1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NSW Last Minute Bladerunner Directors edition Meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Shadowfire, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadowfire Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry for the late notice peeps, I only found out about this 15 minutes ago.

I'm going to see the 6:30pm session at the Orpheum this coming Monday night at Cremorne. The Theatre is an easy 15 minutes by bus from the city if you're unsure where it is (catch the L80, 180, L90, 190 etc from Wynyard and get off just before the Spit Junction).

Tickets are $21

http://www.popcorntaxi.com.au/event.php?event_id=555
  2. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I saw, id really like to see this on the big screen, but Uni exams say otherwise!
  3. Shadowfire Force Ghost

star 4
    Uni exams?! Pah, exams aren't hard to pass at all.

If you miss this screening, you'll kick yourself in the future.
  4. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5
    Which is a really painful place to be kicked!
  5. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah I probably will, but having assignments due up until yesterday, and my exams are Wed/Thurs THIS week and with little to no chance to study, I'm kinda house bound for the next days. Blade Runner is, well, to be honest I'd really only be seeing it to see it on the big screen. The movie itself isn't all that crash hot (horribly paced, insane amounts of subtext for a single viewing), and studying it in year 12 killed it for me, but as far as seeing 80's movies back on the big screen. I'm there.
  6. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    How was it on the big screen?
  7. Shadowfire Force Ghost

star 4
    Wonderful.

The cinema had to install a state of the art camera (Sony 4k?) to show it and the movie seemed clearer than digital.

The movie seemed to have faster pacing as well, even though there were a few minor scenes which really helped to flesh out Deckard's character.

8. TheOzhaggis Force Ghost

star 5
  9. Scoot Force Ghost

star 4
    Great stuff! Any pacing increase in that movie would be awesome!
  10. Ki-Bara-Mundi Force Ghost

star 6
    That projector would have been the only reason I would have gone. By current HD standards, 4K resolution a massive amount of individual pixel real estate, I would have loved to have seen it in action.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.