main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I'm trying to decided whether she's a good guy or a bad guy!

*claps hands*
    (Praise for shirtless Myn :D )

It was very well-written, as always, post more soon!

2. Phoenix_Sabakuno

Phoenix_Sabakuno Jedi Youngling

Aug 17, 2002
    I always hoped that something more would happen between Myn and Lara.
    I can't wait to see what happens next.

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    *More praises and wolf-whistles for the shirtless Myn Donos!*

I enjoyed that scene. :)

Now...where's Kirney??? :D

- Rani

4. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Great story!!! :)

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    many thanks you guys, and huge kudos to my very capable beta-reader, Rani Veko, who can with only a few short minutes, tweak a post from being decent to something pretty good, with just a few replacements of words, or breaking up of overly-long sentences. Thanks, babe!

For the rest of you... here's a posty-post! And as requested, it's about Kirney!

*Derisa*

The ship?s alarm woke Kirney, alerting her that reversion to real-space was imminent. The trip had been uneventful, although there?d been an altercation when the Bith musicians coming from Selonia had protested her side-trip to Jimmias and her use of their crates to ship the raw clothfibre, but she?d quickly made her point about being able to afford taking them as passengers by supplementing the trip with the second cargo.

Other than that, there?d only been one other small incident, when one of the Bith had patted Kolot on the head as he went by. The little co-pilot, his dignity quite offended, had bitten the musician on the hand for his temerity, and his unfortunate victim had needed his hand bathed in antibiotic ointment. The Bith had made some noise about compensation, but after Kirney reminded them she had warned them before they came aboard not to touch her diminutive co-pilot, he withdrew his complaint.

She was quite pleased to find the Star-Wise Drunks turned out to be a decent group of musicians, and their band name made her smile, thinking of the team she?d flown with in the NR, particularly Face and Ton. In memory of her time with the Wraiths, she made herself the band?s firm friend by purchasing a copy of each of their recordings.

When she slid into the narrow confines of the cockpit, the control panel lights were dimmed in deference to Kolot?s superb night vision. Her furry co-pilot grunted a greeting, and made to shift control of the ship over to her, the artificial hand on the end of his prosthetic pilot?s aid hovering over the access knob, when she shook her head.

?No reason you can?t bring us in, Ko?,? she said easily. She grinned at the questioning look in Kolot?s eyes, but he shrugged and moved his hand over to the comm unit instead. Kirney swept her hair up into her habitual ponytail and slid the headset into place, even as the starlines outside the cockpit shortened and diminished back into individual pinpoints of light.

As Kolot brought the ship around into an approach vector, Kirney signalled to Ithor their arrival, and transmitted her shipping codes to the jungle world?s central computer.

?[i]Stolen Future[/i] hold your current geo-synch, Mawrl HerdCity will intersect, ? she was informed. They would be in orbit for six hours awaiting the nearest window to dock with the Star-Wise Drunks? destination herd-city, which gave Kirney a chance to scan for a possible shipment to take back towards Corellia.

Their passengers debarked without a problem, and [i]Stolen Future[/i] took delivery of a small shipment of rare seeds to be delivered to the Corellian Plant Enthusiasts, an exclusive club on the outskirts of Coronet City. They were on their way in a matter of a few short hours. With no deadline on when they were to deliver their cargo, Kirney recalled her intention to make a quick side-jaunt for the sake of her co-pilot as she and Tonin plotted their jump course home, and called Kolot over the comm to come and consult with them.

The cramped lounge seemed positively spacious without the band that had been occupying every spare niche for the duration of the trip from Selonia to Ithor. Kolot came toddling in, his paws wrapped around two mugs of caf, his own and Kirney?s. Tonin beeped a jesting complaint that the Ewok had not brought him a refreshment, and then was treated to a long and vociferous sampling of all the cursewords Kolot had learned in captivity. The feisty R2 gave a single, rude blat in response.

Kirney laughed, and Kolot echoed her mirth with a heartfelt grin as he scrambled up onto the bench beside her. He stood on the bench and leaned over the charts that showed a few of their travel op

6. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    liked that post!

Myn and Lara are going to run into each other, right?

7. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    So there really is an Ewok pilot out there! And if he bites, at least nobody's going to be wearing him as a swimsuit! :D Great details!

8. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Aww! Poor Kolot, all alone in the galaxy like Piggy. Great post! :)

9. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Cool, Kolot rules!!! Yub Yub!

10. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    Another great post! :D Your characterizations are right on! Can't wait for the next post.

11. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
  12. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Poor Kolot!

It was a very nice post, and I liked the references made to the Wraiths! The band name was funny.

Post more soon! :D

13. Admiral_Lelila

Sep 29, 2001
    I finally caught up.
    Very humorous and yet very sad for Kolot.

14. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    I've been wondering what ever happened to the two of them
    Up
    Up
    More please
    !!!
    Reb

15. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I want some more, please!

:D

16. Captain_Yossarian

Captain_Yossarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
  17. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    loveed it loved it loved it [face_love] [face_love]

great posts

the Admiral

18. Captain_Yossarian

Aug 6, 2002
  19. Captain_Yossarian

Aug 6, 2002
  20. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Up Please - love this!
    Reb

21. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Ok, I do like this couple and I hope they appear in the NJO - Up and more of this tale please!!
    Reb

22. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Up!!!
    post more soon?

23. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Derisa!!
    Please Post
    thanks
    Reb

24. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Wow! of all my stories, I never figured this one for such a huge readership. :)

Well, I intend to put in some work on a post this evening, and maybe have it ready for posting tomorrow, once the beta goddess has had a chance to slice and dice it. :) Can you wait till then? :)

*Derisa*

25. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    I speed the muses your way and I will even check the boards this weekend!
    Up
    Up
    REb