main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Legends

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Ren Kenobi, Jan 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ren Kenobi

Ren Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2016
    Okay fans, here's the pitch:

Suppose 10 years from now, Disney (or whoever holds the rights at that point) commissions one last trilogy of novels, to bring the old Expanded Universe to a definitive conclusion. My question is: what would you like to see in those books? What pivotal or intriguing plot points would you like to see resolved and/or further explored? What are our favorite characters' ultimate fates, or at least the last that we know of them? Where should the focus lie--on Luke and Han and Leia, their families, the wider ensemble of the EU as a whole? Should the story lead us up to the Legacy comics, or allude to them, or ignore them altogether? And who should write it?

In my grander moments, I'd like to see the Star Wars apocalypse. The galaxy far far away is actually, finally coming to an end, and the Jedi must guide the people of the galaxy into a brave new world, an exodus across the stars. I also wouldn't mind a deeper dive into Jacen's time traveling force powers: Jaina (or whoever) leading a journey across time to gather all our favorite characters from each era into a small team that must confront the ultimate evil at the heart of reality seems pretty cool. This is all kind of comic book-y though, and I wouldn't mind a smaller trilogy either, focusing on some minor interplanetary conflict that our heroes get involved with, and resolving all their personal arcs. I think Zahn could be a fine choice for this kind of trilogy.

So what would you like to see? I'd love to see full storyline pitches here, but stray thoughts and character insights are welcome as well. Or if not through novels, which other mediums could be better suited for the task--a comic series? A cartoon? A video game? And are there any other threads you've found that might be relevant to this topic? Please leave your thoughts and join the conversation.

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the last book, Awakening - a 29-year-old Shmi wakes up from a terrible, terrible nightmare and decides that she is just going to convert to the Church of Waru and live a life of service, hoping to never plunge the Galaxy into such darkness. :p

3. BeesInABar

BeesInABar Jedi Master star 1

Sep 20, 2015
    It's corny as all get out, but seeing as Dev Sibwarra was Luke's inaugural failure as a Jedi Master, I think it would be neat if Grandmaster Skywalker came across some sort of massive Ssi-Ruuk backup matrix that the Chiss and Vong had missed. The novel would be a small scale personal story of Luke finding a way to save what remained of Dev, and finally fulfilling his promise to train him. Because come on, deep down we all wanted a spiritual sequel to The Truce at Bakura. Even Rebels has a Quasar Fire now. You know you want it.

4. Silas Nightstalker

Silas Nightstalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2012
    A Force Unleashed type game set during the Vong war would be amazing. Also, I really want to see the Sword of the Jedi trilogy. I've never been the biggest fan of Jaina, considering that she tended to be just a little too cocky, but it'd be nice to see her arc come to a close.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    A game set during the Vong War would be the best thing ever. I'd like a soundtrack as well.
    More stories involving Jaina is needed.

6. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I want a follow up Comic to Legacy featuring Gar Stazi, Imperial Knights and Jedi wiping out the remaining Sith once and for all. I was disappointed when so many prominent Sith survived Legacy: War and Legacy P.2. It would be awesome to finally have the galaxy permanently free of Sith and governed effectively and peacefully by Admiral Stazi and Empress Fel.

spicer likes this.
  7. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    I'd like to see the true Sith - that is to say, as they were portrayed in KOTOR II, not the shoehorning into Vitiate's Empire of TOR - finally invade, the Immortal Gods of the Sith (led by Typhojem and the time-travelling ambiguously canonical Sith Lord Ku'ar Danar) awakening to bring an apocalypse down on the galaxy around 155 ABY. They consume horribly, necessitating the unthinkable to be done; travel back in time, to undo the events that led to their breaking free. These time travelling adventures conclude all unfinished threads, such as how the Big Three died and what happened in the Legacy era, and so on, and reboots the timeline from an IU perspective.

Zahn, Luceno and Pena to write a novel series, with an associated multimedia project akin to SotE or TFU; comics by Veitch, and a video game or two by Avellone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.