main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Minute Preparations

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by stormcloud8, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    What are you doing in the last days and nights left to prepare for the movie? Anything? I've decided to try and read Labyrinth of Evil again, if I have time. A great book, and totally sets up the movie. Oh yeah, and watch the Clone Wars cartoons one more time. And make the girlfriend watch Clone Wars so she'll have an idea of what leads up to the film.

Anyone else got any rituals or special Star Wars plans to get in the mind set?

I am in full geek mode now!!!!

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I read Labyrinth of Evil, once. Luceno is too terrible to grant a second reading, he didn't really even deserve the first reading. That is another story for another forum.

Anyway, I watched The Phantom Menace this afternoon. Due to an exam, I was let out of school at 11:30. So I had plenty of free time. When I first saw Menace at the age of 12, I loved it. As I grew older, I saw the flaws. With age, it seems as if the film has improved. I've gotten past some of the mistakes and flaws and have been able to see the merits. From the arrival at Coruscant onto the iris out, it is a fantastic film.

I don't know when, but I plan to see Attack of the Clones soon. I'll have to figure out a night that I'm not too busy. Maybe Saturday or Sunday.

After that I'll be ready. I'll see Revenge of the Sith at 12:05 on the 19th. The following days, I'll probably be viewing the original trilogy.

Exciting.

-Seldon

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEV

GRAND_MOFF_KEV Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm seeing it May 20th with my friends and dad. I watched Clone Wars Vol#1 over again, am reading a whole bunch of Clone Wars stuff and continue posting.

4. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Studying!

I have a huge exam on the 18th, I am literally writing the exam and then making my way to the theatre for ROTS.

5. JMax

JMax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Watched ROTJ for the first time in a long time two nights ago.

Heading up to Minnesota for a fishing trip to the far northern part of the state where there is no communication nor spoilers - unless some of the peeps in the cabin bring spoilers.

Then I'll return here and ditch the NS forum for the first time and spoil myself silly till the movie comes out.

What do you think?

6. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think you're lying!

7. episodenone

episodenone Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 13, 2001
    all of the above,

read LoE twice.
    watched TPM and AOTC.
    watched the CW cartoons.
    reread some of the comics i liked.

now i am picking what kind of food and alcohol will be in my apartment for my friends while i wait on line.

now i try and busy myself with alcohol and drugs and different women to make it possible to wait out 10 of the most anticipated days of my life and muse at how amazing it is that we are 10 days away from the whole kit and kaboodle.8-}

8. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I've already watched the OT with my sister. I watched TPM maybe a week ago, and I'm going to try and watch AOTC on one of my off days this week. And at work I need to try and stay away from the Revenge of the Sith promo table that has all these books, with glorious pictures (along with A TON of spoilers). :p I tried reading Labrynth of Evil and couldn't really get into it. And I never got into the Clone Wars, though maybe I should take a look.

9. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I'm going to watch TPM and AOTC either the day before or day of. Gosh I can't wait! :D

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Let's see. I'm going to see And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead the night before, then I have to work 8 hours.

It's a 12:01am showing Wed night/Thursday morning.

I'll spend the next week figuring out:

(a) how to maximize my caffeine intake so that I won't have to take a bathroom break yet be awake enough, and

(b) figure out how early to lineup and which of my friends will suck it up and line up with me.

Actually, I'm not going to need any caffeine. I will be vibrating with excitement the entire day, and I probably won't sleep after. I'll be on here, gushing with all of you. :D

11. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I'm reading LOE right now (and loving it, BTW). Myself and a few friends will be watching ALL Star Wars movies in the next few days. Well, I told a friend that if he watched the Holiday Special just once that I wouldn't make him watch The Ewok Adventure. :p We'll also probably watch all of Clone Wars.

12. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    I bought LoE. I'll probabaly read little bits until I finish it in line.
    Bought the soundtrack. Havent listened to it, but I did watch some of the more OT based videos. (Seems like they ran out of footage and just started throwin stuff in from the PT, but no spoilers :) )
    I plan on watching the cartoons at least a couple times, including when I wake up on the day of the movie.
    Bought a Grievous figure because he just looks so DAMN COOL!
    I'm watching the TESB a lot. I'll probably go to Jedi next and watch ANH and Clones in the days leading up to Sith.
    I dont know, I just find myself thinking about it all the time. I'm so freakin excited.

oh, and since I am a sucker for at least some unrelated merchandising, I bought a Vader slurpee.
    It was delicious. :)

13. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Oh if only they were Last Minute preparations and not Last 10 Days Preparations.

Read Labyrinth of Evil back in February, and have read the second half numerous times. Already beat Republic Commando and LEGO Star Wars(Episodes I, II and IV[my brother unlocked it]) My brother bought Star Wars Battlefront but I don't really like it.

14. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    Watched AOTC this past weekend. Explained as much as I could to my wife about Dooku and Palpatine, and how the Sith operate. She thinks she'll have to see the whole saga in order one day to fully understand it (hey no problem! :D).

We are so ready!!!

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    I'll definitely re-watch TPM and AOTC before I see the film. Probably on the 18th.

16. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    I watched all the 5 movies this weekend with family, but I might have to watch them again by myself to get caught up with the emotion of the films.

I also read all the clone wars novels in the last couple of months. (None of them are very good except for LOE) I also got all of the Clone Wars Volumes 1-5 and those are pretty nice.

I beat Republic Commando. I bought the soundtrack but only listen to track 3 and I have the game waiting for me in a drawer still wrapped in shrink wrap.

I think I will have Wednesday and Thursday off so I plan to watch 4,5,6,1,2 and Clone Wars on Wednesday starting at about 7am.

What is the best way to avoid spoilers in the line!!!??? I might have to bring a baseball bat.

17. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    The weeks before: I'm reading the novelizations of TPM and AOTC again, as well as watching Clone Wars.

The same day as the premier: hopefully I'll be able to stay focused enough to watch TPM and AOTC and not be climbing on the walls.

The day after: watch OT.

18. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    my best friend, who is a casual star wars fan, has never seen the existing 5 films straight through. so since i was planning on watching em sometime anyway shes gonna come over and we'll have ourselves a little star wars party. then saturday im going down to the local theater to pick up tickets for my hardcore star wars buddies and myself.

19. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I watched all the movies. I only have Jedi left, which I will watch this week-end. I'm also reading a few SW novels, the Cestus Deception and Shatterpoint. This summer, I plan to read Jedi Trial and Labyrinth of Evil.

20. HanShotFirst

HanShotFirst Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Drop everything and read Labryinth of Evil RIGHT NOW.

21. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'll be begging my dad to drive me and my BF 400km to the premiere and back before my prom (first one on the 20th and the second on the 24th). Boo hoo. Tho I'll probably just listen to the soundtrack a billion times while on the train to Sofia. Damnit. Then either listen to the audio book or read the novel on the way back... listening to the audiobook is probably the option because I'll be able to listen to it with my dad and BF *g*

22. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    I'm going to watch TPM and AOTC with a friend of mine, then I'll probably watch the Clone Wars DVD. Re-read some of my Dark Horse Star Wars comics. Listen to the ROTS soundtrack everyday.

23. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Shatterpoint is actually a good novel. Keep reading it, it is far superior to the rubbish which Luceno scribles onto page in LoE.

-Seldon

24. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i'm just getting into the books now. currently reading darth maul, which i'm diggin a lot. i think i'll read all the novels for the films and the lead-ins......eventually.

25. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I'll spend the next week figuring out:

(a) how to maximize my caffeine intake so that I won't have to take a bathroom break yet be awake enough, and

(b) figure out how early to lineup and which of my friends will suck it up and line up with me.

Actually, I'm not going to need any caffeine. I will be vibrating with excitement the entire day, and I probably won't sleep after. I'll be on here, gushing with all of you.

I have seriously been thinking about those EXACT things!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.