main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Chance: Myn and Lara >New Year, new posts, and yes, the end is nigh<

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Now what possible reason could Orine have for following a handsome, single man? But something tells me it's not just because he's handsome and single. Will Myn be able to help her? Does she really need help, or is this all a trap?

Excellent writing as usual, Derisa! Very descriptive.

2. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Up you go my dear.

3. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    My Dear
    MORE PLEASE!!
    Reb

4. Lucid_Lady

Lucid_Lady Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 28, 2002
    I agree with everyone who thinks there aren't enough Myn and Lara stories. Keep it up Derisa because it's a good story.

5. WRAITH_LEADER

Sep 16, 2002
    Up, Up, UP, Up, We want more . Hurry!

6. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  7. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    UPPPPPPERS!!!

8. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    upsies..more soon?

-JSD

9. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Más! Más!

10. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Found your link on another item of great fiction \
    More!
    REb

11. Captain_Yossarian

Captain_Yossarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2002
    More, More :)

*hopefully soon*

12. WRAITH_LEADER

Sep 16, 2002
    Up * Patiently waits for next post*

13. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Myn is becoming such a vibrant charachter and I can't wait to hear from Lara!
    More please
    Reb

14. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
  15. neila_nuruodo

neila_nuruodo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 3, 2002
  16. Lucid_Lady

Sep 28, 2002
    more please!!

17. EwokPrincess97

EwokPrincess97 Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    EXCELLENT!!! Always wanted to read more on these two characters, I love them!!
    UP!!

18. Aroa

Aroa Jedi Master star 1

Oct 16, 2001
  19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    [psychic]Hmmmhmmmhmmm...I predict...a new post tonite...hmmmhmmmhmmhmhm[/psychic]

;)

20. Lucid_Lady

Sep 28, 2002
    Up so people can actually find this.

21. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Sorry it's late, Stackie! (Y'know, there's this pilot part of my personality that goes by the handle 'Stack"... you and he might need to have words... :) )

The beta-goddess has been very busy driving me and my kids to parks to watch the salmon spawning and stuff so this post is unbetaed and likely, once she has had a look at it, revised it and spanked me violently for my temerity in posting without her prior approval, it will be repost4ed with some changes. But I can't leave you guys hanging without something to tide you over. So here's the raw post, and I will think of you when my beloved beta is punishing me in cruel and unusual ways. :)

*Derisa*

EDIT: Beta-read and edited: all hail Rain Veko, Beta Goddess! ("...Besides, the new one is much better...")

*D*

Once he had noted down the oddity of Orine?s behaviour, Myn focussed on his chosen tasks for the day, namely shopping for a few things, and gathering more data for his investigation of the corruption of Corellia?s security corps.

Thus it was that he found himself choosing a streamlined design military boot from the selection at a cobbler shop that Rij had recommended to him very highly. He eyed the selection, and remembered the scuffs and dings that marred the finish of the nerfhide boots he wanted to replace with this purchase.

?Colour, sir?? the wizened older man seated behind the bench asked.

?Black, preferably.?

?And what size should I make them??

?Men?s ten and a half,? Myn stated, recalling the label on the inside of the boot as it stood on his commanding officer?s desk, like some lonely sentinel tower.

?What size, Officer?? the cobbler asked again, glancing down at Myn?s small feet in disbelief. The young Corellian grinned, shaking his head at the assumption. ?They?re not for me,? he informed the cobbler. ?They?re a gift for... a friend.?

The grizzled shop owner gave a shrug of acknowledgement. ?Alright. Sign here.? He slid the datapad and a stylus over the counter towards Myn. ?You can pick ?em up in a day or two. Usual ?discount? for CorSec.? There was something in the way he said ?discount? that distracted Myn?s attention.

?No, wait,? Myn caught him before he could slip into the workshop that adjoined the little stall. ?There?s no ?discount? necessary. Listen, I?m conducting a little investigation...?

The bootmaker was reluctant at first, but as Myn made it clear he was determined to fix the problem, the craftsman eventually proved most helpful to Myn?s investigation. When he left the shop, Myn had a complete list of dates, times and rough amounts in creds or merchandise the extortionists had collected, and an introduction at the bootmaker?s cousin?s clothing store just down the street. He decided to stop in there and ask for her corroboration of the details the cobbler had given him, as well as permission to send internal investigators her way. He lacked names of offending security officers, and hoped she might be able to help him in that regard.

The clothing shop was unlike anything Myn had seen before. Growing up in one of the more remote small towns of Corellia, his exposure to fashion had been minimal, just the flimsi posters for design houses, or the occasional advertisement in local magazines, all of them directed at women. To step into a shop full of fine clothing, designed and made for men, was a new experience for the pilot.

The shop was empty but for two other men, immersed in a quiet discussion near the till at the back of the store. Standing behind the till was a pretty older woman, who vectored straight for him. ?Ah, Sir, please, let me help you!? She gave the comm unit in her breast pocket significant pat as she glanced up at him, the gesture sheilded from the eyes of the store?s other occupants, and Myn nodded his understanding: she?d already received the call from her cousin, and was up-to-date on Myn?s investigation.

?Good afternoon,? he said politely, surreptitiously eyeing the two men at the back of the shop: they were probably the reason she was being so circumspect. ?

22. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    It's a good thing I check this story every so often, otherwise I might have missed this post, as you haven't updated the "Updated on Talk Like a Pirate Day" part of the title.

Myn's buying boots for Wedge? How nice! And how clever of him to remember the man's size just from one glimpse. And The Complete Ewok? I think I can guess who that is for! <g>

Boy, sounds like this corruption is widespread! I'm glad Myn is trying to combat it as much as he can; I just hope that none of the wrong people find out that Myn is after them, and that they don't try to lure him into a trap by telling him false tales of extortion.

I wonder how Lara or Gara or Kirney or whatever her name is now will fit into all of this.

24. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Yeah Yeah !
    A great post - now, lets see how the other half is doing and get them togerther. (With that gorgeous blue shirt - they could meet at the cleaners.....
    He he
    Thanks for the post
    Reb

25. Lucid_Lady

Sep 28, 2002
    Ok kids lets recap what we learned today. ;)
    1)Wedge has size 10 1/2 feet
    2)Myn has small feet for a guy
    3)Wes is going to have to find time to learn more about his obsession

Oh and don't feel bad about giving us the raw post, Derisa: 1)I only found one mistake and 2)I always give a raw post(no beta for me :( )