main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last in Command - Darksaber AU ending

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Katana_Geldar, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Author: Katana_Geldar
    Genre: AU vignette
    Time set: 12 ABY (During Darksaber)
    Summary: What should have happened aboard the Knight Hammer when Daala raided the Jedi praxeum on Yavin IV but didn?t.
    Disclaimer: This is partly based on the writings of Kevin J. Anderson, I really hope he reads this as he doesn?t know how to write a good ending.

Admiral Daala could only stand and watch as the Rebel fleet attempted to escape the fire of her flag-ship the [i]Knight Hammer [/i] and the surrounding [i]Victory[/i]-class star destroyers. They were hopelessly outgunned, even the Mon Calamari cruiser was shortly away to being crushed into useless steel.

The only question remaining on her mind was where in space Pellaeon and his fleet had gone. The sooner they were here the better and then the Rebels would be finished.

?Admiral!? Daala turned to see a red-faced lieutenant running towards her. ?We have located Vice-Admiral Pellaeon.?

Daala gave the lieutenant her full attention. ?Where??

?They are on the edge of the Yavin system,? reported the lieutenant.

Daala stared. ?What are they doing [i]there[/i]?? she demanded. ?They suffer engine problems? All at [i]once[/i]??

?That?s harder to explain, Admiral,? confessed the lieutenant, ?apparently the Jedi Knights somehow used their sorcery to hurl them out of the system. Vice-Admiral Pellaeon regrets that he cannot increase his speed and it may be days before he arrives.?

?It matters little, Lieutenant,? said Daala, flexing her fingers in satisfaction. ?By the time Pellaeon arrives we shall be celebrating our victory.?

Before she had finished speaking an immense explosion almost knocked her off her feet, power went out and the bridge crew were thrown onto the floor. Daala bit he lip as she got to her feet.

?What was that?? she asked, angrily staring into the red emergency lights that lit the bridge. ?I want the power back and a status report [i]now[/i]!?

One of the bridge crew that was not unconscious managed to give her a report. ?Admiral there are numerous explosions in the engine compartments,? he reported, ?several hull breeches, our propulsion chambers are wrecked, life-support failing?? He turned to look at Daala with a pale expression. ?We?re on fire, Admiral.?

?Where was this explosion?? Daala demanded.

?The rear bomber bay,? he replied, then continued the read out, ?toxic and radioactive waste is pouring into the habitable decks, how could have this happened??

Daala closed her eyes, there was only one way something like this could have happened. ?Its direct sabotage,? she said, her eyes glowing dangerously.

One of the star-destroyers hailed her. ?[i]Knight Hammer[/i], please respond!? shouted the panicked commander. ?You?re ship is on fire, Admiral Daala.?

With a gloved finger she pressed communicator. ?Where is Colonel Cronus?? she asked. ?We need his assistance.?

?His ship has gone down, Admiral,? replied the commander.

A cold feeling invaded Daala?s thoughts, she turned to the lieutenant. ?How long until we can get repairs?? she demanded.

?Admiral, our engines are [i]gone[/i]!? he told her. ?This will take [i]months [/i] to repair!?

?No propulsion?? Daala asked.

?None! We?re drifting out of control!?

Daala turned back to the view of the red gas giant of Yavin. The [i]Knight Hammer[/i] was dragged from its initial course by the gravity of the gas giant. At the rate they were going?

?Check our course,? she said in a nervous voice, ?tell me if I?m wrong.?

The man stared at Daala before turning back to the console. ?We?re heading directly into the planet, Admiral,? he confirmed after a few minutes, ?unless we can get some power back soon there?s nothing in the Empire that will save us.?

Daala didn?t seem to hear him, she turned to see the growing numbers of Rebel ships tearing apart her fleet. The battle that had been going so well for her had turned within a matter of minutes and she knew there was nothing she could do.

Daala ground her teeth, she [i]would not[/i] give in, she [i]would not[

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.