main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Tour to Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Fistofury, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lija

lija Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2002
    This will be my most expensive trip yet.

I already planned on going to Disney World after the con to take advantage of the free dining. Nevertheless, I bought a ticket. It's been years since I was on the ride, but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing the fireworks and all.

2. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    It's been 14 years since I was on it last. Really looking forward to getting out there again.

3. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    So after some discussion, the wife and I dropped our plans to do Harry Potter World at Universal and use that money for the Star Tours event. We'll just go to Universal in a year or two as a weekend getaway or something.

4. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    YES!!
    It was the biggest wast of time at a Celebration I have ever had. I got the Grievous T-shirt and a $6 drink and as soon as they started playing SW music colipso style I was OUT A THERE.

5. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    What the heck happened that night? [face_thinking]

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Nothing. I spent the night sitting outside of the venue, becuase some friends were in a looooong line to get facepaint. It wasn't worth staying inside.

7. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    OMG!!!!
    The people I do daycare for bought me the tkts to this for Mother's Day!!!
    It was the coolest thing.
    They said their son heard me talk about it.
    So count me in and my friend (I bought hers today)!
    Awesome!!!!

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    Wow, that's an awesome gift!!

9. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I've got my tix, and am also a former Disney Cast Member and have worked similar "hard ticketed" events in the past. Your ticket will allow you to enter Disney's Hollywood Studios after 4pm, and stay for the SW festivities until closing. Once the "regular guests" have exited the park, certain sections of the park or attractions may be closed off to allow for all of the SW activities to be in a general area. Hard ticketed events are a ton of fun, because there's usually a lot less people in the park than during normal hours, and everyone who's in the park is there for the same purpose. I suspect that the usual SW Weekends performers will dust off their acts, including the Hyperspace Hoopla and Jedi Training Academy shows, and there will be SW characters EVERYWHERE.

It's going to be a ton of fun!!

10. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Thank You So Much!
    You are a breath of fresh air!!!!:D

11. DLoSith

Mar 27, 2005
    Awww, shucks. Thanks!

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    So doesn't this mean that from 4-8 pm there will be Disney employees AND fans dressed up in Star Wars costumes, while regular guests are there? I know during SWW when a few fans were dressed in the park, some regular guests were asking them for autographs, photos, etc., and doesn't Disney frown upon that? Will the Disney employees not be dressed up until 8 pm?

13. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Since you are a former cast member and have worked "hard ticketed" events before, maybe could you provide some insight on how limited the ticket quantity might be?

While I am really ambivalent about the Hyperspace Hoopla & Dance Off with the Star Wars Stars, I have zero doubt Last Tour to Endor is gonna be a blast from start to finish. And I'm confident Disney will put together some new good shows for us that do go. I got pumped up when I first heard about it and bought my tickets the day they went on sale.

14. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Just bought my tickets........now to get around to purchasing those C5 tickets! This looks like so much fun! I have always wanted to go to Star Wars Weekends but have never had the opportunity so this will have to do for me :) Also if anyone is interested and still looking for hotels it looks like there is going to be a deal at Port Orleans, including shuttle service to and from the convention. Here is the link: http://mydisneymeetings.com/cv/c926055344b55210vgnvcm100000d864a8c0rcrd

Hope to see you all there :)
    BTW this is a Disney party so it is guaranteed to be AMAZING! I can't wait, i've been to the Halloween party twice and loved it!

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Interesting...

Do you know if that complimentary shuttle service to the convention center is Saturday night only or if that is for the entire four days of the convention? If it's all four days, we may be changing our hotel plans.

16. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I emailed the assistance link and asked about the Convention Center shuttle. I expect it's daily I'm just concerned how often it runs. I'll post their response when received. I haven't booked my hotel yet so I'm still weighing options. My original plan was to move to Disney for a few days after C5.

17. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    Found this over on the Convention Center thread. Looks like they quietly updated their site with the Shuttle schedule.

http://www.starwarscelebration.com/RNA/RNA_StarWarsCelebration/2010-pdfs/ShuttleScheduleStarWars2010Revised.pdf

18. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I received a response from Disney regarding the shuttle from their hotel to the convention center.

Since the shuttle transportation is so limited I'm going to pass on staying at Disney during the convention and just go for a few days after C5 ends. I did however purchase tickets for the Last Tour. I've attended many of the Disney special events and feel it's something worth attending. I would agree most of the major rides will be open during the party. I'm also hopeful they will have event tshirts and pins like they do for their other parties. After all, I need to spend more $ and who wouldn't want to do it surrounded by like minded individuals. :)

EDIT: I just remembered there used to be a display of movie props and costumes back where the canyon ride was located. Does anyone know if it's still there? I know it had several costumes from the Star Wars movies. It was there last time I walked back that way but I didn't make it that far back when I was there last October.

19. DLoSith

Mar 27, 2005
    Disney won't begin the SW festivities until 8pm. If fans arrive costumed early, they won't object, but it'll be regular park activity until the party officially starts.

20. DLoSith

Mar 27, 2005
    Ticket quantities will be much more limited than say, a regular park day. The total guests allowed in the park will still be in the thousands, but it won't be nearly as crowded as the normal operating hours. These type of events really are the best way to experience the parks. You get access to the attractions, plus custom theming all for SW. It's a win, win!

21. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001

We were there in October and yes the SW display is still at the end of the Backlot Tour. It had a Darth Vader and Darth Maul costumes on display and some various pics. Also, there is a Jabba Sail Barge and Snowspeeder during the outside part of the tour.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks for the response, Carolyn!

That actually may suit our needs pretty well, so I may be making a call to Disney today to make our reservations. We planned to make this a duel Celebration-Disney trip anyway and it would be a big help to get the perks of staying on Disney property(not worrying about luggage at the airport, transportation to and from the airport and extra hours in the parks).

23. ChewieTitan

ChewieTitan Jedi Master star 2

Dec 26, 2001
    Got tix today! They are cards with pics of Disney characters. If you have ever been to the Halloween party or other special event at Disney then the cards are the same. They are used like a room key or hopper pass. At the Halloween party last year, we also got wrist bands.

24. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    Got my Endor tickets today! Thought I would post an image for anyone who was wondering what they look like.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/beretta911/temp/IMG_1836.jpg]

25. Grand Admiral Strife

Jun 21, 2001
    It's a waste to stay on Disney property for the con anyways, Maulfly and I are at the Orlando Wyndam Resort, $69 a night (usually 120), they might still have rooms left. Stay at Disney after the con, they're running a free dining with 3day/4night stays at moderate or better hotels, we're doing that since we're bringing her mom with us, she's never been to Disney.

And yes, we got our tix for the party :p That way we can skip Hollywood Studios altogether and do MK, Epcot, Animal Kingdom then home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.