main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Last of the Republic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lord_Noah, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Noah

Lord_Noah Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Hey guys! First time poster here, and I thought I'd post a section of a book I was writing.

Title:Last of the Republic
    Author: Lord_NOah15
    Timeframe: Right after Order 66 was issued to about one week after RotS ends.
    Genre: Adventure
    Summary: A small group of clones disobey Order 66 and try to find Obi Wan Kenobi and Yoda. They narrowly avoid death many times, but it is only so long before death catches up with them...
    Rating: PG-ish
    Notes: First fanfic! Hope you enjoy!

Prologue:

Send Time: 3 hours after the defeat of General Grievous
    Message: To all remaining Jedi, do not make any attempts to come to Coruscant. Chancellor Palpatine is Darth Sidious. Many Jedi are dead. If you receive this message, do NOT contact the Council. Instead, send an emergency transmission to the Tantive IV and stay away from all clone troopers.

Obi Wan Kenobi

Torklyn Zarr glanced at the message. Clone troopers surrounded her. Most of the troopers barely heard the hum of the lightsaber blade as it sliced through them. Torklyn ran, bullets pounding her cloak. She used the Force to push away all troopers. She jumped into her ship. Setting all of the launch controls, she flew out. The small droid in the wing of the starfighter, R6-D10, prepared an emergency transmission. He was excitedly typing in the words she spoke.
    ?Masters aboard the Tantive IV, my troopers have made an assassination attempt that failed. I plan to arrive at your ship in-?
    One of the ships wings was blasted. Torklyn sensed the proton torpedo coming closer to her ship, faster, faster?
    She flew under an asteroid. Lasers pelted the side of the ship, and the R6 unit?s head was blown off. Her shields were low.
    She glanced at her other R6 unit. It was a good thing there were two.
    ?I plan to arrive at the Tantive IV in a short?
    With a BANG, the wing exploded. The remaining droid was still safe. He hurriedly typed out the rest of the message.
    ?While. If you can help I am being overrun by ARC 170s! Help requested immediately!? The droid was typing in the words to the transmission when suddenly, a laser blast made direct contact with the Starfighter. Torklyn spiraled down, faster and faster, the R6 unit frantically finishing a word when suddenly the other wing was blasted off. No hope for backup.
    Torklyn was going down. She tried everything, but then pressed a small button. The ship transformed into an escape pod, and shot towards a planet, when the ARC 170 fighters, sleek and crimson red and white in design, fired a final torpedo at Torklyn. She felt the ship explode around her. Then, nothing.
    Suddenly, the ARC 170s pivoted, and then exploded in fireballs. A lone ARC 170 ship was blasting the others apart. A few managed to escape, but soon they too were consumed by the ship?s lasers.
    The fighter pilot turned around, and headed back. He had been too late to save Torklyn. But there were more. Almost too few, but enough to make a difference later on. His official number was 07-113-824-T54. Others knew him as Commander G. He silently surveyed the remains, and then flew down to the planet. The handful of other clone troopers who, like him, had disobeyed Order 66, where waiting for him.
    His ship flew like a graceful bird, and then arced and plummeted to the station below.
    Suddenly, Darth Sidious appeared. ?Commander, what happened??
    ?Sir, the Jedi escaped, and she took about 30 ARC pilots with her.?
    ?Indeed. Well, I have just one question.?
    ?Yes, sir?? asked the Commander.
    ?Why, then, are three ARC pilots claiming that you destroyed their ships??
    ?Sir, the Jedi was flying behind me. It may have seemed, from a certain angle, that??
    ?Liar. Well, Commander, disobeying my order will cost you. Now 1,000 troops are flying in to destroy you. If only you had stayed with us. But now, you will die. Once my apprentice kills Obi-Wan Kenobi, as they are dueling as we speak, he will come after you. And you will die.? said Darth Sidious, who turned around. Just before the screen went blank, a small green creature appeared, and then

2. Lord_Noah

Lord_Noah Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Hey guys!

Please comment? Do you like it so far?

I'll post the first chapter.

