main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last minute Halloween thing

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Well, we were trying to get a local video store to do a Star Wars promo, guy was keen on it, but Fox limited his copies of EPIII to only 40, and all of those were his preorders. So, we were resigned to a quiet night at home when suddenly we decided to go for sushi dinner in costume to downtown S.C. They closed down Pacific Avenue for the night to traffic, so it was busy with both young and older costumers. Only one decent Vader, guy just had no clue what to do when a Dark Jedi knelt before him. Found a few interested people, but mostly it was really not that much different from any other night in the capital of weirdness ;)

Got out just as the bars started getting wild.

Right now we're not looking for excitement, need some peace and quiet, so we're kind of staying off the radar and taking it easy.

When things get a bit less stressful we'll try to get together with the fun folks around here again.

/wave

Sid

2. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm so sorry to hear things are stressful, Sid. If there's anything that friends can do, even long-distance, to help...please PM me?

Boy, this is a lousy fall for so many people I know. I am sorry to hear you're among them and hope things improve soon.

- Kai

3. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    The SVRF had trouble finding a place for the ROTS release too. Eventually we just found a 24hr Wal Mart and hung out there for a couple hours waiting for the release. There were more people than we had expected, though I must say we had the best costumes. ;) Our Anakin is awesome and I went as a light Jedi. We took a big group shot with all of us with our dvds out front and I came home with the DVD and a heck of a cold...blah. Though it did give me a good excuse to call in sick and stay home to watch the movie. :D

4. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Yeah, majorly sucky night for us too. Mom was back in the hospital. (doing much much better today). So, hugs to everyone that had a sucky night..and lets do something in the near future to make it alllllll better!

Hugs to all

Master k

5. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Very glad to hear she's doing better, Master K. Wow. Come on universe, cut my friends a little slack, will ya?

- Kai

6. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm glad your mom is doing much better, Master K.
    Hugs to everyone (the benefit of online hugs, nobody gets my cold).

7. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Boy, everybody is getting the infamous autumn cold! *knocks on wood to stay safe*

- Kai, loving her immune system at the moment...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.