main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Huh? :eek:

*holds out arm* Could someone please pinch me? I thought I saw a post by Derisa ... ;)

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    You did, Thor. a story post, moreover. :p

Thanks for continuing to read, after all this time.

3. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ya know ... there's not much to choose from (reading-wise) if you decided to ignore any "NJO-and-beyond" stuff for ... um ... inherent plot stupidy of the so-called pro-fics:rolleyes:

;)

4. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Wow
    This is great
    I'm so glad this will come round!
    Yeah
    Reb

5. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    This is my first time reading a fanfic and it is totally amazing! other than that, words cannot describe:).

6. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    great job!

This is a brilliant story i'm really glad its continuing

7. LaraNotsilMynDonos

LaraNotsilMynDonos Jedi Youngling

Aug 3, 2005
    ohhh that was awwesoome!! an im late seeing it again daamn! loved it again!! more moore mooore pleaaassee!! :D

8. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    This is a really good fic, and I'm glad it is still being updated!:)

9. Fels_Hammer

Fels_Hammer Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2004
    Glad to see this story again.
    Could you come back again soon? :)

10. Ryorin

Ryorin Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2008
    I just read through all of this in the past day and a half and I have to say: Whoohoo!:D

An X-Wing fanfic! About Myn and Lara! By a Firefly fan! Not my research paper could smother my joy...:D

This is really well written, Derisa! And I love the interactions between Tonin and Ket- I mean, Kolot. Ewoks and droids just go together well for some reason.;)

Please do continue working on this, even just a bit at a time! [face_praying] [face_batting]

11. Wraith_13

Wraith_13 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2009
    I read the X-Wing books recently and went looking for a fic about Lara and Myn, finding this one.

I read it the last couple of days and signed up to say that it's really nice and well-written. :)

12. KirneySlane22

KirneySlane22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    Hey, Derisa, Can we get an update please? I miss this story.
    Kir

13. jphendren

jphendren Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2009
    Hey Derisa,

Just wanted to say thank you for all the years of story writing. I absolutely loved all the Rogue/Wraith squadron stories, and was particularly enamoured of the Lara/Myn storyline in solo command. Some years ago i stumbled across your story, and have been hooked ever since. In fact i just recently finished re-reading Solo Command and felt the urge to de-lurk and see if there had been any updates, of which i found two!! To express my appreciation I had to create a brand new account, as i couldn't remember which username or e-mail i'd left the last one as ...

Once again, thank you for all your hard work.

P.S. up!! :D

14. Fels_Hammer

Fels_Hammer Jedi Master

Apr 11, 2004
    More please?

15. KirneySlane22

KirneySlane22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2003
    I miss this story. Will you be updating any time soon? (hint hint)

Kir

16. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Well, it has been forever since I read this.

I figured I'd post to so I can access the thread easier. Though it is nice to know that the Classic board still has some life in it after all these years. I remember fondly the 'great experiment' that was a split-era board. All is still going strong I see.

Great addidtions Derisa!

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Blaster fire is actually usually remarkably clean, for a burn. The heat of the bolts tends to cauterize, especially when the hit is in a fleshy area. The exception is when the bolt hits centrepoint on an organ. In those situations, the concentration of fluids in most organ tissue superheats and expands, causing the organ to rupture, which causes almost instant death. No bacta patch is going to fix that. Even as the call went out for a medic, Janson knew it was too late for his companion.

Axel Drey had died as he had lived: a warrior. His hand was still clenched around the butt of his blaster, and his eyes were still wide, locked now on a target no one else in the room could see. The small wound on his chest oozed burned blood, the remnants of a soldier?s heart.

Janson was frozen and didn?t feel Hobbie?s hand on his shoulder. It wasn?t until the Ewok at his other side knelt at Axel?s head and gently, reverently closed his eyes, that Wes could feel himself breathe. The man had died within arm?s reach, and even for a battle-hardened pilot, that was a shock.

He stood up, holstering his weapon by force of habit, and looked over to meet Wedge?s eyes. As the order for a medic was belayed, Janson shook his head, his glance suddenly dropping to the Ewok, only to find his gaze returned by a pair of small, beady black eyes.

?This is a joke, right?? he asked Hobbie. Before his wingman could reply, the diminutive sentient growled and kicked Janson in the shin. ?Ow! What in the hell-?

?Now it funny,? the Ewok stated darkly as he waddled away, ?Now it a joke.?

Several CorSec vehicles had rounded up the stragglers and were taken them into custody, as Myn could see from his perch on the rooftop. He saw the wounded individuals being given rudimentary treatment and then being loaded into medivac floaters, under restraints and overseen by guards wearing the regular black and green. The oversight of a sleek black luxury vehicle was apparent as it cruised to a stop at the cross of the alley and the side street of the Crater?s corner.

As soon as the street was clear, Myn headed was down the levels and across the street, his rifle slung over his shoulder by the support strap. He reached Kirney as she hit street level, and could not conatin his rush of relief, sweeping her into his arms and just holding her. She didn?t fight, she didn?t move, just melted into him, and suddenly all was right with the Galaxy. They stood for several minutes, just breathing together.

?Sorry to interrupt,? Myn?s uncle Derek said softly behind them, ?but we have some interesting company.?

Myn let Kirney slide out of his arms, but retained a grip on her waist as they both turned to face the new arrival.

Rostek Horn, looking dapper in dark blue, gave Myn a single nod of thanks. ?Good work son. We have what we need,? he gestured behind him, where the officer who?d thrown down his weapon was being helped into a waiting transport, his wrists bound by a restraining field. ?The Lieutenant has agreed to fully co-operate.?

Myn glanced up as he saw the movement coming from the Crater?s front door. Rithkin Larsen stepped out into the last of the evening light, squinting. He was grabbed by the upper arm and man-handled towards a waiting transport when the Director looked back to see Myn?s face stiffen. ?You know that man??

?Officer Larsen, Sir. He was with me when the firing started, on the street two days back.? He stopped when he saw the next figures that exited the tapcaf. Kolot was first, followed by the impish face of Wes Janson, looking thoroughly stunned; Hobbie, seeming to enjoy Janson?s discomfiture; his squad leader Wedge Antilles, whose arm sheltered the shivering figure of Orine; followed at the last by Tycho Celchu, as always, Wedge?s permanent wingman.

Wedge immediately approached the arresting officer and wearing authority like a mantle, countermanded the arrest orders. The officer shrugged apologetically, and directed Wedge?s attention to Myn?s group, standing just across the side street. The Rogue commander abandoned Orine to Tycho?s care

Fels_Hammer likes this.
  18. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *rubs eyes in disblief*

Is that :eek: ... Nah, that can't be. I've got to be hallucinating. Too much Caf for sure.8-} There can't be an update to this. *waves @ Derisa*

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    reposting this as I edit each post in the Beyond the Saga forum. adding art, too! :)

[image=http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e391/filidhe/LastChanceCover.jpg]

20. TychusHowlrunner

TychusHowlrunner Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2010
    Created an account just to delurk and let you know how awesome of a job you've done. I've been following this thread on and off for years, abandoning it for a couple of months only to find it again in my bookmarks and read all the story posts since the last. Still has me riveted, even if I'm not sitting here clicking refresh every half hour.

To me, it seems more satisfying finding a post even when I'm not really looking for one. Please keep *up* the good work.

P.s. In case you didn't catch it, *up up up UP*