main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Minute June Activity

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Jedi_Noghri, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Noghri

Jedi_Noghri Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 2004
    This month we will be going to the Hansen Planetarium.

I wanted to make sure that everyone had lots of time to mark this on their schedules so I'm giving everyone an entire day's notice in advance. All kidding aside though, I am sorry about the short notice but this will be a great activity and I would love to have as many people show up as possible.

Marold has come into the possession of a few 2 for 1 tickets for the shows there so we have a great opportunity here. Unfortunately, the tickets do expire after the 30th so we do have to jump on this deal. I'll be posting the meeting place and time later and if anyone is interested, we could go to dinner before or after the Planetarium.

If you can make it, please reply here so we know who is coming.

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    That could be fun, but didn't the Hansen Planetarium close? Do you mean the Clark Planetarium?

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    I can be there, but I have the same question as saber. Still, it's been years since I've been, and I've always been curious about Clark Planetarium. I'd love to go!

4. Jedi_Angell

Jedi_Angell Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 23, 2004
    How much are tickets? We're a little short on funds at the end of the month....

5. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Hansen... Clark... whatever. It's a planetarium and we have five 2 for 1 tickets. It looks like the tickets are only about $5.00 for Matinee show times and $8.00 for evening show times.

http://www.clarkplanetarium.org/nowplaying.php

6. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Anything in the dome theater would be cool. "Black Holes," "Stars of the Pharohs," or "Ultimate Universe" would all be my kind of thing. :D

Anyone up for a specific time? I can make matinee or evening, but I want to consider the folks with kids (mine is with his dad this weekend).

7. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Ok everyone. We will be meeting at the entrance or just inside the entrance to the Clark Planetarium at 2:00 PM so that we can waste as much time as we want with all the cool stuff in the planetarium until the matinee showing of 'Dinosaurs 3D' at 2:45PM. I think we'll wait around the entrance for about ten to fifteen minutes for late comers to show up and at that point we'll go inside and start messing with all the fun nerdy stuff. If you don't see anyone in the entrance after 2:20, go inside and you'll find us around somewhere. We'll be the ones having the most fun. Also, if you just want to be there for the show, we'll be at the show about ten minutes early so you can find us there. If you decide to not show and make an excuse later, thats ok too but you'll miss out on a great activity. I'm personally looking forward to seeing everyone again and discovering what kind of fun surprises are in the planetarium. I've heard it's pretty cool.

So, to sum it all up:

Clark Planetarium

2:00 PM Meeting in the entrance

2:45 viewing Dinosaurs 3D: Giants of Patagonia

All the time before, in between and afterwards is for socializing and mischiefizing

See you there.

8. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    wow... someone else that's up as late as me. :)

9. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    You think I'm gonna sleep after I just bought a Wii? HA!

Oh wait.... I rarely go to bed before 3AM anyway

10. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Right now it's looking like we've got:

Jedi_Noghri
    Marold (and maybe a friends)
    Jedi_Angell
    Kitty_Pounce
    Kreleia
    and maybe Saberwielder76

Any other takers?

11. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    I is wuss. I made it to the Planetarium after the movie had started, so I hung around until it was over hoping to recognize y'all. And, I thought I recognized Noghri, but I wasn't sure, and I chickened out asking. [face_blush] So... I had an afternoon/evening at Gateway with me, myself and I. [face_blush]

12. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    Well, that's understandable. I am quite the intimidating specimen of a man. :p

Anyway, Mary and her friend were probably upstairs at that the time you saw us so you could have hung out with them still. We ended up watching the Amazing Universe... or Extreme Universe. Whatever it was called, it was cool. We watched it in the dome theater at 3:30 til whenever and Riley, Sierra and I took off after the show because we already had an hour to mess around with everything there before the show..

It was a great activity. Sorry we didn't get to see everyone again who wanted to be there but couldn't make it or...well...were there but were scared away by my manly muscles.

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Okay, I didn't see you then. So, no intimidation worries. ;) (then, who was that guy!? he looked familiar!) But... ARGH!!! I WAS UP THERE WHEN EVERYONE WAS LINED UP TO GO IN!!! :_| I hadn't bought a ticket since I thought y'all were in the Dinosaur show, and I remember thinking "I should just go see that." But I didn't. :oops: Heh, I started playing with the solar system quiz things, and gawked like a first-grader at the planet comparisons hanging on the wall. Curse my cowardliness!! I know better than that.

14. Jedi_Noghri

Mar 17, 2004
    I think I actually had more fun in the planetarium gift shop than with all the other stuff. They had some cool stuff in there.

So. It's another month and time for another activity. Anyone up for lasertag this month or should we move that back again? There's always the ever popular (and free) movie/game night. Any suggestions or preferences?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.