main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Hey
    I got an A in Financial Accounting and a B in statistics - does that rate an episode PLEASE
    Reb

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    That sounds like an awful lot of numbers *yuck*

;)

3. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    OK it's been a month since I last posted. And still no new post!

oh well, it's worth the wait. I'll just move this up to the first page again.

*green_eyes*

4. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Yes, it was a whole lotta numbers and I had to know what they meant and where they belonged and why.......I know why I am not an accountant
    Reb

5. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Wow! Derisa won first place in the Summer FanFic Challenge, the theme being "building bridges"! Way to go, Derisa!!!

You can find her winning entry entitled General Reconstruction in THIS thread, as the last entry submitted for Beyond The Saga. If you like Wedge Antilles, you'll like this. :)

- Rani

6. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Wonderful! I loved the story!
    Reb

7. Stoked1984

Stoked1984 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2004
    no story in about 2 months, and no post of any kind in a month. looks like this fic is dead. RIP.

8. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    DO NOT LET THIS FANFIC DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anakin is alreday gone NO MORE
    Reb

9. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    The story isn't dead. It isn'tr even on hiatus. This story will only end when it has ended, and not before. keep yer britches on people. I'm busy trying to kickstart my creative impulses, okay?

*Derisa*

10. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Well in my case the hot weather has sent my ideas and my inspiration on a vacation to the beaches of Spyra ... maybe they have met yours, Derisa? ;)

11. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    I know what you mean about creative juices. I have a wild plot bunnie in my head that might get let out once I get my laptop.....can I send grapes?
    Reb
    with a A in Financial Accounting
    with a B in Statistics
    with a B in Chenistry

Woo hoo

12. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    ::has officially re-read this story::

Nice to see not much has changed while I was on hiatus.

OH WAIT. That IS a bad thing.

UP.

13. green_eyes

Apr 20, 2004
    I just thought I would check in a see if everyone was still here. I hope the inspiration hits you soon Derisa.

*green_eyes*

14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Well, you must be the lucky 100th caller, green_eyes cuz, OMG, it's a post!

It has taken me a while and at least three drafts to get me out of the corner I'd written myself (and poor Myn) into, but I did it, at long last. Due in no small part to Rani Veko's encouragement, computer time and understanding, (not to mention her generous download of good writing music: remember kids, TLAP Day is just around the corner...) the post is here and complete, Double the length mine usually are. Hope it meets with your expectations. :)

This post is dedicated to one of the fallen: Kevin Simeniski, known here on the boards as Talon Squad Leader. He was a good man, taken far too young, who maintained his cheer and courtesy through some very intense personal and physical challenges. His example serves to inspire even though he is no longer with us. Clear skies General, you are missed. @};-

*Derisa*

Purpose seemed to have a powerful effect on men of action, and a just cause even more so, Myn reflected as he made his way back to the temporarily renamed [i]Stolen Future[/i]. Axel?s proffered assistance, and even his insistence upon keeping Myn himself out of the loop as far as where he was placing those in danger had served to reassure Myn that contrary to how he?d felt at the start, he wasn?t alone in this situation anymore.

That realization was a huge relief to the young Corellian. Not that Kirney and her crew didn?t count, but she had a few things of her own to sort out, and since helping him had had such a negative effect on her, he was very reluctant to place her anywhere near this current mess. He knew he?d partly created the problems with his clumsy mishandling of things to this point. Whatever her eventual decision as to her self and identity, Myn didn?t want her further entangled in this particular web than she had already become.

But Axel Drey was another story entirely. The veteran was a man of resources, once he?d hauled himself back out of the bottle he?d been diligently exploring for so long. It felt so good to know he wasn?t alone in this crusade in which he?d embroiled himself. It felt even better to the young man to know he?d helped out a fellow survivor of Corellia?s constant internecine wars, to get a better grip on his life.

It had been a while since he?d felt it, but he didn?t hesitate to identify the lightness of spirit he was experiencing. Hope beat a happy tattoo in his heart. If he could truly leave Axel in charge of the matter, he might even be able to actually enjoy the rest of his leave, with the woman with whom he had such a powerful and indefinable connection.

As he turned the corner back onto the main street, the hairs on the back of his neck prickled, but there was no sign of any pursuit or surreptitious tail, and, after a careful check, he told himself he was just being paranoid. Still, he made a concerted effort not to look in the direction of the tapcaf where he?d spent so much time upon his return to Corellia?s streets. Had he glanced towards the Crater, he might not have missed the sinister silhouette of the large, black, expensive-looking speeder, its windows and front screen shaded so as to hide the identity of the passengers and pilot.

He had no warning beyond that vague sense that not all was as it should be, but before he could check his six, he was struck across the back of the head with what felt like a durasteel pipe and went down. The last thing he saw, before a cloth bag obscured his already fogging vision, was the speeder he?d previously missed sliding up to the curb. The door opened with a near silent hiss before it had even completely halted, and a pair of distinctly CorSec boots stepped out and onto the pavement beside his head.

Myn felt hope fall away into darkness.

Just as Kirney disconnected from the call with the sludge reporter, her commlink went off again. She heaved a sigh, but signaled Tonin to patch it through his comm array anyway.