Chapter I
    Invasion

?Troops. Get to your fighters. We?ll need those hyper-drive rings I installed. We?re being hunted by a Sith apprentice and 1,000 troops.?
    ?What?? asked one of the commanders.
    ?In short, there is no way we can win.? Said Commander G.
    General Bold rushed forward. Commander, there is a slight bit of good news. It appears that apprentice of Sidious has been defeated by Master Kenobi. Darth Vader is surely dead. Kenobi is one of the best Jedi the galaxy has ever seen. But surely??
    ?What, commander??
    ?I was thinking that Anakin Skywalker must still be alive. Whatever happened to him? I last heard that he had rescued the Chancellor, then Master Kenobi went to Utapau, defeated General Grievous, and??
    ?Then Order 66 was issued.? said Commander G.
    ?True. We must seek out Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and even?Master Yoda. If they cannot help us, no one can.?
    ?Yes, sir. And I hear that the Sith have a new lord. A robot very much alike General Grievous, but better. At least, that?s what they say.?
    ?We cannot waste any time in rumors. We must leave now.? The commanders approached their fighters when suddenly three hundred ARC fighters appeared on the scopes. General Bold took a step towards his ship.
    ?General Bold, prepare to leave the galaxy. We must head to Coruscant, where the Jedi Temple is.?
    ?But that?s suicide!? exclaimed Private Aisur.
    ?We must, in case Master Skywalker is still alive.?
    ?He wouldn?t stay there!? said the Private again. ?He would have fled, and gone aboard the Tantive IV. We must find that ship!?
    They jumped inside their ships. Sadly, they only needed seven. Against three hundred.
    ?Private, we don?t have any more time for debate. We?ll fly to Kashyyyk. Master Yoda was last seen there.? Said Commander G.
    They shot into the air, and blasted through the first wave of fighters.
    ?Get to your hyper-drive rings!? shouted the commander over the intercom. They flew faster and faster, when another wave slammed into them.
    ?Hold them off!? yelled Commander G.
    ?We can?t!? yelled one of the pilots, whose ship exploded into oblivion. Commander G cursed under his breath.
    The first ship had shot into hyperspace. ?We don?t leave anyone behind!? yelled Commander G.
    Two more ships entered their Hyper-drive Rings, and shot away.
    Commander G weaved in and out of the fighters. He was an excellent pilot. Unfortunately, so were they.
    The commander fired again and again in rapid succession. Soon, the Commander was the last one left. The ARCs were swarming.
    ?We?ve got one chance to escape.? said the Commander.
    ?A sonic charge?? asked one of the Advanced Recon Commandos.
    ?Two.?
    ?Are you out of your-?
    A small blue cylindrical object shot out of the ship. The Commander flew directly over it, when it erupted. ARC 170s exploded in the blue light. The Commander felt the sonic waves coming closer and closer. He gritted his teeth, flying faster and faster, then, reached his hyper-drive ring. He let one more charge go, and then, he shot into hyperspace.
    The ARC 170s flew away, but not all escaped. The charge emitted a blue sonic wave, and many ships were destroyed. Two-hundred remained.
    ?Have you killed them all?? came the crackling voice of Lord Sidious over the intercom.
    ?We?ve destroyed one of their ships, sir.? Said one of the clones.
    ?WHAT? Destroy the rest. NOW!?
    ?Is Jedi Master Yoda dead, sir??
    Sidious force-choked the trooper, then turned back to the others.
    ?Destroy the rest, and then come back to me.?
    ?Yes sir.?
    The clone destroyed every single on of the hyper-drive rings. The enemy had gotten away. But it was only a matter of time.

3. Lord_Noah

Lord_Noah Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Here's chapters 2 and 3...
    seriously, I'd really like feedback...anyone?

Chapter II
    Return to Utapau
    Time: 6 hours after the defeat of General Grievous

An image of Lord Sidious appeared to the group of super battle droids.
    ?You must go to find the clone Commander G. He is to be killed along with anyone found with him. Oh, and General Grievous has some left over bodyguards who will come with you to ensure that the job is done.?
    ?Yes, my lord.? came the metallic voice of the droid.
    Lord Sidious shut off the communications device. Master Yoda was, or should have been, dead. If he had survived somehow, he wouldn?t ever challenge the great Lord Sidious again.
    Sidious felt a disturbance in the force, then an eruption of pain. Anakin was hurt. Possibly even dead. It would be a pity. Skywalker was gifted in the force. Oh well. A new apprentice would be necessary. Wait?he must be alive. The pain hadn?t ceased. He was preparing a ship. ?I shall see the damage. Get me an imperial ship and a medical capsule. Immediately.? demanded Sidious of his loyal red guards.
    ?Yes, sir.? said the guard, who promptly left to get the materials.
    No one could oppose Lord Sidious now, or ever. No one would. What idiots. Sidious laughed. Nothing could stop him now.

