main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Last Remnant Lost {A Tahiri Veila Vignette} Prequel to Completely Yours

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Courtney_Solo, Jan 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Title: Last Remnant Lost
    Author(s): Courtney_Solo
    Summary: This takes place during The Unifying Force. It is from Tahiri's POV. This is sorta AU, but mostly in line with everything else. :)
    Notes: Unfortunately, TUF is the only NJO book I own, and I read it 1st instead of Vector Prime. (You can imagine my disagreement when I read of Anakin's death.) [face_frustrated] So now I am writing a little sumtin.
    Disclaimer: I don't own the sandbow with George Lucas's name stamped on it, I just play in it. :D
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

PAGE 461 FROM THE UNIFYING FORCE: Tahiri Veila

Anakin Solo's lightsaber slipped clumsily from my grip and rolled into a creavasse. No! I screamed in my mind and attempted to call the lightsaber to my hand, but it had fallen too far.

"Leave it!" Mara Jade-Skywalker said sharply, when I almost scrambled after it.

Leave the only part of Anakin that I still have left!? Holding that lightsaber almost seemed to bring him closer from death to me. Now it was lost.

A rending sound thundered through the air. Then the bullet-shaped crown of the mountain slowly seperated from the base and lifted into the sky.

Steadying herself on the Falcon's trembling ramp, Mara whirled to me. "Jacen and Jaina are in terrible danger," Her features warped by sudden anguish, she glanced at Luke, then at me. "We're not letting that ship get away."

"What about Anakin's lightsaber?" I asked.

"I thought you had decided to leave it," Kenth stated.

"Maybe YOU did. That lightsaber means something to me. . . it was Anakin's," I lowered my gaze. "But. . . Jaina and Jacen's lives mean more," I nodded to Mara. "Let's go."

AFTER THE BATTLE, PAGE 484

"Where's Uncle Luke?" Jacen asked.

Mara grabbed him by the arm and hauled him into the aft cabin space, where Luke was laid out on one of the small sleeping platforms. Han, Leia and Jaina crowded in behind them, I watched from behind.

Jacen kneeled by the bed and carefully removed the dressing Kenth had placed over the deep puncture wound in the left side of Master Skywalker's chest. Luke's face and hands were white. His lips and the beds of his fingernails were slightly blue. His eyes were closed and his breathing was shallow.

"Shimrra's amphistaff," Mara said anxiously.

Jacen looked up at her and nodded. "I saw him get stabbed."

Mara began to cry Luke, sensing her mood, took a sharp inhalation. Sobbing openly, Mara laid her head on his chest, and slowly, Luke's hand rose to caress her red-gold hair.

"I'll live, my love," he ssaid weakly. "Tahiri?" I looked up. Master Skywalker lifted his hand, in it was Anakin's lightsaber. Tears began to trickle down my cheeks.

"Thank you," I whispered, and took it gently from his hand.

"May Anakin Solo now rest in peace," C-3P0 stated. I want to obliviate that droid. :mad:

I placed Anakin's lightsaber where I would see it ever day, when I wake up from restless dreams. Every morning I would eye its handle and imagine Anakin's palm wrapped around it.

Perhaps discovering the lightsaber only deepened the wounds that Anakin's death had created, maybe it acted as voyn poison to an open wound. Or maybe, perhaps it helped seal them.

The emotional wounds were almost partially sealed, when . . . A few years later:

"Tahiri!" Jaina Solo exclaimed, running into my apartment. The chrono was just hitting 1300. I looked up from the lightsaber that had once been Anakin's. "It's Anakin! He's alive."

Find out what happens next in Completely Yours

2. Kit_Kat

Kit_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    great! luv it! [face_love]

3. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, Kit_Kat! Thanks for the hug in the sig. ::hugs back:: [:D]

C @};- S

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Very cool. Good prequel for Completely Yours.

Love it. :)

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Thanks, Daena! [:D]

C @};- S

6. Kit_Kat

Kit_Kat Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    you're welcomed, Commander. * @};- *

Kit

7. Courtney_Solo