main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

last man standing

Discussion in 'Literature' started by WARMASTER, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WARMASTER

WARMASTER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2001
    Anyone could tell me the story of boba and solo in this book??
    I can't buy it in belgium!!!!
    THANK YOU

2. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    well.... Boba Fett is an old fart, he has an artificial leg due to the sarlacc incident, he got mandalorian armor from killing Jodo Kast, he brought in this guy, forget his name..bounty was 4 million credits, thinks about retiring, gets word that solo is gambling at this planet so Fett goes there to kill him. ends up killing the chick who summoned him instead on accident. Fett and solo shoot it out, end up pointing the gun at each other, decide to let each other go, end of story, lol, that's basically what happens. i liked bounty hunter wars trilogy more.

3. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Nope, Bounty Hunter Wars sucked. It ignored the characterizations laid forth in Tales of the Bounty Hunters. Last Man Standing gave Fett a more noble and interesting character.

4. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    i liked the way Boba Fett was shown in BHW. He was ruthless, I'm glad he was finally depicted as such. I doubt that boba, unless senile in his old age, would have let Han solo point a gun at him like he did in Last Man Staning.

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Personaly, I prefer the multi-faceted Boba fett we see in 'The Last Man Standing' or 'No Disintegrations, Please' (TftNR).

6. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    I thought LMS was a fairly weak story. It ruined Boba Fett's image for me. I read BHW before LMS and had gotten used to a really cold fett...reading Dengar's story and having Boba pretty much begging for his life at the end was so damn stupid. And LMS made him look like a fool. that's just my opinion though

7. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    i agree

8. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    I thought Last Man Standing was great.

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    LMS was awesome. I loved the ending, very remeniscant of a John Woo Heroic Bloodshed movie. You had the good bad guy (honourfull Bounty Hunter), and the bad good guy (reckless hero with an edge). Guns pointing at each other. Their respect for each other is seen. It was a great moment

10. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Yes, Last ONE Standing was great. Why doesn't Del Rey print anthologies, anyway?

11. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Last Man Standing was great. I liked No Disintegrations Please a little more, though.

12. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I loved Last Man Standing. I thought it brought some closure to the whole Han / Boba feud, and we got to see how it all began, too...which made it even better, imho.

13. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Last ONE Standing

14. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    I loved Last One Standing. The ending was actually a little moving.

To me it is the definitive Fett - whatever happens in the prequels or the BHW.

Yours

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I don't see why people are getting so worked up over the Kast thing. I'm sure that, once AOTC is out, there will be a HST type novel or comic that will tie all of Fett's many backstories together, from the new ATOC one, to the Mandalorains, Concord Dawn, Caridia, and then back to his bounty hunter years.

TC

16. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    noone's making a big deal about Kast... We're talking about how much TotBH make Fett look like a wuss compared to the badass he was in BHW lol :)

17. WARMASTER

WARMASTER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 2001
    a big thank to all of you!!!
    ps: is that true that fett has a "chat" with leia in this book??????

18. Joseph_Orion

Nov 9, 2001
    yeah, they give him Leia for the night but he just tells her to sleep and he kicks back and sleeps in the corner lol

19. UCLAJediMaster

UCLAJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2001
    if i am not mistaken in Last One Standing..

it begins at jabbas palace the night leia and chewie come in and leia frees han from the carbonite...

once leia is exposed as a fraud and is put into the gold bikini and made to lay at jabbas feet... jabba basically gives her to boba fett for "entertainment" for the night. Boba Fett is shown with a high degree of class and honor when he allows leia to keep her honor.

LOS is much much better than the bounty hunter debocles...

20. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I liked A Barve Like That better.

TC

21. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    I like the story, too. I have read the BHW only once, and may be reading it again soon. (But first there's SbS to read! Yay!) and like the LOS 'version' of Fett much more.

Ara
    (TOo busy to post long)

22. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i as well see Last Man Standing as the definative Fett......and to all who have read it, the source of my name on these boards should be clear...

in contrast to Last Man Standing.........bhw was overly long and needlessly existant imo......Fett showed no skill or class in that (i personaly refuse to call it a story in fear of degrading the term)...in the bhw...he was rather gabby...where in the movies he says 5 lines including the scream, and in the other novels, short storyies, and comics, he is cold without chatting needlessly.........in bhw for some unfathomable reason he felt compelled to divulge his plans in pages of dialoge...and in book one instead of showing some personal skill or tactical prowess or just some darn cool action trickery (as seen in No Disentigrations, Please) he simply brings in an assult team that survives simply because he had planted a bomb in the building a decade earlier......i could go on and on about other huge glaring problems and the barving repetaion or that barving word pair of kuat and barve...like how they were every other barving word in the sentances about kuat of kuat as he orbited kuat in kuat of kuat's kuat drive yards......i could indeed go on...but i shall not...i have wasted to much time already...and as everyone can see......i hate those books with a vengance......

Last Man Standing on the other hand i think was well done with a great ending, unavoidably though, that unfortunately has been since diminished by the appearance of han later than that date in the NJO...although no full conclusions could be drawn from it anyway...

No Disentigrations, Please i thought covered the action and relentless aspects of Fett quite well, although sometimes was a bit over the top......i did like its ending though...

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Last One Standing was awesome..definately one of the better depictions of Boba Fett. And the ending never says that they both let each other walk away from each other. Obviously Han survives. I don't think they'd kill Fett off either (afterall, isn't he the Mayor of Ser..sorry;;D), so my best guess is some other third party interrupts their confrontation (explosion maybe?), which gives Han (who probably knows better than to stick around) enough time to split. Or perhaps he thinks Fett died in the "explosion" or something.

>> where in the movies he says 5 lines including the scream<<

Actually 6, including the scream. You need to listen carefully, but just before the scream he shrieks "WHAT THE?!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.