main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Tour to Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Fistofury, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    It sounds tempting -- I'm sure that Disney will put on a quality event -- but it's very likely that I wouldn't have time to go to my hotel between the OCCC and the Disney event, so I would be in costume. Is there anything in writing from Disney that says that wearing costumes would be OK for the Star Tours event?

2. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    They are encouraging it. Says so right on the main page: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Disney-Event/

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Oh.

Well, that will teach me to read all the way to the end of the paragraph in tiny print. :oops:

Now, my next question is about transportation. The ticket includes transport to and from the event. But it ends at 1 AM, after the shuttles between hotels and OCCC end their service at 9 PM. How do you get all the way from the Disney event to your hotel if it's not easy walking distance from the OCCC?

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I wonder if that includes armor... [face_thinking]

I know they were pretty strict about not wearing that around the park with SW Weekends.

5. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    That's what I'm waiting to hear about. Armor. I've already been to MK with my Jedi costume on (MNSSHP last year), but I really wanted to be in my stormtrooper armor. Someone suggested on the 501st boards that if you have a car, you could just pay to park, then when you were ready to change out of your armor, you could go out to your car and change. Then today I was wondering if you could exit and then re-enter the park. At the Halloween party that I was at last year, we had writstbands, but will we have that for this event? (I didn't have nifty passes for MNSSHP... just our printed tickets from the computer.)

Just two little things on if I go or not. Plus what my roomies want to do.

6. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    did anyone call disney or order tickets yet.Would like more details what you get for 75 and is there any exclusive items at party or event

7. dab1313

dab1313 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2005
    i got my ticket in the mail today. The picture was not of mickey mouse BUT of minnie mouse.

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Got mine too. Donald was on mine.

9. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Just got mine a few minutes ago...with Mickey on mine :p

10. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Got mine. Mickey, Goofy, and Donald. I was a little distressed they didn't do a special picture on the ticket.

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Add me to the list of people receiving their tickets today. Got Pluto and Minnie. I can't wait! :D

12. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Looks like the Last Tour to Endor bash on August 14th will really be the beginning of the end for Star Tours 1.0, Disney moved up the closing date to September 8th for Disney World, July 27th for Disneyland.

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Me too. :(

14. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Just got my ticket a few days ago. :)

How many tickets are they selling?

15. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Nothing official has been announced on the available # of tickets, but it will be in the thousands.

16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll trade a Minnie ticket for a Mickey.

:)

17. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    We got Mickey and Goofy. :p

Strife and I were at one of the very first Pirate and Princess events at WDW a couple years back. We were in pirate costume and in the park while the regular guests were still milling about. (Course, we also had park hopper passes already, since we were already there for a Disney vacation.) Strife had a costume good enough that even the Disney cast members would give him a double-look as if making sure one of their own wasn't goofing off and getting on the rides. But no, at least for that event they encouraged guests to get dressed up and enjoy themselves. (And yes, we hopped onto the Pirates of the Carrabean ride in full pirate glory probably around 12:45am or so...last thing right before the special event ended and they herded us all out of the park). [face_mischief]

I would expect it should be something similar for this event. Considering they'll be picking up potentially hundreds to thousands of geeks directly from a major SW convention, they better be ready for all sorts of costumes (or at least give warning well enough in advance if certian outfits aren't allowed).

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    For those wanting to know whether we can wear armor to this event, it looks like it has been approved!

During the mixed period from 4-8pm, we can wear the armor, but we must have the helmet off. We can't even put it on for photo ops. Once 8pm rolls around and it's just the exclusive SW event, then we can wear them.

I'm definitely taking advantage of this! Walking around a Disney park in my TK will be priceless! :D

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  19. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I have a stupid question:

Do you have to come in costume? My brother has Stormtrooper armor, but we didn't plan to bring it.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    No, only if you want to. :)

21. ksomm814

ksomm814 Jedi Master star 1

Mar 17, 2005
    My sister and I weren't planning on wearing one. I'll probably wear a Star Wars shirt but she won't even wear that. You'll probably see all ranges--people who completely dress up and others who don't since this event isn't just for CV attendees.

22. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I never go in costume to this stuff, its never a problem. Feel comfortable to come as you're comfortable.

23. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Just ordered our 3!

24. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    Wearing the costumes is so much fun!

25. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Well . . . I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to get "costumed-up"![face_dancing]
    I will be bringing my Jedi and RL Ralleyman gear to this event.
    Just completed my Republic Commando armor this past weekend and debuted it at Motor City comic Con. But since I'm flying, I'll leave it at home.
    I'll be bringing two cameras to take pictures of the entire event, for the last TOUR TO ENDOR![face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.