main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Last of a hard core fan

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, Sep 16, 2011.

1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    I went to get my blu ray set today, I went to the best buy web site to see what time they open (because unless its Harry Potter or Twilight you aint gettin a midnight madness release) and they had nothing posted about the blu ray getting released on their web site.... hmph well I get the hours, 10 am ok well I dont know how many people will show so I want to beat the crowed and left at 830ish, itll be cool to geek out with the rest of the die hards.... well no one was there yet :( well at least that puts me at the front line. So my brother calls "dude is it packed or what?? Im bailin now Ill be there in like 15 min.", I told him no rush lol. he gets there Star Wars theme blasting out of the windows of his G35.... he gets a sad look upon his face, still were the only ones there. I told him about the web site and the only thing posted as news worthy was some thing having to do with the Oregon Ducks, well were geeks not jocks so big deal to us right lol. all of a sudden several people started pullin in, they all had one tghing in common, green and yellow [face_frustrated] here we are decked out in all our star wars gear! we started joking about how the jocks are gunna see us and kick our asses lmao! well come 945 still only football people come 10 we were all lined up at the door all the football fans and us the whole two of us. Well regaurdless of the few changes here and there the bottom line is its star wars, its been a part of my life since I was 5.... 34 years, nothing is gunna change my mind about these monumental films and what theyve done for the movie industry, sure we can all gripe about what hes done to HIS movies, but at the end of the day I still have my digitaly remasterd THX surround sound vhs to pop in if I want to see the origonals and you know Ive actually got a good laugh at the new sound Obi Wan makes as a krayte dragon! lol and Luke showing his true colors screaming as he dives off the ledge in Cloud City... and either way you sing the Ewoks victory song.... I never did care much for them... but boy oh boy the drool inducing extras and all the easter eggy goodness well worth the 79.99 I paid, and got a cool t shirt to boot
    Bottom line is were a dying breed my friends the days of long lines and midnight releases for the new action figures is over.... I feel like the last of a true die hard, hard core fan....

2. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    You aren't the last...

There ...is.. aHhnnother Jimwalker.

*poof*

:-B

Say strong.

Next year when they re-re-rerelease it in 3-D, we'll be GODS. OUR TIME WILL COME!! [face_monkey]

Let's figure out when they are releasing and merc it up hella broh. That should give me plenty time [face_praying]

3. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    "The Force will be with you...always"

As far as midnight releases go for figures or whatnot, those days/nights might be over. The thrill of the hunt for those figures was fun though.
    Midnight movies times for the 3D releases, that might be another story.

And I always wear my Star Wars shirts or dress as ANH Han Solo I do events as a costumer. Being a costumer is just another aspect of being a fan, and doing it for chariy purposes is what it's for.

-Eric

4. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    "Do or do not, there is no try."

I personally may not buy into the marketing schemes, but for my part I choose do.

5. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    Im glad to see the force is still strong!!! lol
    the blu rays are actually hella good, I found the boba fett cartoon from the holiday show on disc two of the bonus discs its awesome!!
    as far as the new stuff Ive yet to see any cring worthy stuff.... still watching most of the stuff is actually pretty cool sound effects and stuff background sounds that shoulda been there in the first place.
    watching the bonuses actually gives a little more insite as to where Lucas is comming from and the demons he battled with, and thus altering his films... he just went a tad overboard lol

6. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    We need to get this going. Brodalorians brooooh.