Chapter III
    Remains of Kashyyyk

Commander G landed slowly in the deep underbrush. The planet, after many hours of raging battle, was eerily quiet. He and his troops moved further into the brush. ?Master Yoda should be here. I spoke with him only a few hours ago.? Said Private Aisur.
    ?But is he still alive? And still here as well?? asked Commander G. They brushed aside more and more branches and undergrowth. Suddenly, they spied a small brown cloak rippling in the wind. Kashyyyk was a beautiful forested planet, with a light wind almost always. Vines clung to the trees, and the small brown cloak stopped.
    ?Master Yoda. We have been hoping to see you for some time.? Commander G said.
    In response, a strange hiss of a lightsaber was heard. But Master Yoda?s green blade was not seen. Instead, a red blade shot out of the handle. Then, another shot out of its handle, and the brown, tattered cloak worn by Yoda flew away in the wind. In its place was a lethal assassin, who had fought Anakin Skywalker and almost won.
    The assassin was bald, and had unforgiving eyes. The assassin turned around, and Commander G knew the face well. He had faced her on a remote planet and lost his whole legion of troops to her cruel, twin blades.
    Asajj Ventress turned around, and eyed each trooper respectively.
    ?How are you still alive? Anakin Skywalker defeated you in combat!? exclaimed Commander G.
    ?I survived.? said Asajj Ventress. She lowered her blades for a moment, and then catapulted into the air. Her voice was like a viper: lethal, deadly, and cold as ice. She deflected the laser blasts at her, and still charged. Commander G yelled ?Jetpacks!? but the rest were already in the air. He shot up, and she followed. He fired more lasers, but all failed. The group of troopers flew to the canopy.
    She followed them with the cunning of a fox. Her blades cut through the dense foliage like a knife through butter. Commander G shot lasers down, but she deflected them all, and the Commander knew that it would be over quick. Suddenly, he had an idea.
    When Count Dooku had hired Jango Fett as the template for the clone army, it was the best idea his master had had, or so he thought at the time. The Count made sure that, as his guise as Master Syfo-Dyas, equipped with every commander came some small seeker missiles, so that the commanders could potentially fire the small missiles at an oncoming enemy, so that the Republic had an advantage on the droids. But the droids mattered little in the master plan anyway. These small missiles could knock out an enemy at close range.
    If used correctly, the missiles could even knock out a Jedi.
    Commander G fired the small missile at Asajj Ventress. She failed to dodge it, and it exploded right in front of her. She

4. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Good job Lord Noah. It is an interesting idea that some clone troopers might be able to disobey Order 66.[face_thinking] I'd be interested in how this might have happened.

Commander G seems a cool character...and loyal to the Jedi.:)

5. Lord_Noah

Lord_Noah Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Thanks Brodiew!

Heres Chapters 4 and 5

Chapter IV
    Following a Sith?s Trail

The Commander stared at the transmission of the Emperor in the small conference room.
    ?Execute Order 66.? The Emperor said.
    ?Yes sir.? The Commander said. But he stood still and did nothing to act on this new order. The Jedi he had been working for were noble and peaceful unless absolutely necessary. Commander G turned around. Every other commander stood up and left the room. Were they going to execute the Order? Wondered Commander G as he watched them prepare their blasters.
    The Commander was programmed to execute orders without question when they were issued. However, this one seemed wrong. He couldn?t kill the unsuspecting Jedi.
    Besides, he had to follow their orders too. However, even though the Emperor was the highest in command. He ran out of the room and he knew he had to get off the planet.

The Commander flew down instantly. He landed on the forest floor, and realized that he had too little fuel to fly for much longer. He waited for her to come. The jungle, with its cold air and vines like tentacles, reaching out to ensnare you forever, seemed endless. The Commander didn?t have long to wait.
    Asajj bounded out of the forest. Commander G stared straight ahead. She ran faster and faster, then shot out an arm and used the Force on him. He flew backwards, watching as she grinned in triumph, and lashed out again, pushing him back to slam into another tree. He was knocked unconscious.
    Private Aisur took aim, and fired a small missile and Asajj. She barely had time to realize what was happening when it slammed into her back. She screamed out in pain.
    Meanwhile, General Bold sat inside his ship. ?To the Tantive IV, please help us. We are battling a Jedi named Asajj Ventress. She is lethal, cunning, and deadly. Please send help to Kashyyyk.?
    However, Asajj bounded off into the wilderness, grabbing her lightsaber remains and rushing away.
    ?Follow her!? yelled Private Aisur.
    The troopers ran into the forest, charging at Asajj, when she disappeared. They kept running, but didn?t see her.
    Private Aisur motioned for the others to halt their tracks. They stopped, and he glanced around for any sign of her. But there was no telltale scratch on the tree, nothing. The five troopers and Private Aisur started back. Suddenly, battle droids walked out of the trees.
    Private Aisur counted them. There were about thirty. Wasting no time, Private Aisur fired. The front line of the droids fell, and then one of the troopers fell. Another fell, but there were ten battle droids left. Aisur fired again and again, and only five droids remained. Private Aisur blasted the last one, and another clone fell.
    Private Aisur and the remaining clone, Plua, ran through the rest of the forest. They rounded the corner, expecting to find the other troops, but the truth was, they were lost.

