main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LAST MINUTE Voice actors!! I NEED your talent!!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Mugwump, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugwump

Mugwump Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 30, 2001
    Hi all!! I ran into some last minute post production problems with FOTJ. I'm a couple days away from release, and I have this HORRIBLE audio clip that I need to change. I need some one to say the 2 lines that are posted at the bottom of this e-mail.

Here's the Charictor:
    Darth Thane - a malicious sith lord who has, and will, taste blood in his lifetime.
    VERY evil.

(a typical sith lord... so I don't really need to go into the details.)

So kinda the john Wayne method here (except EVILLLL!!!) Talk low, talk slow... and be very, VERY evil and malicious (sort of the same style of talking that our good freind Korban Thor is accustomed too.)

Anyways, here are the 2 lines :

"Yes master...?" (take your time on this one. long it out. You are speaking to the emperor as he is about to give you the order to murder 2 jedi knights.)

and,

"yes...The last of the Jedi have come at last. After years of hiding, and millenias of torment, the dark side will FINALY regain control of the force. Your great council lies in ruin. It is finished."

(Feel free to play around with this one-- as well as the wording if you so desire. Basicaly, Darth Thane is talking to the last 2 Jedi Knights after blowing up Coruscant and killing everybody on it. Yes... yes... I blow up coruscant in my fanfilm....)
    If anybody with a computer, a microphone and any degree of voice acting talents wants to try there hand at it, I will be VERY greatfull!! Please e-mail the sound clips to me at themugwump3@yahoo.com or post them somewhere online.

the "Winner" gets his name in the credits as 'the voice of Darth Thane'

Thank you so much!!

2. t-toe

t-toe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    Any chance we could see what this character looked like? I think it would help.

--t.toe
    --co-creator of Mind Gypsy Productions
    --like that means anything, hehe.

3. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    I might be up to it. We'll see. :p

4. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    you most certainly can.

I'm uploading some stills as we speak.

5. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    Number 1
    Number 2
    Number 3
    Number 4

.... yes... our a... costuming budget was a little short if you couldn't tell... :)
    Marueen (cost. designer) did an excelent job though with what we had.

But anyways, here's the charictor :) Enjoy

6. nhaines

nhaines Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2002
    Sounds like a fun task, and looks like a fun movie. :) Nice costumes, hehe.

Tell you what. If you can post quick clips of the movie somewhere--just with the actor speaking the lines, so that I can time myself to his voice, I'll see what I can do after I get home from work (in an hour).

No promises that *I'll* be any good, mind. But it'll probably help everyone who's interested, and it'll probably help you because you'll be able to just drop in the sound and go, without worrying about length and such.

7. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    well, unfortunatly those are the only 2 lines that John had. :-( Actualy, he had a lot more... but becuase of length considerations, ect... We decided to edit out this whole unessesary scene with him and the emperor.

If you want to see clips from the movie, go download the trailor at www.fanfilmfx.com (click on 'feature film')

Thane doesn't say anything in the trailor, but he has his 'moments' :)

Thanks for helping out guys! you guys are awesome!

8. Various

Various Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    None of your picture links work, even if I paste them in.

9. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    Try putting a ? after the URL

10. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    mmm... that's odd... they work fine for me. Anybody else having this problem?

11. nhaines

May 12, 2002
    Mugwump,

Actually, I specifically wanted those two lines that he had, so that I could see his expression and for how long he says them, so that I could do a proper voice-over job. I didn't want the whole movie, just those two lines. ;)

12. Kingleonard

Kingleonard Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    The weren't working for me if I clicked on them, or even opened in a new window. All I got was the Angelfire gif. To get around it I saved target as and opened them off the hard drive. Worked fine then.

13. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    mmmmm... ok...
    I'll post the original Audio recordings on my angel fire page.

14. nhaines

May 12, 2002
    Hmm, that ought to do.

I suppose he *says* the lines the way you want, but the audio quality's bad? Or maybe he says them right and you just want a different voice?

Or maybe he says them wrong and you need a different voice, too. ;) Hehe, well okay, anyhow I'll try to match the timing and play around with the longer line a bit. :D

15. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    mmmmm... ok...
    I'll post the original Audio recordings on my angel fire page.

Also, I've changed the line up a little bit. well, I've actualy added one line.

In addition to the one thats posted above, I'd also like to get a clip of this :
    (shortened version basicaly)

"Yes. And now we have the honor of meeting the last of the Jedi. Your great council lies in ruins. It is finished."

The reason why I added the new line, is I didn't realize I used 'last' twice (at last we meet the last of...) and it just doesn't flow right.

So far, I'm REALLY liking what I'm hearing!! keep up the good work!

-Tony

16. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    ok, it's kinda of a long story.

When we had the audio recording with the orginal actor, we had to change the lines because of a scene we had to take out. Becuase of this film festival we entered in, we had to take out a sequence of coruscant being blown up (911 reasons basicaly. The Judges didn't like the fact that buildings were being blown up, and people were being killed in an act of terror.) So for our rough cut, curuscant isn't blown up. For the final film... sayonara! so the original line was in the context of "We are about to get revenge" the new line is in the context of "We have already gotten revenge... I think I'll kick your a$$ now"

Here's the original line : http://www.angelfire.com/film/mugwump/thanelinesoriginal.wav

Ok, so due to some time issues (I thought I had more time then I did) the line I REALLY needs is the condensed one (see above post)

Thanks for your help!
    -Tony

17. Plague

Plague Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 2, 2002
    Heya Mugwump are you going to release another trailer before the movie comes out. Funny just before you put this post out about the voices you needed I was looking on here to see if there was anything about if the movie was done and about to be released

18. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    well, I was thinking about doing another trailor... but I think the best thing would be to just continue work with the film. The film should be released sometime this weekend, or in the next 3 days or so. In fact, I'm about half-done on the final composate render... so after that I just have to compress it and upload it :)

I will however make a trailor for the DVD release this fall (kind of a 'coming soon to DVD')

If you want to see more FOTJ, there is a teaser trailor online, but it's VERY bad. It was done by my prop master, who has virtualy no editing/directing experiance or know-how for that matter. It's basicaly a carbon copy of the Episode I teaser. Also, he re-did all of the sabers in alamdv for God knows what reason.... So it looks a little crummy. oh well...
    Enjoy

But anyways, back on topic....
    Thanks for all the entrys so far!! What I relaly need though, is the condensed line! I actualy don't have enough time for the big line, so the condensed version is the one I really need. Keep it coming!! I'm getting some GREAT "Yes... master..?" lines!! :)

19. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    ok, if anybody is still reading this post, I REALLY need the following voice clip :

"Yes. And now we have the honor of meeting the last of the Jedi. Your great council lies in ruins. It is finished."

If somoe of you guys could do a recording, it would really help me out! Thanks a ton!

-Mugwump

20. Mugwump

Dec 30, 2001
    hey everybody!

FOTJ has just been completed, and is currently being compressed.

Which means that I have made my selection for the voices.

first off, I want to thank EVERYBODY who recorded clips for me! Especialy Jedi-ted becuase he did something like 10 takes. I thank you ALL!

There are actualy 2 people I have chosen. I have mixed both they're recordings, and it sounds rather lovely. The two folks are t.toe and Jedi Master Dara-Ken

Thank you all again for your time! you REALLY saved my butt!

Look for "Fall of the Jedi" in about a day or so!

21. t-toe

t-toe Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    WHOOO!!! I was chosen?! This is unexpected. ^_^ Rock on!

--t.toe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.