?Kirney. Problem,? K

15. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Oooh...Sithspawn is correct, Mr. Antilles.

And yay!!! A post!!!! PARTY!! :D

16. green_eyes

Apr 20, 2004
    I don't know what I said that made you post, but YAY! I'm so glad you posted.

"Sithspit" Wedge didn't think about Wes recognizing Lara. What is Wes going to think?

Great post! I really hope your writers block is over and that your muse has returned full force.

Can we look forward to another post anytime soon?

Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you!

*green_eyes*

17. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    i'm quivering over here... would it be bad if i said "more more more more more more more more!!!!"?

glad you're comin back full-, heck, even half-force! :D

-b-

18. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    *finishes her marathon reading* Wow, awesome story so far, I really love it! I'm too tired to say anymore right now, but i can't wait to read more!!!

:Targeter:

19. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    I get back from Germany for three days, and what happens? There's a post! :D

Had he glanced towards the Crater, he might not have missed the sinister silhouette of the large, black, expensive-looking speeder, its windows and front screen shaded so as to hide the identity of the passengers and pilot.

Nicht sehr gut.

He had no warning beyond that vague sense that not all was as it should be, but before he could check his six, he was struck across the back of the head with what felt like a durasteel pipe and went down.

Jeedai! :p

In the meantime, Derrek let Jynna know where they were going, then came outside to throw the protective cover off of his speeder. He slung a long leg over the side and into the driver?s seat, keying in the start-up sequence, then gestured over Kirney?s shoulder to the near side wall of the workshop that housed the speeder, ?Get that down for me, will you??

She looked up to see a blackened case, with a battered CPD logo on the side of it. She raised an eyebrow, but pulled the thing down and stowed it under the passenger seat where Derrek directed her. As she did, Tonin slid alongside the vehicle and maglocked himself to the side, right in front of the port engine cowling.

Hehee... why do I have a feeling that we're about to get a demonstration of genetic traits? :confused: [face_mischief]

?This is an urgent one-way message to haunt a fellow Corellian, even if he is a rogue expatriate. Boss, your man needs you. He?s run afoul of local authorities: I?m on my way to find him: meet me at that crater just inside the crown?s circle. Bring some ghosts or some other rascals with you if you can spare them: I think it might be a hot little party. I?ll accept whatever you decide. Out.?

:cool:

I likesees. :D

He replayed the message, deciphered the veiled meaning behind her words: for ?rogue? and ?rascal?, she meant Rogue, for ?ghost? and ?haunt?, she meant Wraith. The ?local authorities? must meant Corellian Security or Corellian Planetary defence, not Imperial forces? the ?crown?s circle? was obviously Coronet City?s spaceport, well known for the ring-like port authority building that housed the passenger accessways and lounges. The ?crater? had him lost, but there was enough he understood to be willing to play that part by ear. And her closing comment, echoing the close of her letter to Myn after her desertion: ?I?ll accept whatever you decide.? It was Lara all right.

Aye. And, of course, a coronet is actually 'a small crown worn by princes and princesses and by other nobles below the rank of sovereign' as well... :D :-B

?Just filing the report, Two. Stand by,? Wedge lied. His decision made, he drew in a breath, mentally singling out a couple of pilots from the formation. Ooryl would have to remain behind for the conspicuousness of his appearance. As for the others, he wouldn?t take the replacement pilots on an unauthorized mission of this nature, and if they were going groundside, the one experienced Rogue who might be the most helpful would also be the greatest liability to them. He needed to find something to occupy the usually suspicious Corran Horn until their return: a short stint of command would serve that purpose. Giving Gavin some extra responsibilities as Corran?s second-in-command might improve the young man?s leadership skills as well, something Wedge had been meaning to get to soon anyway.

:eek: No Corran? Why? You think he would turn her in? :confused: I don't think he would... perhaps you've been reading Deception too much... [face_plain] :p

And no Ooryl? Definately Deception... ;)

But... well. Let's look at the roster, shall we?

Rogue One: Wedge Antilles
    Rogue Two: Tycho Celchu
    Rogue Three: Wes Janson
    Rogue Four: Derek 'Hobbie' Kilivian

One flight is pretty much set in stone, if it's only those four that go. Now...

Rogue Five: Gavin
    Rogue Six: ?
    Rogue Seven: Inyri Forge?
    Rogue Eight: ?

Rogue Nine: Corran Horn
    Rogue Ten: Ooryl Qryyg
    Rogue Eleven: Vurulf?
    Rogue Twelve: Gh

20. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *Ouch!*

Certain people do have a talent for getting themselves into trouble. [face_worried]

21. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Great post, Derisa. I'm taking you camping as a reward. ;)

Thank you for dedicating this to TSL. I think Kevin would have been touched, as I believe he admired your writing a great deal.

@};- Rest peacefully, Kevin. @};-

22. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Great post, Derisa and thanks for the dedication. I look forward to reading more.

Yar!

23. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Wonderful Marvelous!
    I knew......
    I can hardly wait for more - but I will
    Reb

24. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    ::nudges up::