ktulu666

Ktulu666 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    darn, first time dropping in here...pretty good story....just finished reading Solo command today and was wondering what happened, we can now have a take on that

please finish it for our enjoyment :)

24. Ktulu666

Ktulu666 Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2001
    Please post more, or tell us the story is to stay unfinished :(

25. Stranded in space

Feb 13, 2000
    To The Top!!!!!
    :(