Chapter V
    A Discussion of Authenticity

?The transmission?s a trap.? Bail Organa said, sitting at the polished white table aboard the Tantive IV.
    ?I don?t sense anything of the sort. In fact, I believe that the troopers have disobeyed Order 66. They can?t all be mindless. They wouldn?t all turn.?
    ?You thought that about Commander Cody.? Said Bail.
    ?True.? Admitted Obi-Wan.
    ?If you want to go, you can, I just believe that it is suicide.? Said Bail.
    ?I should consult Master Yoda.? Said Obi-Wan.
    ?But, he has already self-exiled himself to Dagobah!? exclaimed Bail.
    ?Then, I shall go there.? Said Obi-Wan.
    ?If you must. But immediately after, the Skywalker boy must be delivered to his uncle and aunt.? Said Bail.
    ?I understand. Is there a starship on board??
    ?Yes. The last Jedi Starfighter in the galaxy.? Said Bail. ?I hope you know what you?re doing.?
    ?I?ll be fine. I just hope you don?t get attacked.? Said Obi-Wan.
    ?I won?t, don?t worry.? Said Bail.

Chapter 6 should be up later today or tommorow.

6. Lord_Noah

Lord_Noah Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    Here's chapter 6. BTW, this story should lead into ANH. Sorry for any inconsistancies, although the whole story is technically an inconsistancy because Yoda comes out of hiding to fight...oops, almost gave too much away there! Here's Chapter 6 and a new baddie...

Chapter VI
    Dagobah

Obi Wan flew his sleek new Jedi Starfighter. Swirls of crimson red and royal blue decorated his starfighter. He flew faster and faster, and landed finally near a small swamp.
    He emerged, his robe compiled with grime from the swamp. He waded across to a small hut. He opened the door, and inside was Yoda.
    ?Here you should not be, Master Kenobi.? Yoda said.
    ?Unfortunately, I have to ask you a few questions. Does this seem real?? he asked, clicking on the recording.
    ?Like a genuine call for help, this seems.? Yoda said. ?But a trap it could be.?
    ?So, shall I go?? asked Obi Wan.
    ?What for? Destroyed, the Republic is. The time of the Sith has come. If believe you do that make a difference you can, do it you must. But if you cannot, then only death awaits you.? Yoda said.
    ?I see. Thank you, master. I?m sorry to have disturbed you.? Said Obi Wan.
    ?Another reason than this, you have come for.? Said Yoda.
    ?I?d like to learn the secrets of becoming one with the force.?
    ?Wait?I sense danger!? said Obi-Wan.
    ?Danger there will be for many years to come.?
    ?I agree.? said Obi-Wan.
    At that moment, a hulking robot with massive strength and four arms lumbered into the room. It was grey, and held four ignited lightsabers in its hands. Yellow eyes glared at Obi Wan.
    ?Master Kenobi.? It said in a metallic voice.
    ?General Grievous??? asked Obi Wan.
    ?WRONG. I am the twin mold of him. The Emperor made two Generals. You killed General Grievous, a mildly surprising feat.?
    ?Who are you?? asked Obi Wan.
    ?I?am General Grievelon.? He said. ?And you will die.?
    Obi Wan watched the hulking robot crouch, and then jump up to kill Obi Wan.

I thought General Grievous was killed too early, but I couldn't bring him back, so...

anyway, hope you liked the short update! Post more later

7. Lord_Noah

Lord_Noah Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2005
    And here's Chapter 7!

Chapter VII
    The Grievelors

Plua and Private Aisur stumbled through the jungle, and found nothing. A cold air swept past him and into the jungle.
    Plua turned around to see something crawl past him, and then, he fired at it. A droid fell, clutching four blasters.
    ?What the-?? asked Plua.
    ?It looks like General Grievous. But he was less intelligent. The question is, who made this droid, and are there more around??
    Their question was answered by several shots from the woods. Plua fell down. He was gone.
    Private Aisur narrowed his eyes and glared at the woods. He started to run. Suddenly, trees erupted in flames. Blaster fire was everywhere. Private Aisur was hit, but he kept running.
    He soon found the other troopers. They were watching the woods also.
    ?It was a trap!? yelled the Private.
    Commander G gazed in horror as 100 Grievelors shot out of the woods and onto a beach. They aimed at the Commander.
    Asajj Ventress walked towards them. ?Surrender your weapons and ships, and we may let you live.?
    General Bold knew it was impossible.
    ?Well, if we must surrender our weapons?? he said.
    ?NO!? yelled Commander G.
    General Bold glanced over at the ships. Asajj caught his glance.
    ?Don?t even think about it.? She said.
    ?I never do.? The General said. He ran, the other troopers following in pursuit.
    Lasers pounded the sides of the ARC-170 fighters. The troopers jumped inside, and quickly flew away. However, a few Grievelors jumped onto their ships. Meanwhile, the rest piled into their own ships. The targets would be eliminated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.