main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Last Tour to Endor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Fistofury, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    I wonder if they'll actually let adults do the Jedi Training Academy during the party? I've always wanted to do it but I can never seem to pass for a 10 year old... [face_whistling]

We're staying at Boardwalk Villas so it's a given that we'll be there, especially since we can just walk over! :D

2. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I'm looking forward to it just simply for the fact that I can get together with Star Wars fans and there won't be any drinking! It seems like that is what makes everyone's wheels turn here; I feel so out of place.

I wonder what the cut off will be for entry to the event? Will they stop letting people into it at some certain point?

3. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    NO DRINKING?! Awww ****! Does anybody want to buy 5 tickets from me?

Just kidding. I know Magic Kingdom is the only "dry" park, so me and my crew will have plenty of what makes us happy.

Language. You have to fully asterisk that word.

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I got Goofy and Donald on my two passes. :)

5. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010

I'll see your Goofy & Donald and raise you THREE Mickeys.

6. rebelldrsoni

rebelldrsoni Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2010
    i would love to go to this event sounds really cool . any body need a buddy to go with? I'm taking my brother to the convention that friday but would like to go to the endor tour event I would take my brother but he's disabled and i think the convention and the night event is a little to much for him. you can facebook me.

http://www.facebook.com/TwistedDecadence

7. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006

8. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Just ordered my ticket. First time to disney world, woot!

9. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    There's some new information about this posted on starwars.com... sounds awesome! I'm so excited that they will do another Hyperspace Hoopla...
    hopefully on a bigger stage (for those of you who went to Star Wars Weekends!)... getting to the front of that stage was murder!

10. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    So I was wondering about a couple of things I hope someone can help me out with:

1) Will Star Tours be open every day up to the last tour?
    I'm asking because I'm thinking on going to Disney World on another day and attend the TFN party instead.

2) I've been looking into buying Disney World tickets online. Does anyone know if the ticket can be printed out at home or do you have to pick them up on-site?

Thanks for the info in advance!:)

11. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Star Tours should be open daily until it closes in September. Last Tour to Endor is just an event to mark the end of Star Tours as it has been so far.

And TheForce.Net's party has been moved to Thursday.

Damn, edited for fat fingers.[face_whistling]

12. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Matt,
    First off, looking forward to meeting you and sharing a room down in Orlando. Glad you can make it now! To answer your questions;
    1) Star Tours closes on September 8th, so you'll have plenty of time to ride it while you are down there.
    2) While not 100% certain of this, I'm pretty sure that if you purchase your ticket online, you still have to bring your confirmation to the park and show it to someone at a will call window of some sort to actually get the ticket that gets you into the park. I'll be at the TFN party now that its moved to Thursday and I'm thinking about doing the Last Tour to Endor on Saturday, but it depends on how the money situation looks.

13. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks for providing such quick answers, Mr_Mundi and MrSkinnee.
    Great to hear the party has been moved up to Thursday.

As you can probably assume, I am WAY behind on gathering info on this Celebration and the trip in general.[face_blush]

14. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    In terms of the Disney theme park tickets, they will either mail them to you or you will need to pick them up at one of the will calls at any four of the theme parks. It's your choice to pick which option you want.

You may be cutting it close for the mail delivery, though. They usually say to allow 7-14 days for delivery, so you might be better off just picking them up once you get down there if you decide to go that route.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah, thanks for the info, HanSolo29.
    I just found a link to their shipping options and International Fed Ex-ing the tickets costs like $25.00, which I'd rather spend otherwise, so Will Call it is.

16. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    It didn't even give me the option to will-call my Endor tickets. I had to pay $15 for the shipping since I ordered them so late.

For our regular theme park tickets when I was there last September, they gave them to us when we checked in at our hotel. We were staying on property, so they were are key cards to the hotel as well.

But I did get my ticket for this. Christmas present from my parents. :D I'd love to wear my armor there, but it looks like I'll be in it all day on Saturday, plus I can't sit down to ride any rides. (This will be my only time to Disney this trip, so I want to make the most of it.) As I said before, I wore my Jedi costume for the MNSSHP, and I'm considering on wearing it again, but I haven't fully decided. I might end up just wearing my Donald Duck as a stormtrooper in a line with other stormtroopers shirt.

I'm just excited that I get to go now. :)

EDIT: I did call Reed a few days ago, and she said that Disney was handling the busses. They probably will be the busses that they use to transport guests between parks. I tried calling Disney to get some information (what rides would be open, where the fireworks were going to be at, etc.), but they just gave me the webpage off of starwarscelebration.com and said that there was a phone number on there to call. That's when I called Reed. They said that Disney should post more info as the time draws near.

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh, that's odd. Maybe they don't offer the will call option for hard ticket events. That's something I'll need to look into.

As for getting the tickets when you check in at the hotel, that's exactly what we're doing this time around. We took advantage of the hotel block that Disney set aside at Port Orleans for people attending the con(includes complimentary transportation to and from the convention center). We did everything as a package, so we'll be getting our tickets added right onto our room key.

In terms of a costume, I'm still undecided whether I want to wear my TK to the Endor event or not. It would be a once in a lifetime experience to dress as a stormtrooper at a Disney park, but then again, it'll be quite uncomfortable with the heat and the limited mobility will prevent me from going on the majority of the rides. Decisions, decisions...

18. chucknotsteve

chucknotsteve Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2010
    That's what we're doing, too! Stayed there before, it's nice.

I'm not wearing a full on costume to Last Tour because I know those theme parks get so hot and stuffy... probably wear one of my themed t shirts.

19. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Very nice! :D

Will you be staying at the Riverside or French Quarter? We'll be at the French Quarter and this will our first time staying at this particular resort. Heard nothing but good things, so we're excited! :D

20. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    My thoughts exactly. But I was in costume there in September and that was hot... August will be even hotter. And the ride thing is getting me. I wanted to ride the Aerosmith roller coaster again since I only got to do so once last time I was there and it was totally fun. Plus I wanted to videotape the fireworks show, plus take pictures, so a TK with a backpack on will look kinda weird.

Plus it will be my first "solo trip" to Disney. :)

21. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    As for delivery time for the Last Tour tickets.

I live in Denmark and I ordered my ticket on July 18. It said to expect it by July 30, but it already showed up on July 21.

The $25 for shipping sucks, but I just wanted to have it in hand to be sure.

22. JarJarJedi

Feb 6, 2001
    The FedEx site said that I should get my tickets by Wednesday.

I someone posted this over at the WDWMagic.com forums: Disney Merchandise.

Less than 19 days until Last Tour to Endor! [face_dancing]

23. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Having just been part of the final crowd to close out Star Tours at Disneyland, I'm looking forward to this much more now.

24. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I don't think I missed this info, but have we heard anything yet about what will and will not be open at the park after they kick the rest of the people out at 8pm? Rides? Food? Gift shops? etc.

25. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Here's some tidbit info from the Social Media Director at Disney. His answers to the fans questions will have the green border so they're easier to spot.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/star-wars-last-tour-to-endor-party-is-august-14-at-disney%E2%80%99s-hollywood-studios/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.